The Dark Knight Lachy Humle vs Jude Law: Who Should Be The Joker?

Mr. Socko said:
I still don't believe that "small" bit, maybe mysterious, but I'm not believing the small part from Jett's useless rumors. Way before Begins came out, Jett never listed Bale as a top contender for Batman so that shows how true his articles are.

But I think even if Hulme is cast, he should be billed before Oldman and Caine just because he's the 2nd main star, not because of who he is.

If Hulme is cast I highly doubt he will be casted before Oldman and Caine, I mean before Cain maybe, but never before Oldman, which I hope Gordon has alot more screen time. I don't know I think I'm starting to like this small mysterious role for the Joker, makes his appreance on screen that much sweeter and scary!

I'll refuse to accept it if he has lee screentime then Doc Ock had in Spider-Man 2.

WTF can you do with the Joker in 10 minutes. Scarecrow was fine because he's not a major villian a whole lot of people care about.

Mr. Socko said:
I'll refuse to accept it if he has lee screentime then Doc Ock had in Spider-Man 2.

WTF can you do with the Joker in 10 minutes. Scarecrow was fine because he's not a major villian a whole lot of people care about.

Look I totally agree with you that the Joker should have alot of screen time, but I am convinced that if he is to have let's say 15min of screen time, those 15 would impact more than doc ock, magneto, green goblin screen time put together.

Hannibal in SOTL
Buffalo Bill
John Doe in Se7en

all I'm saying is that it could work!

Yes but people shouldn't use the John Doe one. No one walking into the theater had any idea who John Doe was or anything. It's not like that for the Joker. Everyone knows who he is, what he looks like, and what he does.

But the ONLY way I could see Joker getting such limited screen time is if it's like a follow up of him being the villian in Batman 3.

Alot of people are saying The Joker will be the main villian with Harvey Dent becoming Two Face. It very well could be the opposite, we don't know for sure. In Batman 2 Two Face could be the main villian and have the unnamed Hitman become the Joker at the very end so Batman 3 can take off right there.

Mr. Socko said:
Yes but people shouldn't use the John Doe one. No one walking into the theater had any idea who John Doe was or anything. It's not like that for the Joker. Everyone knows who he is, what he looks like, and what he does.

But the ONLY way I could see Joker getting such limited screen time is if it's like a follow up of him being the villian in Batman 3.

Well the only thing I'm saying that a little Joker (08) is more impactful than alot of Joker (89). Like everytime Lecter was on screen in SOTL, we could not get enought because we were limited to observing the monster that he was, but In Hannibal that "feeling" went away since his screen time was alot more.

I've been lurking this morning, and I've read 95% of the posts, so let me state my opinion.

A big name actor would make Batman Begins better than a little known actor Thats just my opinion. We already know that the big name actors are good actors, and many of the little known actors(Hulme for instance) are good actors aswell. But my reason for thinking a big name actor would boost the film was because of Batman 89. Michael Keaton, nobody really knew him as a well known actor. Jack Nicholson, a well known actor, the best of the best, eerybody knew him back in the 80s, heh, and the 70s.

Now lets move on to Hugo Weaving. He'd be an awesome choice for The Joker. I love the shape of his head :p He's also got great teeth, and an evil smile, as we saw in Revolutions after The Oracle became an Agent.

Now on to screen time.

I'd be heartbroken if The Joker got the same airtime as in Doc Ock in SM-2. I'd actually cry after the movie. The theater might be flooded with my tears. Doc Ock was cheated out of airtime, and should have had much more, but I could deal with it, because the way they portraited him wasn't the best way. A scientist gone crazy who just wants to make a machine that can control the sun, blah, blah, blah. Now The Joker should have a huge part as he did in Batman 89. The 2nd main character should definetly not be Alfred or Gordon. Socko is right. Scarecrow wasn't a main villian, so his airtime was perfect IMO.

*Finishes rant* :p

Lachy Hulme. On BOF it said something recently about him not being the front runner right now for the role. It said there were him, Hugo Weaving, and Jude Law being considered for the role now. It said that he's a dark horse, which means he's a replacement for someone if they don't want the role.

Out of Hugo Weaving and Jude Law, I'd choose Law for The Joker. I just think he would be a better Joker, acting wise. Hugo would be a great Joker, but Law would be better.

Montana said:
Out of Hugo Weaving and Jude Law, I'd choose Law for The Joker. I just think he would be a better Joker, acting wise. Hugo would be a great Joker, but Law would be better.

Law and Weaving are just pawns! the role will go to a low profile actor. This movie does not need the boost that Nicholson brought with him in 89. BB did pretty well with Bale as the star lead, they don't need Law or Weaving! Besides I really belive, and this is just my opinion, that any big names like Law and weaving are just pawns to keep people talking throughout this whole Joker casting process. The role should and will hoefully go to a low profile actor like Hulme or Bettany as it should be.

Two Face said:
Hmm I rather see Hulme as Joker then Law, I think Law would be better as The Riddler.

Yeah, I mean these days it makes sense casting an unknown for such a huge part like The Joker.

Hmm I rather see Hulme as Joker then Law, I think Law would be better as The Riddler.

Robin91939 said:
Hulme:

74011103.jpg

-R

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
...meh.

I really haven't seen much of Hulme's work. So I can't judge too fairly here. I keep going back to when Law played in Road To Perdition. He was so creepy in that movie and for that, I'd suggest him as Joker.

I can't picture Law as being evil at all. Whenever I hear his name I see the poster for Alfie or something in my head. I think the only movie I've seen with him is AI. Nevertheless he does have right type of face and I could see him with the Joker makeup, but I can't picture him portraying the ultimate evil of the Joker.

I've been preffering Hulme up til now and I was also liking Bettany, but then again I haven't really seen them act much either (I saw Hulme in Matrix 2&3 and Bettany in a Knight's Tale).

Since Bettany apperently isn't available I'm hoping for Hulme, but I trust Nolan too find the actor that fits the role best. And as long as that actor has the skinny look of the Joker (as opposed to Nicholsons) I'll be happy.

Mr. Socko said:
Way before Begins came out, Jett never listed Bale as a top contender for Batman so that shows how true his articles are.
You've got to be kidding, right? BOF championed Bale from day one. Hell, Bale was BOF's no.1 choice for Batman vs Superman!

Forget him, Macphisto. Anyone whos actually closely followed the Batman films over the last few years and has any sense knows BOF while not PERFECT is by and far the most trustworthy and reliable source of info. Hell, members of the BB production team said they checked BOF everyday during filming themselves to see what they were reporting over there.

Besides Socko has shown himself to be a drooling idiot in other ways so c'est la vie.

Anyway...

Jude Law for Joker? He is too much of a name imo. I'm sure he could do a good job, but I just don't like him for the role.

I remember when everybody here wanted Jude Law as Joker back in 2003 before Nolan or Bale was attached to the project. I even showed my support for while but not now he might be good but I agree there are better choices Bettany, Brody or Hulme and if Law was in a Batman movie I think he will be suited as The Riddler that’s my opinion.

i'm def not down for the law as jooker either....i don't know much about humle either....

hamill dammit! :p

I would prefer an unknown play Joker, it would make him all the more creepy and upredictable. Hulme looks physically perfect (facially) for Joker. Law would probably be o.k., but I think it would be "Hey look, it's Jude Law playing Joker". Mr. Nolan, please pick an unknown.

Hulme easily (if these were the two choices). Jude Law is not scary. The Joker should be threatening. Jude Law is a metrosexual.

Calendar Man said:
Hulme easily (if these were the two choices). Jude Law is not scary. The Joker should be threatening.

Of course the Joker should be threatening, but it's about the manner in which he is threatening. I'm still not convinced Hulme is a good choice.

Jude Law is a metrosexual.

Perhaps, but the Joker's a total metrosexual. That's actually why I like Law for the role. He's got that kind of foppish quality to him, and yet - if you've seen Road to Perdition - he can be scary as hell, too. And he's certainly got the look.

The reason I like Bettany is because I know he could do that, and easily bring real menace to the character besides.

Keyser Sushi said:
Of course the Joker should be threatening, but it's about the manner in which he is threatening. I'm still not convinced Hulme is a good choice.

Perhaps, but the Joker's a total metrosexual. That's actually why I like Law for the role. He's got that kind of foppish quality to him, and yet - if you've seen Road to Perdition - he can be scary as hell, too. And he's certainly got the look.

The reason I like Bettany is because I know he could do that, and easily bring real menace to the character besides.

Foppish?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"