Lee Pace as Ronan: the Accuser

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by KDM1986, Apr 23, 2013.

1. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Safe bet. I'm also hoping we get our first look at at least one of the following: Arnim Zola/Crossbones/Winter Soldier/Star-Lord

And perhaps we'll get a real confirmation of a Dr Strange film in 2016 or so... and maybe an Agents of SHIELD teaser?

Maybe I'm asking too much?

2. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Some rumor about Lee Pace's character switching sides at some point in the film.

oooh. -_- i wonder who it could be.

3. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Magus/Warlock?

4. Chris B Registered

Agreed. Based on the rumors, but I'm wondering if perhaps Magus spends the majority of the film in a behind-the-scenes role with Yondu doing his dirty work. Hence him being the "principal villain" as recent rumors suggest.

5. MadVillainy C'mon Son

I think he'll be Nova. Chasing the Guardians similar to Karl Urban's role in Red. He's not a bad guy, he's just doing his job.

6. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

If any rumor should be taken with a grain of salt it should be the Yondu as principal villain rumor. I highly doubt that one.

7. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Maybe, but I don't see how Richard Rider could ever be mistaken for a bad guy, or even one who turned good.

Magus becoming Adam Warlock makes the most sense, and has an obvious connection to the GOTG, and to Thanos, whereas Nova's connection to the team is ancillary at best.

8. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I think the most likely explanation is "that massive swarm of spoilers is largely wrong." I can't put my finger on a single specific reason, but it doesn't smell right to me. I mean, there may be bits and pieces in there that turn out to be right, but I suspect the majority of it is largely or entirely inaccurate.

9. MadVillainy C'mon Son

As I said in my post, Nova isnt a bad guy, he's just doing his job.If the logline of "In space, an American pilot and a group of futuristic ex-cons go on the run with a highly coveted object" is true than it is very possible that the antagonist would a cop or a cop like figure like Nova.

THe Hitfix report also mentioned that Pace's character would be set up for his own solo film. I think Nova is a lot more likely to get a spinoff than Adam Warlock I think. If it wasnt for the sentence where they said that the "villain" would be set up for his own solo film, I'd probably think Warlock too.

as far as Nova's connection to the team. It doesnt matter if he had one in the past or not. They always make a new connection because the MCU is a new universe

#84 MadVillainy, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  10. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Yeah, I'd agree with you that Nova sounds like a more likely solo film than Adam Warlock; but then again, a few years ago, none of us would've ever dreamed that Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy would be fast-tracked before more iconic Marvel titles. Warlock has a very complex story to tell, obviously; I could see them needing at least two hours to show all that.

11. Whiskey Tango Registered

This seems most likely to me.

12. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

In retrospect, and with news of Glenn Close joining the Nova Corps, too, I'm gonna switch up and say that Lee Pace as Dick Rider sounds a lot more likely now, too. I'd hate to see Adam Warlock left out of the whole GOTG and Thanos mythology, though....:csad:

13. Whiskey Tango Registered

I was hoping for Mar-Vell myself but yeah I think it's almost certainly Nova at this point.

14. Mr. Dent Registered

He has to be Richard Rider.

15. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

It would be impossible to introduce the Nova Corps without having Nova in it, obviously. So it makes sense that Richard Rider (or at *least* Sam Alexander) would be a major player in this. If that's not Lee Pace, I don't know who else from known casting fits that bill.

I'm going to offer the possibility, though, that we *don't* see Nova himself until the end of the movie. JCR as Rhomann Dey is still a baffling role to me, because in the comics, he basically plays Abin Sur to Rider's Hal Jordan. But in the MCU, at least according to that rumor, Rhomann Dey is a liaison to SHIELD on extraterrestrial affairs, and JCR is apparently looking at the usual Marvel multi-pic deal to come back in other movies.

So if *that* turns out to be the case, Pace could very well turn out to be someone else, like Warlock, or the Ronan rumor; and we don't see Rhomann Dey and Worldmind (Glenn Close has *gotta* be Worldmind! doesn't she...???) picking their Nova until the end of the movie, setting up Richard Rider (casting still TBA) for a Phase III Nova solo joint.

16. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

It's important to note they definitely aren't done casting yet. Rocket is a main character and no news of him. They could still cast Rider, and Ronan.

17. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

I still wonder when we'll actually get Rocket casting news. He'll probably be just a voice-over, with the CG provided by a random stuntman instead of the actual voice-man; and if that's the case, Rocket's voice actor won't even be needed until well after post.

The voice actors for Rocket and Groot will probably be the last ones we actually hear about, and that'll probably be after the film is already done shooting.

18. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

I seriously doubt that. If Rocket Raccoon requires any type of motion capture, which would probably only be limited to facial capture, they'll cast an actor to do it all. That's the way to go nowadays.

19. DocHoliday The King of Cool

They'll want to make a big deal out of who they cast for Rocket. I'd be surprised if it isn't announced by comic-con.

20. Norrin Parker Majestor of the Shi'ar

They've already said they aren't using Mo-Cap for Rocket. They'll hire a actor just for the voice.

21. Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

I really doubt they'll put off Rocket's casting till Post-Production. They'll want the actor's personality bouncing off the other cast members, a la Zach Braff in Oz.

Groot, on the other hand...

22. Wontkins Registered

No, they said that they won't be putting a Mo-Cap suit on a real live Raccoon.

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2013/02/...ket-racoon-in-marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy

The title of that article is misleading. The actual quote is

They didn't say anything about how they'll be capturing the actors performance.

23. Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

To be fair they did mention rotomation, which is 3D animating over a real actor/raccoon and usually exaggerating it a bit.

24. Norrin Parker Majestor of the Shi'ar

Fair enough must have misread the article. But to me it makes more sense to use rotomotion on a real raccoon. Humans don't move like raccoons. I hope they take the Del Toro approach

25. DocHoliday The King of Cool

I hope Lee Pace is Nova but I'm starting to think he might actually be Magus/Warlock. Either way this movie is hard to peg down. lol