Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd share this infographic... Do you think the Superman franchise can be in the top 10 (or 9 here) of the highest grossing franchises? I hope it will... probably after we get the MOS trilogy to conclude..

Highest Grossing Franchises

tumblr_mpbbfxQVyW1qa0uujo1_1280.png

Just thought I'd share this infographic... Do you think the Superman franchise can be in the top 10 (or 9 here) of the highest grossing franchises? I hope it will... probably after we get the MOS trilogy to conclude..

Possibly yes. Barley though.
How much did Sup1-4 and Returns make adjusted for inflation ?

I know domestically S:TM makes about $440+ million in 2013 dollars.

Well S:TM made 300 mill worldwide back in 78 so anyone know what that would be now?

As far as CBM, Spider-Man has made the most in the 21st century. The Marvel cinematic universe is skewed, it's a combination of more than one character.

It gets put on a pedestal because of the average. Beings was great, TDK was phenomenal and Rises was okay. Usually, in a CBM trilogy, there's always a very weak link. SM3, IM2 etc.

It is not a fact that Begins is liked more than Rises.

There's a lot more criticism for TDKR than BB.

That doesn't mean it is less liked. I have not found any statistical evidence to suggest it is less liked. I think the hate for Rises comes from a loud minority.

Yes, i believe it can once it has it's trilogy going...

Mysteryman said:
If Superman is always going to make money, we wold be awaiting our second SR sequel by now .
We are talking about WB here.

SR did make money. It grossed 200 million in 2006. That's about what Batman Begins made....and BB was considered far better. It's also way more than Capt America, Thor, Xmen FC, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Green Lantern, etc made....and some of those were considered better movies too.

That's the power of Superman.

Before someone brings up "profit"...I realize WB spent way too much on SR....any normal budget and it's a very profitable movie. 200 million is the absolute floor for Superman...that's more than most characters.

We are talking about WB here.

SR did make money. It grossed 200 million in 2006. That's about what Batman Begins made....and BB was considered far better. It's also way more than Capt America, Thor, Xmen FC, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Green Lantern, etc made....and some of those were considered better movies too.

That's the power of Superman.

Before someone brings up "profit"...I realize WB spent way too much on SR....any normal budget and it's a very profitable movie. 200 million is the absolute floor for Superman...that's more than most characters.

Exactly.

Like I predicted. About $5 million Monday/Tuesday. :) WW total $525 million.

Mon-Wednesday looks to be about $8 million so that puts MOS at about $256 million Dom. If it doesn't make 15-18 million Thursday-Sunday It would be surprising IMO. So $271-274million by Monday. NICE!

You can't really clump the MCU into one franchise. That really inflates it. I think you have to look at each character individually.

And also MOS will be aiming at 700mil 30 days into release that's music to my ears

You can't really clump the MCU into one franchise. That really inflates it. I think you have to look at each character individually.
Except that Marvel is not doing that. They put them all in one universe on purpose....which is different than what was done with other characters. Marvel is unique in that.

Begins had a lot more teaching scenes, from Ra's to Falcone to Alfred. You truly get the sense of what shaped Bruce to become Batman. MOS has more experiential moments where Clark is saving people because he can do these amazing things, and sort of learning his own persona there. But that's where I feel the film needed better writing, because it was a fine idea, but the writing and directing didn't pull it off as well as it could have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"