LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
My excitement is through the roof, though I'm not sure how I feel about not getting MOS 2 by itself.

Okay, so what happens when the recast Bruce now?

When does the Man of Steel panel start and where can we get live coverage?

Movieweb.com has posted an article saying its official and was announced today at the WB panel.

It hasn't yet. Via Twitter, nobody's said anything yet. We're just basing all of this on the hollywoodreporter.com article.

I have really mixed feelings about this. I REALLY wanted a Man of Steel sequel before jumping into this. We need to establish the city rebuilding after the first movie and see more of Superman being a part of Metropolis, the Daily Planet stuff, journalist Clark and further develop the relationship between Lois and Clark.

Not to mention whoever replaces Bale as Batman is going to be in for an uphill climb from the get go. I think ‘World’s Finest’ would be a great movie but I need my Superman a little more developed first

I have really mixed feelings about this. I REALLY wanted a Man of Steel sequel before jumping into this. We need to establish the city rebuilding after the first movie and see more of Superman being a part of Metropolis, the Daily Planet stuff, journalist Clark and further develop the relationship between Lois and Clark.

Not to mention whoever replaces Bale as Batman is going to be in for an uphill climb from the get go. I think ‘World’s Finest’ would be a great movie but I need my Superman a little more developed first
That can all happen in WF.

Exactly. This is what I've been thinking of!

Maybe funds from Bruce Wayne's bank account are going to help the city rebuild....and the ball rolls downhill from there. Bat rogue shows up. Luthor is involved. Badda bing badda boom.

I also think that Batman isn't going to get much character backstory or development...because well he is Batman. He will just exist. Of course there will be a (hopefully) great Bruce Wayne character, but it won't be rich with back story or deep character study yet.

Batman will show up and be a bad ass. Clark will get more character development I think.

According to the report WF is the MOS sequel which will show Batman team up to help Clark. Plus Flash is set next and then JLA. All according to the report.

The WB comic con panel has shown footage of Godzilla, World of Warcraft, and 300 sequel.

Maybe funds from Bruce Wayne's bank account are going to help the city rebuild....and the ball rolls downhill from there. Bat rogue shows up. Luthor is involved. Badda bing badda boom.
No need for a Batman rogue. Luthor and some freaks is all that will be necessary.

I can't see a Bat-villain in Worlds Finest. Doesn't make sense. This is re-introducing the Bat character, so this will be placed in Superman's world. The villain will be Luthor and the destruction of the Supes/Zod fight could bring Wayne to Metropolis working closely with other billionaire play-boy Lex Luthor until **** hits the fan. Supes/Bats will butt-heads, but ultimately, work together to form the JL (possibly Luthor channeling Brainiac.) Goin to be so BADASS. The possibilities are endless to awesomeness..

Don't expect the official announcement from WB until 4:15 Pacific/7:15 Eastern during MOS panel

I know that but there's been no formal announcement at the Con. Nobody's grabbed the mic and said it officially.
Whoever does the announcing needs to drop the mic after and walk off. Not answer one damn question. :funny:

People keep talking about how long it takes to set up a character, etc (i.e. the way the MCU was set up) but the original Burton Batman just jumped in with no origin at all. There is no reason they can't introduce Bruce Wayne/Batman to the MoS universe in the same way. There can be rumors, etc that become part of the conversation when Wayne comes to town to help rebuild Metropolis/investigate Superman.

This approach doesn't work with all the characters but it should be fine with Batman.

It would be awesome to see Clark doing some old fashioned reporter investigation to learn about Bruce's past, etc.

No need for a Batman rogue. Luthor and some freaks is all that will be necessary.

I agree actually thinking about it. Batman's rogues are pretty overpowering when on screen to, one of them would take away from Luthor.

I'm happy about this news, but I'm gonna be upset if they scrap MOS2. Hopefully they can push it back to a 2016 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"