Live-Action The Little Mermaid

Disney's Live-Action Remake Of THE LITTLE MERMAID To Feature New Songs For Ariel, Scuttle & Prince Eric

In a recent interview with Broadway.com, Menken revealed that he and Miranda are currently writing new songs for the live-action remake. Specifically, the new songs that they're writing will be performed by the characters of Ariel, Scuttle, and Prince Eric — that is to say Halle Bailey, Awkwafina, and whoever ends up in the latter role respectively.

"We’re like four or five new songs in. We’re really having a good time writing it together. We’re writing a new song for Eric. We’re writing a new song for Ariel. We’re writing a new song for Scuttle," Menken revealed.

my prediction is they’ll want to give Scuttle a zany be my guest type song. I don’t know if Cuffe can sing but it’ll be interesting to find out

Auli'i Cravalho as Ariel in the live event :hrt:

The%252520Little%252520Mermaid.jpg

You're a few days late but the live action version got mauled by people on twitter

The flounder puppet get's roasted

'The Little Mermaid Live': Puppet Flounder's Blank Stare Gets Roasted on Twitter

EIp6RBeXYAAHVF2.jpg

Despite the mixed to very negative reception, the special did well according to its initial ratings. It achieved a 2.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and was seen by almost 9 million viewers. This made it the best live musical event since 2016’s Grease Live!

‘The Little Mermaid Live!’ Ratings Swim To The Top Tuesday – Deadline

I’m still dying to see it. I saw the Disney+ account on twitter tweeted it so I hope that means it’ll be on there at launch. The stupid country I’m in would rather have a million bachelor imports than showing something cool like that haha

The one thing that everyone seemed to agree upon about the live action version was that Queen Latifah's Ursula made the whole thing watchable. I doubt McCarthy can do better.

Not sure why they didn't simply perform the stage musical version live. I thought the blend of the cartoon and live action didn't work well at all.

Yeah. It was pretty mediocre.

McCarthy can't sing like that, but she can probably act circles around what Queen Latifa was doing.

McCarthy isn’t locked in yet so who knows if someone else will get the role.

it could still be ginger minj for all we know

I like him a lot more than Styles.

interesting name for a movie like this. “Jonah”.

Disney's Live-Action Remake Of THE LITTLE MERMAID To Feature New Songs For Ariel, Scuttle & Prince Eric

my prediction is they’ll want to give Scuttle a zany be my guest type song. I don’t know if Cuffe can sing but it’ll be interesting to find out

Good, I believe Ariel only had one song and it seems King Triton may get a song too if Lin-Manuel's tweet were anything to go by.

The Hollywood Reporter named everyone we've heard as being cast so I guess they're locked in now, and the main players have been cast.

We're just looking for someone to voice flotsam and jetsam, an actor for grimsby, and actress for Carlotta, and maybe if they care that much, an actor for the chef; I've also heard they're looking for an actress to play Ariel's mother.

I would say there's a 50% chance Grimsby could be played by Lin-Manuel since it's a small part. I would like to see the role of Carlotta given to Jodi Benson as a nice wink.

And I'm just very curious how they're gonna pull off a live-action Sebastian.

Grimsby I could see Hugh Laurie as. Maybe a person of colour manservant to a white man is not a great idea? Carlotta, imagine if they could get Adele?

A Jodi benson cameo would be cute though. She should at least be a mermaid, maybe Ariel’s mum or just someone in atlantica

Little mermaid Live’s soundtrack is on Spotify now if you’re interested

Grimsby I could see Hugh Laurie as. Maybe a person of colour manservant to a white man is not a great idea? Carlotta, imagine if they could get Adele?

A Jodi benson cameo would be cute though. She should at least be a mermaid, maybe Ariel’s mum or just someone in atlantica

They're looking at black actresses to play Ariel's mom from what the rumors are saying, so this is not gonna be like Brandi's Cinderella where it takes on a play format and all actors can be any race, they're legitmitely going for it even if they have a Spaniard as this Ariel's dad; so I don't see Jodi Benson in the mom role.

Adele in a bit part and she has no acting experience and is not even looking to get into acting, it'd be something tho just to see her, although I tend to only look at options that are a bit realistic.

I didn't even register the optics of a poc as a manservant to a white dude considering if Lin-Manuel was in this movie it just screams cameo or what the role is, that and this is gonna take place in an undefined past or probably around the time the Dutch colonized the Caribbean so they might as well go for it since they'll most likely ignore ire the details even if the setting represents that.

Haha yeah I think reworking Sebastian to make him “cute” is going to be one of the films biggest challenges.

is there like, a beloved character actor who could play the French chef? Wouldn’t surprise me if they gender swapped him. Dawn French maybe? Don’t know.

also is anyone else watching the little mermaid series on Disney+ because I’m kind of obsessed

I watched the little mermaid live by the way. Pretty fun, it was a cool trick to merge it with the original animation but I would have loved to see that cast tackle the whole thing. Queen Latifah is going to be hard to beat as Ursula.

speaking of Ursula I still reckon they should get Bette Midler or maybe even Keala Settle

is there like, a beloved character actor who could play the French chef? Wouldn’t surprise me if they gender swapped him. Dawn French maybe? Don’t know.

Dollars to donuts it'll be Sacha Baron Cohen.

I watched the little mermaid live by the way. Pretty fun, it was a cool trick to merge it with the original animation but I would have loved to see that cast tackle the whole thing. Queen Latifah is going to be hard to beat as Ursula.

speaking of Ursula I still reckon they should get Bette Midler or maybe even Keala Settle

Pretty sure Melissa McCarthy is playing Ursula

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"