Justice League JGL as Batman!!!???

I will only buy into this if JGL batman dies and forces Bruce Wayne out to reprise his role as the true Batman. Christian Bale will have to play him aswell. At the end of the day his character(john "robin" blake) is made up and doesnt even feature in a comic book. Im waiting for brett ratner to be director now, i dont think a quality director will touch this film if the case is to continue nolans bat universe into JLA without bruce wayne(christian bale).

I said TDKR took a hit because even on SHH front page look at the vote on everyone's favorite movie of the year. Avengers won in a landslide. THe avengers really that crap was awful. That's all I needed to know that nolan and his views and direction of batman took a huge plunge with that last movie
I can care less about what others like. You also said "People were expecting a good Batman movie and didn't get it. We want Batman from the comics." Which sounds arrogant so some of us told you to speak for yourself. Because there are still millions of us who loved the film. And last time i checked this movie and the trilogy was still based on a lot of comics. Just a different era than what you prefer i guess. Or maybe you're a purist. It's all good if you are, but some of us aren't.

I will only buy into this if JGL batman dies and forces Bruce Wayne out to reprise his role as the true Batman. Christian Bale will have to play him aswell. At the end of the day his character(john "robin" blake) is made up and doesnt even feature in a comic book. Im waiting for brett ratner to be director now, i dont think a quality director will touch this film if the case is to continue nolans bat universe into JLA without bruce wayne(christian bale).
That would be pretty cool. If Ratner goes near ANYTHING Batman related, i will change my tune and hate this new rumor.

People who say "if it's done right" and "maybe they can pull it off" COMPLETELY miss the point. I keep saying it over and over again but no one listens. If "Blakeman" replaced Bruce for a while in a comic or TV show, or he'll, even in a Batman movie (as much as I would hate that), it would be acceptable. I wouldn't like it nor would many people but that is a decision I could at least respect and wouldn't consider very disrespectful.

However, this is not that. This will be one of the greatest and most iconic moments in comic book film history. Not only it's going to be the FIRST Justice League film and maybe even the ONLY one for a while (depending on its success) but it will be the FIRST live-action meeting between Batman and Superman, Bruce and Clark respectively. This is an event that's been hyped up and hoped for by many fans for decades. People have been waiting for this film to get done for years. So dont give me that "if done right" BS which 100% cannot be applied in the case of this film. To not have Bruce as Batman in it would be an insult to everyone that was anticipating this moment for years and would destroy the main iconic image behind the film and the characters' interactions. This is not the same thing as doing another Batman comic or TV show or even regular Batman movie with a Batman other than Bruce. It's much more than that.

It boggles my mind how so many people would be ok with this and it shocks me even more that so many people can't eve understand why this would be a big deal and then label those outraged by this rumor as Batman fanboys.

There is clearly a pretty high amount of Nolan fanboyism on these forums. You people need to accept the fact that Nolan's portrayal is not the end-all-be-all of Batman and this is coming from someone who loves the living crap out of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and considers them to be masterpieces.

Last edited:
People who say "if it's done right" and "maybe they can pull it off" COMPLETELY miss the point. I keep saying it over and over again but no one listens. If "Blakeman" replaced Bruce for a while in a comic or TV show, or he'll, even in a Batman movie (as much as I would hate that), it would be acceptable. I wouldn't like it nor would many people but that is a decision I could at least respect and wouldn't consider very disrespectful.

However, this is not that. This will be one of the greatest and most iconic moments in comic book film history. Not only it's going to be the FIRST Justice League film and maybe even the ONLY one for a while (depending on its success) but it will be the FIRST live-action meeting between Batman and Superman, Bruce and Clark respectively. This is an event that's been hyped up and hoped for by many fans for decades. People have been waiting for this film to get done for years. So dont give me that "if done right" BS which 100% cannot be applied in the case of this film. To not have Bruce as Batman in it would be an insult to everyone that was anticipating this moment for years and would destroy the main iconic image behind the film and the characters' interactions. This is not the same thing as doing another Batman comic or TV show or even regular Batman movie with a Batman other than Bruce. It's much more than that.

It boggles my mind how so many people would be ok with this and it shocks me even more that so many people can't eve understand why this would be a big deal and then label those outraged by this rumor as Batman fanboys.

There is clearly a pretty high amount of Nolan fanboyism on these forums. You people need to accept the fact that Nolan's portrayal is not the end-all-be-all of Batman and thesis coming from someone who loves the living crap out of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and considers them to be masterpieces.

Could not have said it better myself. Brilliant

I really don't understand what the big fuss is about. People sound like they're six years old. Nobody knows how this Justice League is written or if Clark Kents gonna have a bunch of discussions with Bruce Wayne or not. This Batman (Wayne or Blake) could very well be in the cowl at all times when he's in front of the rest.

This. Beall's script hasn't leaked, we don't know story specifics... nothing save that the film will feature the main 5 heroes from the lineup. Why are you folks overreacting? This is the pre-TDK release 'Heath Ledger will never be a good Joker' mentality all over again.

Not every filmgoer will be a die-hard comic book fan. A lot of them really liked the ending for TDKR and they wouldn't be averse to JGL playing Batman, as it's a natural progression and as long as Batman and Superman kick ass on screen.

2015: That iconic moment when Clark Kent meets...John Blake. Woo. I thought the lack of solo films/build-up would kill my anticipation for a Justice League film, but no, they just keep coming up with ways to kill it further.

Hopefully it's not true.

Talk about an anti-climax. Wow, 70 years in the making to see those two icons on screen together and it isn't even the real Batman. :doh:

If people are keen on JGL being john blake batman then WB may aswell throw in the kitchen sink and cast Tristan Blake Leabu as Superman aka Jason White.

I think it'd be pretty foolish to do your first Justice League film with someone other than Bruce Wayne as Batman.

Talk about an anti-climax. Wow, 70 years in the making to see those two icons on screen together and it isn't even the real Batman. :doh:

Seriously.

I've never liked the idea of a JL film to begin with but even so I firmly believe you cannot have anyone other than Bruce Wayne as Batman. There is nothing wrong with John Blake taking up a mantle in TDKR, whether that be as Batman or his own identity within that universe, but when you're talking about the first ever meeting of the two most famous superheroes on the planet you cannot have anyone other than Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne. It's not just about the names, it's about the characters themselves, John Blake is not Bruce Wayne, his relationship with Clark Kent would be completely different to Bruce Wayne's - and people want to see the Kent/Wayne relationship.

And why do people keep saying it's too soon for a new Batman? I could understand maybe a new franchise (though I don't think it's too soon) but a new actor? Nolan's Batman is not the only version of Batman to be a cash cow. Batman in general is a natural cash cow. I would argue he is the first superhero to reach James Bond popularity status and what I mean by that is that you can do a loose continuity with him starting tomorrow and jump right in with everyone already established. Batman is the bigger cash cow; not Nolan. Look at the success of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. They're not just popular games to Batman fans and comic book fans. They're popular games period. They even raised the bar for video games in general and they didn't have to be connected to or like the Nolan films in order to achieve that.

And stop using the backlash for the Spider-Man reboot as an excuse to not have a Batman reboot so soon. The difference is that Raimi's version, prior to TASM, was the first version of Spider-Man to be popular with the general audience and mainstream media. That was the only version of Spidey the GA in general has seen prior to the reboot. However, the mainstream media and general audience have already been exposed to multiple versions of Batman over the decades that were popular beyond just comic book fans. The 60s Batman show, the Burton/Schumacher movies, the Nolan films, and the Arkham games are and ha've been big in general. Most people can accept a different version of Batman because they've already learned there are multiple versions of Batman at one point in their lifetime (ex: when BB came out, people had to learn this wasn't Burton's version; when Batman '89 came out, people in general had to learn it wasnt the Adam West version). Spider-Man did not have this luxury. I'll ask yet again: what is it that Spider-Man had that was very popular in general beyond just the comic book fans prior to the Raimi films? The answer is nothing.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, connecting Nolan's universe with JL makes NO SENSE simply from a plot perspective. Sure, in the comics when Batman is off fighting solo it is assumed the other members of the JL are busy, but you can not tell me Superman couldn't have stopped into a 6 month occupation of Gotham for a few minutes and done something.

GOP-Worlds-Finest.jpg
Superman-vs-Batman.jpg
THIS is what I want to see. I will be very disappointed if WB uses John Blake in Justice League. That just would show their lack of confidence, to rely on Nolan's creation like that. Batman has been played by 4 actors since 1989, I think the general audience can accept a new Batman. And once 2015 comes around it will have been ten years since Bale first starred as Batman, we need to move on from the Nolan series. Use JL's Batman to pave the way for a more fantastical and comic book approach.

People say Nolan's trilogy takes place way before super power beings are introduced in the universe, so Clark would still be pretty young now. But then that would make Batman really old when he joins the JL.

There is clearly a pretty high amount of Nolan fanboyism on these forums. You people need to accept the fact that Nolan's portrayal is not the end-all-be-all of Batman and thesis coming from someone who loves the living crap out of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and considers them to be masterpieces.
Well we ARE on a Nolan part of this forum. Nolans use of Batman is actually my favorite use of the character even though it doesn't represent everything that i loved about it when i was introduced to it at a young age.

Like ive said, people are reacting like crazed fanboys. It's still Batman and Superman on screen. Why does Bruce and Clark have to be such a big deal? Maybe its cuz i didnt grow up loving JLA comics, but it's how i feel. Bruce meeting Clark is real cool but we dont know if Clark even knows Batman in this story. We know NOTHING ABOUT IT. Hence why i say you're all over-reacting.

Batman and Superman sells this movie to the general audience. Not Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne. Only fanboys would get angry over something like that.

You want a reboot, i do too but i dont want it so soon. You want the trilogy to end with Rises, i dont. I want to see Blake become that hero. None of us are wrong. Im just saying some people are acting childish about this rumor, and over-reacting about Bruce Wayne and the importance of that. I KNOW IT'S IMPORTANT TO FANS AND THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE!! I just dont care myself! It's still Batman and Superman with Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern. And if Nolans movies continue (with a good director) then ill sacrifice the damn comic version of the Justice League to get this new twisted take on it.

If u guys are right and it's ********. There's a reboot coming HOORAY everyone can breathe again. Ill go see it and look forward to the actor playing Bruce and look forward to an Arkham City batman on film. Even though ill be uneasy about how fast they're doing it. But ill still wish we got JGL's Batman/Nightwing in a movie.

Piggy backing off the Nolan films is definitely a move that lacks confidence, it would show they don't believe MOS is enough to drive up the hype for a JL film.

How can you rather have a character that doesnt exist in the comics than Bruce Wayne? The appeal of Batman isnt the costume. It's Bruce Wayne. You say that only a fanboy would get hung up on it not being Bruce Wayne, that may be true, but only a non fan of the character of Batman could prefer John Blake over Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is the appeal of Batman

People say Nolan's trilogy takes place way before super power beings are introduced in the universe, so Clark would still be pretty young now. But then that would make Batman really old when he joins the JL.

It's just too complicated to try and crow bar the superpower elements into that world now, Begins was where seeds had to be planted. Fact is the series has been its own thing since TDK, I'm certain in hindsight WB would have loved to have changed that, but they've been uncertain about what they're doing with their superhero properties for years, even until recently MOS was its own continuity and not a launching pad for anything else. Too cumbersome.

Like ive said, people are reacting like crazed fanboys. It's still Batman and Superman on screen. Why does Bruce and Clark have to be such a big deal? Maybe its cuz i didnt grow up loving JLA comics, but it's how i feel. Bruce meeting Clark is real cool but we dont know if Clark even knows Batman in this story. We know NOTHING ABOUT IT. Hence why i say you're all over-reacting.

You want a reboot, i do too but i dont want it so soon. You want the trilogy to end with Rises, i dont. I want to see Blake become that hero. None of us are wrong. Im just saying some people are acting childish about this rumor, and over-reacting about Bruce Wayne and the importance of that. I KNOW IT'S IMPORTANT TO FANS AND THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE!! I just dont care myself! It's still Batman and Superman with Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern. And if Nolans movies continue (with a good director) then ill sacrifice the damn comic version of the Justice League to get this new twisted take on it.

Because who they are under their costumes is a part of who they are. Not having Bruce Wayne be Batman changes all the dynamics of the relationships. Blake is not gonna act like Wayne.

I gotta say , i've yet to read an arguement or see an arguement that convinces me this is a good idea . Nolan's series and characters should be limited to his saga imo. Any cheap and lazy attempt to hold on to the Nolanverse or his characters only shows to me the lack of imagination that WB towards JLA project in general.

But , I guess its hard for WB to let go and try something new or try another director or actors take on Batman. Ultimately though, they're gonna have to do it sooner or later.

I hope they do the bold thing and not try to build another Batman francise on Nolan's foundation. Imo, using JGL as Batman isnt bold, its lazy , and it demonstrates the studio's fear of truely taking a chance with a new Batman and a new universe.

Nolan has shown them that the right filmmaker can come up with their own creative spin on the Batman character if you give them a chance and that you don't need to rely on previous francises to tell a new story. If this idea is truely floating around WB , I hope they take a step back and really consider what it would mean to continue to make this move .

I gotta say , i've yet to read an arguement or see an arguement that convinces me this is a good idea . Nolan's series and characters should be limited to his saga imo. Any cheap and lazy attempt to hold on to the Nolanverse or his characters only shows to me the lack of imagination that WB towards JLA project in general.

But , I guess its hard for WB to let go and try something new or try another director or actors take on Batman. Ultimately though, they're gonna have to do it sooner or later.

I hope they do the bold thing and not try to build another Batman francise on Nolan's foundation. Imo, using JGL as Batman isnt bold, its lazy , and it demonstrates the studio's fear of truely taking a chance with a new Batman and a new universe.

Nolan has shown them that the right filmmaker can come up with their own creative spin on the Batman character if you give them a chance and that you don't need to rely on previous francises to tell a new story. If this idea is truely floating around WB , I hope they take a step back and really consider what it would mean to continue to make this move .

It smacks of desperation. But then again is that really a surprise move from WB? Look at GL.

Last edited:
Nolan's universe and the JL universe are not compatible, that's just the way it is. That's the biggest reason why this cannot work. Bringing Blake into Justice League and bridging the two together would be undoing what Nolan set up in his trilogy.

Because who they are under their costumes is a part of who they are. Not having Bruce Wayne be Batman changes all the dynamics of the relationships. Blake is not gonna act like Wayne.

What if Blake does act like Wayne and dynamic was the same? Would you be fine with it?

No because it would make no sense for him to be like that in the first place. I would expect Blake's eyes to be popping out of his cowl out of admiration standing in front of Superman.

Nolan's universe and the JL universe are not compatible, that's just the way it is. That's the biggest reason why this cannot work. Bringing Blake into Justice League and bridging the two together would be undoing what Nolan set up in his trilogy.

Why? It doesn't change Nolan's 3 films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"