Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as CBM, Spider-Man has made the most in the 21st century. The Marvel cinematic universe is skewed, it's a combination of more than one character.

Because it was fresh and essentially the first out of the blocks utilising current cgi technology. I hope his spider sense is tingling...the rest are catching up rapidly.

Keep going, friends. Put your multiple MOS-viewings pedal to the metal!

Just thought I'd share this infographic... Do you think the Superman franchise can be in the top 10 (or 9 here) of the highest grossing franchises? I hope it will... probably after we get the MOS trilogy to conclude..

Highest Grossing Franchises

tumblr_mpbbfxQVyW1qa0uujo1_1280.png

Avatar by itself would already be in the top 10. Imagine where it will be when the trilogy is complete.

And yes. Mos will definitely be in the top 10.

Except that Marvel is not doing that. They put them all in one universe on purpose....which is different than what was done with other characters. Marvel is unique in that.

Precisely. Its one big happy, money making franchise. It was pulled off nicely. I wonder if they'd ever consider doing Secret Wars. Eh, side note.

DCCU would be considered the same way if they ever got it off the ground.

Keep going, friends. Put your multiple MOS-viewings pedal to the metal!

I'll probably be seeing it two more times with my girlfriend this week. That'll make 8 viewings. :woot:

What did you guys think of Snyder's use of fading in and out, over used?

You can't really clump the MCU into one franchise. That really inflates it. I think you have to look at each character individually.

No because there are too many crossovers. That is like saying the James Bond movies are not one franchise because the actors change. They are in the same Universe, just like the MCU. You can't look at the characters in MCU individually because they refer to each other, make cameos and a lot of them appeared in The Avengers. To me it is one franchise.

Last edited:
When did Zack Snyder fade in and out in Man of Steel?

That doesn't mean it is less liked. I have not found any statistical evidence to suggest it is less liked. I think the hate for Rises comes from a loud minority.
Rises is my favorite out of the trilogy, but I gave it the lowest score out of the whole trilogy. Mostly because the second Batman vs Bane fight was horrible.
Nolan should of shot that fight scene in are conditioned studio set, where he had more time to film and more comfort for his actors.

Rises is my favorite out of the trilogy, but I gave it the lowest score out of the whole trilogy. Mostly because the second Batman vs Bane fight was horrible.
Nolan should of shot that fight scene in are conditioned studio set, where he had more time to film and more comfort for his actors.

For me it's

1.TDK 9/10
2.BB 8/10
3.TDKR 7.5/10

If everyone was like TheNextNolan22 this movie would have made 6 billion.

My bad...zoom in and out I meant to say. It was at the beginning on Krypton.

Oh, the constant documentary-style crash-zooms that were used during many VFX shots? And that wasn't just used at the beginning on Krypton. I was really surprised by Snyder's directing on this one (I'm not a huge fan of his previous works), but that's one aspect which I didn't like as much, and hope he'll limit in the sequel.

Holy smokes... I'll prob end up with 4 times... half of yours... :csad:

I don't think anyone is beating TheNextNolan's view-count. Although there is someone on SHH I think who posted they saw it 10 times. So other than those two I don't think anyone will come close.

I've seen it 5 times and I plan on seeing it twice more. But I've spent A LOT of money on it already (4 out of the 5 times I saw it in IMAX 3D) so I just don't have the funds to keep this up much longer. I think two more times in-theaters will give me my fill until the Blu-Ray comes out in December. Plus, lucky #7 :woot:

And no one can tell us we didn't do our part o support his movie we claim to love. All of us who have seen it multiple times are not just claiming to love it, we're putting our money where our mouth is and proving it. I haven't seen a movie multiple times in theaters since TDK, and that I only saw twice in theaters.

I propose one thing to help the Box Office...make it a competition, highest number of views wins!

:funny:

I think the twist ending with Talia being the brains behind it all totally snuffed out all of Bane's awesome villainy and made him appear to be nothing more than a hired stooge.

Then Catwoman rolls in and shoots him dead with a Batpod gun. Game over. Kinda weak.

Oh, the constant documentary-style crash-zooms that were used during many VFX shots? And that wasn't just used at the beginning on Krypton. I was really surprised by Snyder's directing on this one (I'm not a huge fan of his previous works), but that's one aspect which I didn't like as much, and hope he'll limit in the sequel.

Exactly, that's the only criticism I have. I liked his visual take in 300.

An IMAX 3D screening is roughly $15. (Depending on which night you're going)
Spending $120 and almost 20 hours in a theatre... Can't justify that, not for MOS.
Props though for the dedication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"