Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, who are you referring to?
Thomas Beaudoin:

tbthomas-beaudoin-117597l.jpgtb2sT0To1qcpyafo1_500.jpg
tbN2Y8659-26-566x850.jpg tb0a3iTHt91uwins2o1_6401.jpg

Canadian actor who seems to mostly do French language stuff, and the only American things he's been in have pretty much been Hallmark movies, lol. I saw him when my stepmom had one of those on one time and literally did a double take.

For the record, I wasn't actually suggesting him, lol. 'Twas a joke as he's basically a Cavill clone. I must admit he can do a mean Clark Kent look, though!

tbthomasbeaudoin231.jpg

Cavill is the perfect case of exemplary casting which sadly hasn’t had the chance to shine truly. I hope WB gives him another chance. I still think there is so much potential with this superman. With fresh marketing, a brighter palette, totally different crew and a respect for the character this cast could be awesome and Cavill would rock. Why not just give a chance to Matthew Vaughan? He would be superb

Cavill is the perfect case of exemplary casting which sadly hasn’t had the chance to shine truly. I hope WB gives him another chance. I still think there is so much potential with this superman. With fresh marketing, a brighter palette, totally different crew and a respect for the character this cast could be awesome and Cavill would rock. Why not just give a chance to Matthew Vaughan? He would be superb
Agree with every word. I like MoS and BvS. I was fine with the darker beginnings to Supermans' journey, but Cavill never got the chance to complete that journey and finally emerge as the Supes we know. I know that JL made a stab at it but that movie ended up such a dumpster fire :(

Thomas Beaudoin:

View attachment 9945View attachment 9947
View attachment 9949 View attachment 9951

Canadian actor who seems to mostly do French language stuff, and the only American things he's been in have pretty much been Hallmark movies, lol. I saw him when my stepmom had one of those on one time and literally did a double take.

He does look very much like Henry. Maybe too much! So much so that if he were considered for the Superman role it might scream "Obvious Replacement." :funny:

Last edited:
I think it's best they forget superman of the DCEU, i really do (and i liked MOS and love Cavill, the suit the cast etc) It's just been too long in the tooth and if die hard fans like myself are ready for a reboot, or at least bored of this one, then the GA are not going to care as much.

A movie needs to start filming ASAP to stay relevant. Otherwise..

WW1984, if good will get a sequel and that can be another period piece so maybe the 90's or early 00's where she basically works alone. That's then a WW trilogy with BvS and JL to her credit.

AM, if good, may get another sequel - again, that can be self contained, under the sea.

Shazam, the sequel will involve the Rock - have fun with that and will be self contained. Nothing needs to interfere or take it away from their universe - the justice league are all out there, it's just not focused on - it's a shame, but the movies will stand on their own merit.

However, i have said this before and will undoubtedly say it again - from MOS to BVS we had what 2 years? There are two movie worthy stories in there.

Get Cavill back in the MOS suit, get him back to that hopeful tone at the end of MOS and push forward with how that Superman is seen.

My idea - years before Superman was revealed, an alien life form was captured on earth and like Kal El, was seized and interrogated - unfortunately this one was badly damaged so was hooked up to all types of monitors for tests - coma induced, picture a big water filled tube, creature in stasis etc. From this creature and craft a lot was refer engineered and a lot of todays tech came from it, as well as AI.

This creature was literally being harvested and used as AI for governments, algorithms etc and like skynet, it will turn bad.

We see Clark adapting to life post superman reveal, the world loves him, some ofcourse don't - we see one public figure condem him.

Lois and clark, upon their own research of meta humans, plus whistle blowers coming forward, linking superman to this other creature, find the location of the facility - once there, superman explores to learn more and demand it be shut down, to free the creature - the AI doesn't allow it, it's almost as if the creature is where it wants to be. The creatures eyes open and communicates for the first time, via AI that he is brainac and his mission on earth is nearly complete - to show his power, half the eastern seaboard shuts down - no power at all, it's disaster, like the purge almost, power stations on red alert etc
Superman has to go off, help the military calm the cities, stop the riots etc. Some cool montages of fires put out, mobs calmed down etc. Enemy nations look to attack u.s soil in its weakened state, it's tense.
Superman returns but the facility has been demolished - the creature gone. In liaison with lois, norad and the army, general sam lane, they track an orbiting satellite - superman flies there - a massive skull ship, behind the moon, mile high pods are hidden, all linked to the skull skip - creatures are in these crude pods.

superman negotiates - the AI 'leaves' earth, everything back to normal, yet no one knew why, what or how.. society is none the wiser and just look at it as a freak incident.

Up on the skull ship, Superman is the bargaining chip - he has to stay, as Brainiacs specimen of the last son of krypton - he is lead to a large, glass domed pod and is led there on the ground, of what looks a kryptonian, female.

The sequel, MOS3 is then the escape, reveal of Supergirl and the reveal of the multiverse.

He does look very much like Henry. Maybe too much! So much so that if he were considered for the Superman role it might scream "Obvious Replacement." :funny:
:funny: Pretty much.

@Vaibow I like your story idea, but I also feel like the time for coming up with a sequel to fit in between MoS and the other DCEU films has passed. Whatever the next film is, whether it's an MoS sequel or not, needs to feel like it's a fresh start. Any allusion to the idea that whatever happens in this film will eventually lead to BvS will just put a damper on things, imo.

Last edited:
I'm in the camp that wants no direct contradictions to what's been so far but no direct ties/references either. Just use where we are now as the new starting line.

I totally appreciate what you both are saying and i agree to an extent - but i really feel BvS and then JL painted Superman and others into a corner which i kinda don't want to see anymore - any tonal changes would be too much of a departure and it will feel like a retcon/reboot anyways, so just like WW has decades to pull from (even though it was said she hid from man) i feel those two years, you can easily have two movies where one is local/discreet and not a nationwide event such as an invasion or city centre super fight and the other off world which fit in nicely with Superman leading up to the point of BvS still begin divisive - can even have the final movie show an event/set up which can turn some people.. anyways i just want the two sequels we should got, not what we got.

Or just something simple like....

all-star-superman-1.jpg

all-star-superman-1-1.jpg

I don't post on here very often but was thinking 'what next for Superman?' last night. I agree we don't need another (expensively made) origin story. This is one movie you could wrap up in two hours (happy now WB?) with a smaller budget than previous films. Make a Comic Book scene (like Donner's classic opening) explaining Superman's origin story...in the same style. Cue classic Williams Superman theme (which would only be played again at the end once 'Big Blue' has won, essentially becoming a 'Victory' theme). Throw a few Williams/Zimmer (even Ottman) notes in through the film and make the rest of the OST brand new.

You've got to have a totally new cast, no point in setting up the film to fail (as much as I don't feel it was the cast's fault). Set the movie BEFORE Zod invades (leave that to another potential future Movie). Don't show Lex either though like 'Man Of Steel' make his presence felt via Luthor Corp Billboards/Vehicles etc. You could probably just mention Jonathan Kent's death with a throwaway line fairly early in the film, something like Martha saying to Clark 'I wish your Dad was here to see this'. Then you have the potential to at least half please both Donner and Synder fans with something that fuses the two (for example as much as I loved MOS's Krypton technology, I missed the old crystals from Donner's version). Not sure who I'd have as the enemy though...

Oh and make this in a few years, let's get Aquaman, WW84 and Shazam (at least) out of the way first...Project 2024?

Last edited:
Folks have a weird hang-up over letting the next movie just be the next chapter.
Zod is dead, twice over. Superman has been born and reborn. Lex is doing his thing.
Everyone's back to a state of normalcy. So, now just continue to do more Superman stories.

Folks have a weird hang-up over letting the next movie just be the next chapter.
Zod is dead, twice over. Superman has been born and reborn. Lex is doing his thing.
Everyone's back to a state of normalcy. So, now just continue to do more Superman stories.

The previous stories in the DCEU simply weren't strong or popular enough. Bad foundations mean your House is likely to fall...I think Cavill was an awesome Superman (the best maybe) but his Clark Kent was too similar.

The previous stories in the DCEU simply weren't strong or popular enough. Bad foundations mean your House is likely to fall...I think Cavill was an awesome Superman (the best maybe) but his Clark Kent was too similar.
Then you make the next one strong or popular enough.
They're more than willing to embrace novelty as long as the stories are straightforward.

At the start, i got a good superman vibe - remember superman is an act, he's putting on the best possible version of himself, it will always appear, controlled, likewise Clark at the planet, he is an act, but acting low key, often purposely not knowing stuff of pop culture or 'masculine' stuff, to detract and a good director can utilize that.

To be fair. I thought the same...would be cheaper than Cavill...

Whether he would do well as Superman or not, I just see a set up for all critics to use the term "Discount Henry Cavill"! :grin:

Whether he would do well as Superman or not, I just see a set up for all critics to use the term "Discount Henry Cavill"! :grin:
Yeah, his front teeth are only thing that need to be fixed. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back