Legendary Pictures' 2014 Godzilla Reboot - Directed by Gareth Edwards - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he is suppose to be an updated Japanese version of the classic Godzilla design: his traditional spikes, his overall dinosaurian design, his atomic breath, and his classic roar. The only thing I will wonder is will he have his nigh invulnerability (i.e. rockets, missles, bombs, etc. bounce off of him).

He would almost have to, right? If not, quick movie. Oh, it's Godzilla! Fire some missiles at him! Oh, okay, he's dead. That was quite a scare, though, wasn't it?

The last American Godzilla went out like a female dog. If this one can knock down a city, I hope it's as tough or tougher than the Cloverfield monster, at the very least.

Walking A-bomb seems to be what they're going for if the Comic con trailer is anything to go by.

I'm wondering right now if Toehi will incorporate this Godzilla into the Godzilla canon in some way, too. If it's well translated, maybe we'll even see a Godzilla vs Godzilla movie, not sure if that's quite been done yet.

You can't really defeat Godzilla,but only hope contain him for a bit(as cliched as that sounds). But,he should be too powerful to take down with missiles or guns. People need to actually use their minds in order to stop him. That's what the Japanese understood when making the series.

That and just making him the lesser of two evils in every film.

That and just making him the lesser of two evils in every film.
True. He may have to be the main "villain" in the new film,but mankind obviously deserves alot of the blame for it's wars and follies in helping to create Godzilla in the first place.

[YT]5MneHEIUrIs[/YT]
[YT]ZC6AHyDSvYU[/YT]
I demand these songs be in this movie, anything less and I will be thoroughly disappointed.

Last edited:
the only thing that should be able to hurt Godzilla is another monster.

Frank Darabont. That's an interesting choice. Looking forward to this a bit more now.

It would be great if Godzilla fights some other monsters in this. He probably won't, but I think that this director could create some cool looking beasts, if his film Monsters is any indication. I'd love to see Godzilla face off against that jumping squid thing from the old NES game.

It would be great if Godzilla fights some other monsters in this. He probably won't, but I think that this director could create some cool looking beasts, if his film Monsters is any indication. I'd love to see Godzilla face off against that jumping squid thing from the old NES game.

Ask and ye shall receive...

I read a report that said that the main character might be a soldier. I still vote for Scoot but again Cavill would be a fine soldier. I just fear if he's cast he will over shadow Godzilla at least a little

Another monster? Hmm, that makes me wonder if this Godzilla will be villain or hero?

Lawsuit: Legendary suing (kicked-off) producers and trying to put on a restraining order on the said producers' attempts at a production shut-down.

It's hard to side with anyone because there's zero info on what really went down, and who the 'bad guy' really is. Legendary has always been a legit partner with WB and a legit company in general. Meanwhile the producers are all part of the WB family for the past decade, so this will be a nasty inhouse fight.

Without knowing the details, I'll just say this: If WB ever loses Legendary, it would be a bigger loss than losing those three producers. Legendary is not only geek friendly but they're also one of the reasons why WB has been one of the greats in the biz for the past decade.

http://m.deadline.com/2013/01/legendary-pictures-sues-to-remove-godzilla-producers/

Last edited:
Woah, that sounds potentially pretty serious. Though I'm not sure I sure I understand what's meant by losing Legendary? Like as in leaving for another company, or being dispersed

Woah, that sounds potentially pretty serious. Though I'm not sure I sure I understand what's meant by losing Legendary? Like as in leaving for another company, or being dispersed

A few years ago, there was talks that WB is having issues with Legendary at how much % of profit they should get per project. This was first documented during the pre-production of The Dark Knight Rises. A bunch of legal stuff.

And with their contract almost running up (they partnered up back in 2003-2004 for a number of projects and I think it's gotten to the point where the contract is nearly up, reaching the quota of films under the deal, and needs to be renewed. But I don't recall if there's any movement yet.)

That being said, I get the vibe WB is somewhat passive agressive towards Legendary, always relying on them for genre tentpoles and unable to do these types of films themselves. Of course this is all debatable and just speculation on my part but personally, this has been more apparent after the last Harry Potter film.

And as far as I know, Legendary isn't involved with Justice League (yet). I think that was intentional so WB can be self reliant, but look how sluggish it has been with slow developments despite its 2015 deadline.

Last edited:
Bottom line: WB can't lose Legendary.

I think the case will settle out of court, or WB can just pay off the producers directly, because I don't think WB wants to risk a delay or piss off either party. Well too late for that..

Last edited:
Ah, okay. So Legendary isn't actually owned by WB or anything? So, it's about whether or not they will continue to produce films for them.

Ah, okay. So Legendary isn't actually owned by WB or anything? So, it's about whether or not they will continue to produce films for them.

Yeah. If Legendary could have enough money I think they would rather be their own studio. But in their position back in the day, they needed to partner up with a studio.

If they keep up this pace, they will be their own studio eventually.

With Man of Steel, Pacific Rim, and Godzilla being made by Legendary WB shouldn't piss them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"