Legends of Tomorrow Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some explanation on how Darhk still has "Special Powers".
I thought those were granted through a Statue that he had to recharge from.

Now it seems that he just has these powers for no real reason.

Was there an explanation that I missed? Maybe something in Arrow before he was killed the first time. I wouldn't be surprised if there is not.

No reason given, but he just got resurrected through the power of some kind of vast evil godbeing. Its really not implausible that this gave him a jolt of mana.

Typical CW forget what happened in the past and just make up things as we go along.

Typical CW forget what happened in the past and just make up things as we go along.

Not really what happened they just did not explain it outright. It is not too unlikely to believe that Damien (who had his idol for something like 5 years) would have formed such a connection to it that he does not need to have it with him at all times to use his power. We have seen Zari have powers when she was not directly in possession of her totem and those are rather similar circumstances.

Yeah, I agree that it will only be a problem if they don't explain it in the future.

So far, we saw what I suppose was the power of Mallus come down and resurrect Damien, so I don't think it's wrong to assume that Damien is channeling Mallus' power.

On the other hand, they've said that Kuasa has somehow integrated the water totem into herself, so maybe Damien did something similar.

Not really what happened they just did not explain it outright. It is not too unlikely to believe that Damien (who had his idol for something like 5 years) would have formed such a connection to it that he does not need to have it with him at all times to use his power. We have seen Zari have powers when she was not directly in possession of her totem and those are rather similar circumstances.

Except that when team Arrow took the idol away on an episode of Arrow, Darhk lost his powers. As I recall it was even the whole idol, just a piece of the idol, and eye or something. And the only way Darhk got his powers back
was Diggle's brother betrayed them and gave Dahrk the missing piece back. So it was clearly established on Arrow he derives his powers from the idol and is powerless without it. Saying he absorbed so much power from the idol
he no longer needs it is just PIS backtraking on an established story. It would be like saying Superman has been exposed to Kryptonite so many times he has become immune to its effects.

Eh, not exactly. Damian lost his power when his idol was *destroyed*. When they merely stole it, this did precisely nothing to him. The missing piece was what prevented him from *restoring* the idol, when he had otherwise retrieved almost all of its parts.

Either way, Darkh's idol didn't seem to require his possession of it. I imagine if someone fought for control over it, they could likewise take away his powers, but only by actually mastering it themselves.

I'm sad they replaced Zari's white costume for a black one. The white one was so pretty.

it was clearly established on Arrow he derives his powers from the idol and is powerless without it. Saying he absorbed so much power from the idol
he no longer needs it is just PIS backtraking on an established story. It would be like saying Superman has been exposed to Kryptonite so many times he has become immune to its effects.

Except that at this point Darhk has been dead for at least 1 year. As such it is (1) difficult to tell what the effects of dying would be on his powers and (2) difficult to ascertain if he just died and then was inactive for the entire year. If Deadman is any indication people can still do things after their death, not all of Deadman's powers, but it is possible Damien could have been a ghost. Perhaps he learned from the experience of having the idol taken away and worked at ensuring that that could never be done again. After all, he still had his powers during the final fight with GA and I don't recall him having the idol with him.

P.S. - It is entirely possible that Superman could become immune to the effects of kryptonite after such pro-longed exposure. As I recall Lex Luthor developed an illness due to his pro-longed exposure to his piece of kryptonite.

Also, probably don't use the phrase "PIS backtracking on an established story" again. Your post was fine without that.

He developed cancer because Kryptonite is radioactive (thus the cancer), completely different then growing immune to Kryponite or this more recent Damian PIS.

Kryptonite radiation isn't a virus you can develop a tolerance for. In some comic stories, such as Kingdom Come or All-Star Superman, Supes becomes immune to Kryptonite by soaking up tons and tons of solar energy.

That's a feature of having enough Solar energy to for the moment, bear and repel it but almost never lasts beyond a few minutes (although some writers have let power creep get so ridiculous that he adapts to Kryptonite, exept for prime 1 million, he is so far transcended from his years in the sun that there is nothing left for Kryptonite to logically effect; thus making perfect sense he'd be immune).

Last edited:
An obvious answer that I'm sure they won't take to their firestorm problem (I'm sure they'd love to get rid of him as then they'd have to stop jumping through hoops to remove him from play); would be to have Stein transfer his half to someone else on the team, maybe someone like say, their resident fire enthusiast. With that Dynamic then Jax could be the level headed one and Mick would be the hot-headed one.

An obvious answer that I'm sure they won't take to their firestorm problem (I'm sure they'd love to get rid of him as then they'd have to stop jumping through hoops to remove him from play); would be to have Stein transfer his half to someone else on the team, maybe someone like say, their resident fire enthusiast. With that Dynamic then Jax could be the level headed one and Mick would be the hot-headed one.
lol it won't happen cause he's cronos and mick may have meta power's from that already since the time master's did some extra thing to him he may not be aware of. similar to the pilgram. which traveling to to their latest crew memeber time which argus hinted at that may or may not be a thing. in mick's case it's very likely ray too with his over exposer to dwarf metal and what they said aboutthe hawk and savage aorbing radition from that mideorite which both him and stein talked about in season one.

Last edited:
So how are they gonna pull off Jax sticking around without being Firestorm. You think they're gonna make him "Stickyman" with Stein's other serum? :lmao:

So how are they gonna pull off Jax sticking around without being Firestorm. You think they're gonna make him "Stickyman" with Stein's other serum? :lmao:
Maybe Jax could partner up with Ralph Dibny and call themselves Chameleon Tongue.

I wonder if there is someone else leaving Legends.

Given how often they ignored Firestorm anyway, he'll probably just stick around as a non-powered heroic type. Which. . . isn't great, since there's nothing he brings to the team that someone else doesn't do better, and his personality and characterization don't really stand out well ( aside from the Stein chemistry, which is obviously moot ).

Given how often they ignored Firestorm anyway, he'll probably just stick around as a non-powered heroic type. Which. . . isn't great, since there's nothing he brings to the team that someone else doesn't do better, and his personality and characterization don't really stand out well ( aside from the Stein chemistry, which is obviously moot ).

Jax does have a lot of mechanical aptitude. He is sort of the Scotty of the Waverider. I suppose Dr. Palmer could fill that role, but he seems to be the type more interesting in inventing things than fixing them and keeping them running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"