BvS Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joaquin Phoenix for Jim Gordon.

aVsZjno.jpg

:applaud

one reason why I dont really want Cranston as lex is Because it'd be too much like walter white versus superman. Its uninspired to have him in the role because its to similar to the role he just played on the greatest tv show of all time. Id like to see what someone else could do with the villainy of that magnetude.

one reason why I dont really want Cranston as lex is Because it'd be too much like walter white versus superman. Its uninspired to have him in the role because its to similar to the role he just played on the greatest tv show of all time. Id like to see what someone else could do with the villainy of that magnetude.
I haven't watched Breaking Bad, so I'm not even familiar with the character. Yet considering all I have heard and all the media around the character this is also how I also feel.

Exactly.

Only reason I don't like Cranston as Luthor is because I don't want that cesspool of a site CBN to be right!

To be fair, Walter White and Lex Luthor are near identical characters: both are megalomaniacal geniuses, and both are characters built around the idea of inferiority (White: inferiority because he feels he failed to live up to the ideal masculinity, and Luthor: inferiority because of Superman's arrival). Their legacies are solidified by the empires they are a part of: LexCorp and White's meth empire.

I am with those that want a more physical Lex, but If Cranston is Cast I'll be doing the happy dance till my body hurts.

I'm willing to overlook his age, and unlike a few members here who seem to have issue with his past playing a similar character, I only see it as an advantage. The man has a tremendous range. His skills as an actor can bring Luthor to live like we've rarely seen before.
I am telling you guys, No One will walk out of that theatre disappointed with Cranston if he's cast.
For those who have not seen Breaking Bad, you are missing out on what may be the best tv-show ever made.

Uggg not the Cranston rumor again. I thought that was buried finally.

:up:

Love Cranston, but I have to agree with this. It would be more interesting to see an actor who hasn't played such a similar role before take on the part of Lex.

My only real issue with Cranston would be his age, but the other thing that would kind of bother me would be the endless "Walter White VS Superman!" thing or jokes... White is looked at as sort of an antihero and cool by many and having him against Superman kind of makes Superman look "less cool" and more like an agent of the establishment, which is what I thought MOS tried to do away with a lot of in the first place.

I'd much rather see Phoenix, who is my first choice, but it just seems unlikely because he is difficult to get and may not be interested. Saddens me.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2...yan-cranston-sets-broadway-opening-date/?_r=0
‘All the Way,’ With Bryan Cranston, Sets Broadway Opening Date
By ALLAN KOZINN

The producers of “All the Way,” Robert Schenkkan’s play about Lyndon B. Johnson’s tumultuous first year as president, are banking on the star power provided by Bryan Cranston in the lead role, announcing a Broadway opening date in a theater usually occupied by big-budget musicals.

“All the Way” will begin previews Feb. 10 for a March 6 opening at the 1,400-seat Neil Simon Theater.

Isn't this around the same time as filming starts?

Probably, but i doubt they'll need Lex right away.

yeah, his parts won't need to be shot till later on.

Thats exactly it.
It would be Heisenberg, not Lex.
And seeing as how Heisenberg was pretty much Lex Luthor in almost every way, I don't see how that's a problem.
I guess being a huge fan of the show just makes it more appealing for me to see Heisenberg go up against Superman.

Didn't' Cranston himself say not too long ago that he's not going for the role? He could've been lying but still, why flat out deny it?

Totally agree. It's just lazy in some ways. Cranston is too good, he should alianate himself from that persona. I want him to do something else rather than be hollywoods angry bald man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"