The Dark Knight Latest Report for 5/9

I had this dream the other night that I somehow ended up in charge on BB2. Nolan and Goyer quit and I had to write and direct. I wasn't established, so no actors wanted to be in it, so I had to play Two Face myself. I ended up scalding half of my face to get into character.

Dark Knight said:
i get a kick how Jetts report states...."if the fans want Lucas as much as he wants to be Dent, then I'm sure he will get it"

Huh?? I'm pretty sure most of us in here do not want that guy as Dent correct?

LOL. Yes but that was his point. He said IF the fans want him. Meaning that Lucas wants it, Bale would support him and probably Nolan as well. But if fan reaction is overly negative he thinks they may not go for it.

Ronny Shade said:
I had this dream the other night that I somehow ended up in charge on BB2. Nolan and Goyer quit and I had to write and direct. I wasn't established, so no actors wanted to be in it, so I had to play Two Face myself. I ended up scalding half of my face to get into character.

LOL!!!

That's... well that's... beautiful? Twisted. Twisted and beautiful. Hooray! :up:

Keyser Sushi said:
LOL. Yes but that was his point. He said IF the fans want him. Meaning that Lucas wants it, Bale would support him and probably Nolan as well. But if fan reaction is overly negative he thinks they may not go for it.

lol.....then lets be sure......we all try and agree on NO to Lucas as Dent. I think all of us Bat fans have a pretty good idea of who we think wouild be approrpriate actors in certain roles in this Bat franchise. As Dent it should one of these three IMO....

Schrieber
Gyllenhaal
Pearce

And The Guard enters the ring with a cutting remark.

Cutting remark, perhaps, but am I wrong? Yes, it's consistent, but this isn't news. It's not a new rumor, either. Saying "so and so are still in the running" week after week after week...isn't news to me.

Wow, some of the current "hot" young actors are in the running for roles in BATMAN 2. Two in particular, are interested. Again, not news. Almost EVERYONE who's ANYONE will be trying to land a role in BATMAN 2.

What I don't understand is how so many of you treat it as if it WAS news.

The Guard said:
Cutting remark, perhaps, but am I wrong? Yes, it's consistent, but this isn't news. It's not a new rumor, either. Saying "so and so are still in the running" week after week after week...isn't news to me.

Wow, some of the current "hot" young actors are in the running for roles in BATMAN 2. Two in particular, are interested. Again, not news. Almost EVERYONE who's ANYONE will be trying to land a role in BATMAN 2.

What I don't understand is how so many of you treat it as if it WAS news.

Because we're bored, man.

Bettany haters:will you stay where you belong in our memorys?

Bettany:i will....never be a memory.

a big british flag raps around Bettany and disolves leaveing Hulme in it's wae.

Both of these guys will not be in Batman 2..........Nolan will pull a Gary Oldman with these characters............

Dark Knight said:
thats my finalist list as well

Schrieber
Gyllenhaal
Pearce
I was not giving my finalist list, I was just giving Katsuro some names of rumored people to make a Two-Face's poll, and stating that I would prefer Schrieber over the mentioned.

Katsuro said:
You know... we have a Joker Poll 2.0, does anyone think we need a new Harvey Dent Poll? We haven't had one in a long time, and even if we did i'm sure people's minds have changed.

Help me list some candidates to put on it and i'll make one. Anyone who's either rumored to be up for it, or has at least a small fanbase. Right now I can think of:

Liev Schreiber
Josh Lucas
Hugh Jackman
Joaquin Pheonix
Dougray Scott

Who else could I throw up there?

I said:

Guy Pearce
Jack Gyllenhaal

I would prefer Liev Schreiber though. ;)

Paul Bettany is “in the mix” for the part of The Joker. As he himself recently, it’s all about money and negotiating power. It’s not lost on anyone that he’s one of the fan faves for the role.[/I]

...And his fee and negotiating power will increase dramatically after "The DaVinci Code" comes out (a movie that's going to make HUGE boxoffice all over the world.) It's not an unwise move for WB to cast Bettany as the Joker, because people around the world will remember him as "oh, the villain from 'The Da Vinci Code.'"

I'm not against Josh Lucas as Dent -- he can play both charming and incredibly smarmy/nasty (witness him in "The Hulk"), but then again, so can Liev Shrieber. Both of them have "fanboy" cred, though, and would be safe choices.

Finally, I've NEVER understood the fans' clamor for Lachy Hulme (a blank slate) and Guy Pierce (a great actor, but wrong for the part of Dent.)

-- Admiral Nelson

AdmNelson said:
Finally, I've NEVER understood the fans' clamor for Lachy Hulme (a blank slate) and Guy Pierce (a great actor, but wrong for the part of Dent.)

I think people want Hulme because he's, as you said, a 'blank slate'. If he is cast as Joker and delivers, he will become Joker, simply because the overwhelming majority haven't seen him in any substantive role. Audiences won't be familiar with his acting ticks, and it will be easier to buy into him as Joker as opposed to a familiar actor playing the character. There is no veneer to peek under, so to speak.

As for Guy Pearce, as much as he's suggested for everything, I think it's really that people want him to do more commercial roles. However, he clearly has no desire to do that, so I'm not even worried about him, personally. Get Schreiber, or even Gyllenhaal for Dent. I'm no fan of Josh Lucas.

AdmNelson said:

-- Admiral Nelson

I've never really been fond of the idea of Guy Pearce as Dent either.

tamron said:
I think people want Hulme because he's, as you said, a 'blank slate'. If he is cast as Joker and delivers, he will become Joker, simply because the overwhelming majority haven't seen him in any substantive role. Audiences won't be familiar with his acting ticks, and it will be easier to buy into him as Joker as opposed to a familiar actor playing the character. There is no veneer to peek under, so to speak.

Very good points, but I still don't understand WHY people are nominating him over any other actor. The only things I know him from are "The Matrix" sequels, and he simply came across as Generic Bad Guy -- a thousand other actors could've played his role. So, what're people seeing in him (in particular) that makes him a "Joker" candidate? (More so than Bettany, or Chris Eccleston, or Crispin Glover, or various other people.)

Is there a notable Hulme role that I should watch that would make me say, "Aha -- he'd make a great Joker!" (Like my reaction at the end of watching "Equilibrium" 3 years ago, when I literally said to my wife, "Man, Christian Bale would make a PERFECT Batman/Bruce Wayne!" -- and my wish came true!)

(Also, Gyllenhaal is a good actor, but seems too young to play Dent.)

Puzzled,

Admiral Nelson

It's hard to nominate an unknown, because they're, well, unknown.

I think people are backing Hulme in particular because Nolan wants him. To my knowledge, nobody brought him up until the rumors started that that's who Chris wanted for Joker. After assembling a stellar cast and delivering a great movie in Begins, I think people have faith Nolan won't muck this major casting, so they say "Give Nolan what he wants."

If Hulme's the guy Nolan wants, he can probably deliver, but it doesn't mean he's the only guy out there who I think can do it.

I haven't seen Hulme in anything. I think he's got the look, based on manips I've seen, but I know nothing about his work.

Eccleston would be good, but I don't think he's even on Nolan or the WB's radar. I've only heard fans discuss him.

I agree, Gyllenhaal is too young for Dent, but if we can't have Liev, I'd take Jake in a heartbeat over Josh Lucas. I just don't like Lucas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"