BvS Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... I always thought Joaquin Phoenix would be more suited for Two-Face or Black Mask.
Black Mask! Hell to the yes!
Gosling or Damon for Lex. Assuming Gosling isn't Aquaman :)
tumblr_mbf495Qd2d1rfduvxo1_500.gif

Finger+wag.gif

Well, if that one report is true, Gosling doesn't do sequels so he won't be Lex. But someone like DiCaprio might be a possibility.

Leo doesn't really do franchise type films. I don't think he has much of an interest in them. It could take a BIG time director to get him onboard. So unless Martin Scorsese attaches himself to a Batman movie, I don't see it happening...

I'm just curious to whether or not El IS actually right.

And that Cranston is playing Gordon and Strong is playing Lex. They've both hinted involvement.

I would be more than ok with both of these choices. I really loved Mark Strong's commanding work in Zero Dark Thirty, and he's the latest (in a VERY long line) of British actors to take on every villainous role they can gobble up in American films. Plus, he's just a really solid actor.

I did, on paper since I never bothered to watch the film, love him as Sinestro though.

OH, and Cranston is perfect as Gordon. Unless something happens, I'd vote for Dennis Quaid as a possible second choice replacement.

With Strong seen as a viable option, why not Vosloo? He's only a year older than him. Decent actor with a good voice, and can play a villain role well. Oh and he passes the bald test that everyone does lol.

130423-Arnold-Vosloo1_210x305.jpg

Matthew McConaughey
Oscar Isaac
Damian Lewis

A bunch of outlets are flat out confirming that Cranston has been cast as Lex but I haven't seen any credible place (THR, Variety) give some actual confirmation. Not sure why some of these places are even running with it...

Not that I'd mind if Cranston did get the role or anything.

They don't care or look at fanboys casting. These movies are for the general audience first and foremost not the fans. Otherwise Affleck wouldn't even be considered in the first place.
I know, I just get scared sometimes.

Id love Cranston as Luthor, but im getting so sick of hearing of this false rumor to the point where id be happier if he's Gordon.
It's been debunked anyways, so it's all good. hopefully it won't resurface or come true. And, friendly advice, never get sick of an artist because of his/her fans and their insistence on something regarding him/her.

Man, I can't recall this much MM love since Nolan handpicked him.

That's not necessarily true. Ever since Killer Joe, Mud and Lincoln Lawyer came out (not in that order, obviously), people have been fairly optimistic and excited about him and his career. Interstellar just sweetened the deal.

I'd prefer someone with not too much baggage here. Which kinda worries me with Snyder's Costner/Crowe comment. With a part this big, Id hate too see someone like Brad Pitt playing Brad Pitt playing Luthor, if you know what I mean.

I'd prefer original Michael Shannon-like casting here. Anything but a superstar.

Hence Oscar Isaac. He's at almost the same place shannon was when he was cast.

The annoying thing with the Cranston theory being treated as fact is now everyone is pretty much expecting him as Lex, are going to be seriously disappointed now if anyone else is cast. I wouldnt be surprised if WB feel like they sort of have to cast him now.

Why on earth should WB be influenced by people being morons? They will stick to whatever plan they have.

Oh yeah absolutely, I hope they do. Its just weird that this casting rumour has gotten so huge and people seem to love the casting (seriously Ive seen so many 'Affleck as Batman had me worried but with cranston I'm looking forward to this film again') that if WB didnt already have their Lex, they'll be paying close attention to how this fake casting news is being received.

I still hope its false and it shows there's consequences to making up stories, even on the internet.

I'm not sure they listen to fans in that matter. Dont know if Bale as Batman was because of the fans.

And I'm not so sure the support for Cranston is as big as with Bale. I'm not behind it myself.

Pretty sure this is just the internet doing its worst and that Cranston will not be in World's Finest. At least not as Lex.

With Strong seen as a viable option, why not Vosloo? He's only a year older than him. Decent actor with a good voice, and can play a villain role well. Oh and he passes the bald test that everyone does lol.

130423-Arnold-Vosloo1_210x305.jpg
Be honest, that was the only reason for suggesting him, wasn't it? :cmad:

Vosloo is kind of likeable as a henchmen, but I don't think anyone would say he is a heavyweight actor. I remember thinking he would make an awesome Bane, based on his role in abysmal JCVD vehicle Hard Target.

I wanted to like Vosloo in Darkman 2 and 3, but he's just not that good.

Matt Damon as Aquaman OR Martain Manhunter?

The only thing that hurt Mark Strong's chances at being Lex was because he played Sinestro and could play him again?

And Tyler Hoechlin was then all of a sudden considered too young to be Batman?

WB look at these people long and hard then suddenly do a 180 spin on all of it? All according to CBN?

My God...

I say they should just recast Sinestro with Jason Isaacs or Hugo Weaving and have Mark Strong as Lex. I'd rather WB just redo "Green Lantern" 5 years down the road. With Superman and now new Batman movies, we won't be seeing the "Justice League" until 2017 if not later. So, if they were smart like Marvel, they could squeeze in "Wonder Woman", "The Flash", and a new "GL" film to get the lineup built up for the big event.

As obvious as Mark Strong is, I'd be very happy if he was cast as Lex. Because I'm confident he could be the absolute definitive take we've all wanted. Could say the same for any appropriate actor really, but I can't think of anyone better than Strong when I imagine Lex in my head.

i dont like how people hold it against him because he has a bald head lol and his villains are not all the same like people here assume

just compare his performance in Syrianna
mark-strong-syriana.jpg

to his role in kick ass
kick-ass_111.jpg

He has different layers.

And hopefully Lex is portrayed as a man who believes he can be a better hero than Superman, but is nothing more than a ruthless businessman and a psychopathic scientist/inventor.

I'd like to see Strong play something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"