Legendary Pictures' 2014 Godzilla Reboot - Directed by Gareth Edwards - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope Jet Jaguar is finally in this one!

polls_JetJaguarGodzillaHandshake2_5046_55877_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Punch...punch...punch!
mangaking1353711581.gif

Frank Darabont rewriting the script is a great thing, but going through this many writers isn't a good sign.

tumblr_m0n0anAA7X1qio4rko1_500.png

Destroy an entire city? My God, can't we talk this over? Why do you have to do this? Do you know what it says about us? Surely there has to be another way!

I vote for Scoot McNairy for the role.

I just see him as a better option. He's a good actor, he already has worked with the director, he'll be cheap (at least a little cheaper than Cavill Im guessing. And with no other franchises his schedule will be more free than Cavill who has MoS sequels potentially and MAYBE JL

Wouldnt be mad if Cavill got it though

As for Caleb Landry Jones...just no

Frank Darabont is a good sign for me.

zP9E5.jpg

I vote for Scoot McNairy for the role.

I just see him as a better option. He's a good actor, he already has worked with the director, he'll be cheap (at least a little cheaper than Cavill Im guessing. And with no other franchises his schedule will be more free than Cavill who has MoS sequels potentially and MAYBE JL

Wouldnt be mad if Cavill got it though

As for Caleb Landry Jones...just no
The picture they had for Caleb Landry jones looked like a mugshot lol.

"What would happen if Godzilla came into our world today?"

Grounded, realistic. Those are the new buzz phrases.

It's even funnier when you realize it'd be the exact same ****ing thing that it did if he walked into the world in the 1950s like the original film. People would freak out, he'd destroy stuff, and then we'd try to kill him.

I think they literally have used that phrase for every adaptation as of late.

Pitch for The Smurfs at Columbia: "What would it be like if the Smurfs were actual characters and really existed?" I honestly believe someone said that phrase.

The real question then would be, are they really delicious enough to devote your entire life to hunting for food? And, in relation to Godzilla, if he steps on a Smurf in Manhattan and no one sees, is it really dead? Relevant questions for the modern age.

tumblr_m0n0anAA7X1qio4rko1_500.png

Destroy an entire city? My God, can't we talk this over? Why do you have to do this? Do you know what it says about us? Surely there has to be another way!
Lmfao I didnt catch this before :up:
The picture they had for Caleb Landry jones looked like a mugshot lol.
He was ok in the smaller role he had in First Class but he really just looks weird a lot of the time.
It's interesting though that they were interested in JGL, Scoot, and Cavill who look/are "grown" men bu then they also have Jones who looks like he can play a high schooler

I don't know how much of The Fly 2 is his script, but Elm Street 3 is one of three good Elm Street movies.

I don't know. Apart from King-adapatations he also wrote for movies like The Fly 2 and A Nightmare on Elm Street 3

And pretty much everything he has directed has ranged from good to amazing... by which he wrote some of the scripts to them.

Last edited:
I don't know. Apart from King-adapatations he also wrote for movies like The Fly 2 and A Nightmare on Elm Street 3

And pretty much everything he has directed has ranged from good to amazing... by which he wrote some if the scripts to them.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt passed on the lead role in Godzilla, while a shortlist of actors like Henry Cavill, Scoot McNairy, and Caleb Landry-Jones are in contention.

http://collider.com/godzilla-joseph-gordon-levitt-henry-cavill-scoot-mcnairy/222206/#more-222206

The star of any Godzilla movie is Godzilla.

If I'm Levitt or Cavill, I don't touch this with a 100 ft pole. McNairy and Jones aren't in the "I can afford to be picky" stage of their careers yet - neither is Cavill per say but he's sitting back and waiting to see how The Man of Steel does first.

^exactly it is just like transformers everyone knows who the audience is gonna care about

the damn title character

The ensemble cast of this movie should be B-list at most. I don't mean terrible actors, but actors who won't really overshadow each other or the title character. No Raymond Burrs. I'm sure you'll have the everyman, the chick love interest, the comic relief guy, the hardass military character, the sarcastic chick or the granola girl chick who is all about saving the environment, etc.

How about limit the human actors all together? Sure have them serve as our way into meeting godzilla but then have the story shift to godzilla himself. Thats the one problem I had with the 98 film. they started out great with tracking zilla down and then it went off the rails by making us sit through the crappy girlfriends story of being a reporter and her and nicks love story, just get on with godzilla destruction. Its called godzilla not love in manhattan.

Last edited:
Unless Godzilla talks or sings and dances, they won't be doing that. He'll be CG or animatronic at some points at the most, and it won't be cheap.

I'm not worried about the humans, since frank darabont is touching up on the screen at least the characters will be well done.

The characters don't have to be uninteresting. We should care about Godzilla trampling civilization under his feet because it's worth something. Otherwise, why bother? I don't want to find out too much about Godzilla, either. They spent lots of time on that in the movies for kids 'cause you need to keep things simple and obvious for kids, so an unknowable death machine isn't acceptable. That shouldn't be an issue for this take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"