Zak Penn and The Live Action Avengers Movie Threads Merged

hippie_hunter said:
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hank Pym, and Hawkeye are getting orign movies.

The Hulk already has one.
arent they doing another origin movie for hulk?

hippie_hunter said:
No, the Incredible Hulk will be a sequel to Hulk
well thats good then.. as long as they get eric bana back as bruce banner. I really likes him as the character

Isn't there supposed to be a Nick Fury film being planned? And will he be black or white? Still I wouldn't mind a black Fury seeing as he's been moulded to look like Samuel L Jackson. I wouldn't be surprised if he landed the role.

hippie_hunter said:
But Ultimate Marvel is not everyone's cup of tea. I say blend the Ultimates with the Avengers.

Have a Chitauri invasion of Earth. Have a massive battle between the Chitauri and the Avengers like in the Ultimates. Have a scene where a lot of heroes such as the Falcon, War Machine, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, X-Men, etc. are captured by the Chitauri (like the scene where the Liberators have captured Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and the X-Men). Take a lot of influences of the Ultimates, but it shouldn't be a full on Ultimates movie.
Superman Returns isn't everyone's cup of tea. Hell, Spider-Man 2 and Batman Begins aren't everyone's cup of tea.

It's just with the Ultimates, you have the whole movie right there. I mean, it's just laid out perfectly, to rip that apart, to edit that in any large fashion, you would lose really one of the best things about the book, and personally I would just take a regular Avengers movie if that were the case. God knows most movie adaptations are already halfway to being the same as Ultimate versions already.

All IMHO, of course. :o

FVD said:
Isn't there supposed to be a Nick Fury film being planned? And will he be black or white? Still I wouldn't mind a black Fury seeing as he's been moulded to look like Samuel L Jackson. I wouldn't be surprised if he landed the role.

seeing as Jackson will do any movie *coughSnakesOnAMother*****ingPlane*cough

I like the idea, but really it wouldn't work.

If it where an Ultimates movie they should go with the first Super-Human arc and not include the alien invasion.

-When do they plan on having this movie coming out?

-What characters do they plan on having?

-Shouldn't they wait until the Iron Man,Captain America,and the new Hulk movie comes out first,then they can use those actors who played those characters in those movies to play those characters in this movie?

hippie_hunter said:
No, the Incredible Hulk will be a sequel to Hulk

^Didn't Arad say that they are redoing the movie because they didn't like it,that sounds like a remake?

GoldGoblin said:
-When do they plan on having this movie coming out?
Unknown. Probably in 2010 or later, I'd say.
GoldGoblin said:
-What characters do they plan on having?
Unknown. However, Marvel holds the rights to all of the major Avengers, so they have a good selection to choose from.
GoldGoblin said:
-Shouldn't they wait until the Iron Man,Captain America,and the new Hulk movie comes out first,then they can use those actors who played those characters in those movies to play those characters in this movie?
By the time this movie is made, they probably all have their own movies out. Certainly Iron Man and Hulk, and probably Cap too.

I'll give him a chance, one can't blame him when suits at studios tell him what he can and can not do on in the movie, Hulk could have been better, i didn't have any complaints about X-men.
Marvel now has complete control over what goes up on the screen and they know they're characters better than anyone, Jon Favreau has said while he and the other writers of Iron Man are going thru the script, they brain storm with Marvel people to make sure they have the sprite of the character and the story right, so with Marvel watching over there characters, we will see better movies, Hulk should be much better, Iron Man is looking kick a$$, Avengers should be the same way.

hippie_hunter said:
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hank Pym, and Hawkeye are getting orign movies.

The Hulk already has one.

OK, so this movie is coming out in like 2012 pr something?

I'm just glad to see progress on a film.

Why are all of these internet sites headling this story now as if it's brand new news. This is old news from this past April that they all posted back then. They have amnesia?

I really don't think any sites picked up the Zak Penn/Avengers news from either board back then. I, personally, can't keep track of everything posted here so you're best bet is to write it into the site (which you do, AD, I'm just talking about this item).

CConn said:
Superman Returns isn't everyone's cup of tea. Hell, Spider-Man 2 and Batman Begins aren't everyone's cup of tea.

It's just with the Ultimates, you have the whole movie right there. I mean, it's just laid out perfectly, to rip that apart, to edit that in any large fashion, you would lose really one of the best things about the book, and personally I would just take a regular Avengers movie if that were the case. God knows most movie adaptations are already halfway to being the same as Ultimate versions already.

Then make the movie, but dont call it Avengers.

CConn said:

But I don't want an America Is Always Evil the Movie.

I don't want a dickwad Captain America. Although I would like to see a liberal Captain America. And by liberal, I mean liberal for 1945

I don't want a traitorous Black Widow

I don't want General Nick Fury: Agent of SHAFT

I want Thor to be a definite god, not a person who might or might not be a god

I don't want a mutant Wasp

I don't want a man-eating Hulk

Having it fully based on the Ultimates is not the way to go. There are so many interpretations of the Avengers. It would be best to take the best of those interpretations and blend them together. Take the Ultimates cinematic storytelling and hell even base the story very loosely off it. Take the characters of the 616 universe

Zak Penn aside, I don't think Marvel can get this one right. What has happened (and yes I have a bit of inside info) is that a lot of "suits" are trying to force the Superhero bandwagon as far as it will go before it runs out of gas. There is a reason we haven't seen a Batman/Superman or a JLA or a Teen Titans movie. They are too big in scope and budget to make fans happy. Then there is the inevitable... "That's not the guy who played Iron Man in the IRON MAN movie". Its a nice pipe dream but if the guys thought that THE HULK was worth releasing and thought that DAREDEVIL was best served by sending in three villains there is no way this can carry itself...

Penn hasn't done anything noteworthy that get's me excited in the pants.

Why the f____ does Marvel always go to this guy for writing chores??Honestly,this isn't looking good.Hopefully the solo films all do well with the director being one hell of a talent.

Darthphere said:
Really, let me say this. If youre going to make an Avengers movie, make it Avengers. Dont use the Ultimates and call it Avengers. Ultimates is a btter movie title IMO anyway.

The way I see it, the first film should be based on The Ultimates because it's version of the origin would just work best on screen. Sequels (and you know there would be sequels) should be based on classic Avengers stories.

hippie_hunter said:
I want Thor to be a definite god, not a person who might or might not be a god

I'd keep that. At least with how the others veiw him.

Ironman24 said:
I'll give him a chance, one can't blame him when suits at studios tell him what he can and can not do on in the movie, Hulk could have been better, i didn't have any complaints about X-men.
Marvel now has complete control over what goes up on the screen and they know they're characters better than anyone, Jon Favreau has said while he and the other writers of Iron Man are going thru the script, they brain storm with Marvel people to make sure they have the sprite of the character and the story right, so with Marvel watching over there characters, we will see better movies, Hulk should be much better, Iron Man is looking kick a$$, Avengers should be the same way.

Bottomline is that MARVEL has greenlight authority...not some outside studio. For those who listen to the CC yesterday, you walked away with a sense that Marvel isn't going to have people "interpreting" what ever they want....if you love and respect the original stuff...stick with it. Zak Penn has a clean sheet...well...not really, as Kevin Fiege made the point that the Avengers is movie number 7, and the previous movies all included "possible" members of an Avengers team...Iron Man, Hulk, Captian America, Ant Man, Nick Fury, Thor....hmmmm.

gotta say...I love the fact Marvel is getting so involved with their movie versions. I think even they are tired of seeing some of their movies dragged through the mud when there is potential for many sequels.
I think they are going by the mentality "If you want something done RIGHT. Do it YOURSELF."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"