Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Anybody who saw the Wal mart 7 PM showings would have been there on opening day.

Walmart thing is being exaggerated. Even without Wal Mart, MOS would have done at least 15 million if not 17 to 18 million in midnights, which is a very large number for this film.

Does the wal mart screening money not count to some of you? I myself saw both.
I also saw some other folks that went to the walmart screenings and the midnite showing.
fwiw, my midnite showing was even more packed than the walmart one.

Apples and oranges. I think a reasonable amount of people who went to the Walmart screenings would have gone to the midnight showings in the first place. So of course this is hypothetical but my guess is that MOS would have had US$ 16-17 million had there NOT been Walmart showings.

If people had not gone to see it for the Wal Mart showing it would have made more or possibly less than it did. 21 million is damn good if you ask me. I think alot of people like the earlier showings opening night because of what happened in Colorado. I am not sure the 9m from midnight included IMAX. Once again MoS opens to 21m from early and midnight showings---pretty damn impressive

Good Points...

I think Wal-Mart probably helped by a few million overall... prob lots of people went to watch it twice on the same day....

Also, it's also reasonable to assume that lots of those Wal-Mart audiences would not be watching on Friday, so, the actual number may be mis-leading...

Ok nice start. Look forward to the Friday figure and some more solid updated opening weekend expectations.

TDKR making 30m was understanding because it was a finale. MOS making 21m and not even sure that counts IMAX showings is huge. This advanced screening thing could have been bigger had Wal Mart marketed it better but still combined its a great start.

This movie should make great money this weekend it packs a wallop and is full of action.

I will be happy with anything over 90mil opening weekend. I'm hoping for a 150mil opening personally because that kinda number makes a sequel a 100% guaranteed. It could fall 60% next weekend (like Hunger Games) and a sequel would still happen because that's just frontloading and competition.

TDKR making 30m was understanding because it was a finale. MOS making 21m and not even sure that counts IMAX showings is huge. This advanced screening thing could have been bigger had Wal Mart marketed it better but still combined its a great start.

Don't forget that the total number of people who are going to see this movie is already more or less set in stone, so, if lots of those people went to the advanced wal-mart screening, those same ppl may not go again on friday... just a matter of spreading the money over 4 days instead of 3...

The 21 mill # is ALOT more than I thought it'd be. I figured it would something more like 10/12 mill.

I will be happy with anything over 90mil opening weekend. I'm hoping for a 150mil opening personally because that kinda number makes a sequel a 100% guaranteed. It could fall 60% next weekend (like Hunger Games) and a sequel would still happen because that's just frontloading and competition.
With 21mil from last night showings, you'd hope and think it could get over 100mil rather easily at this point, but I won't count my chickens before they hatch.

i'm not going to either, but if this thing does 40/50 mill tonite, its game on.

Don't forget that the total number of people who are going to see this movie is already more or less set in stone, so, if lots of those people went to the advanced wal-mart screening, those same ppl may not go again on friday... just a matter of spreading the money over 4 days instead of 3...

WOM is too big for this movie. Even people on here complaining about it said they saw it twice or will be seeing it again. Its going to have repeat customers for sure.

WOM is too big for this movie. Even people on here complaining about it said they saw it twice or will be seeing it again. Its going to have repeat customers for sure.
Lol true. I have read where people said that.

All the studios are doing it so expect the Wal-Mart grosses to be counted towards the friday numbers. I do believe that I went to an 10pm Iron Man screening. It's not cheating if every studio is doing it.

Right... I am sure the earlier opening slot will help a bit...

On the other hand, if Wal-Mart had done their marketing bit, then perhaps it would have helped a lot more... The idea of such partnership is solid... next time, the studio can choose a more active partner, like McD for instance.. not only will it sell out the advanced tickets, it'll bring more audiences into the movie overall... the way i hear it, only the fans went and seek out the wal-mart tickets, so it doesn't seem like wal-mart added sales at all.. or much that is...

Whatever the weekend total is you now have to add the 12 million Thursday box office to show the true number.

Whatever the weekend total is you now have to add the 12 million Thursday box office to show the true number.
They will. Every studio is doing that now. There are no such thing as solely midnight screenings anymore after some evil A-hole murdered a bunch of innocent people trying to watch a freakin movie.

You can include me in the box office totals for this weekend. I might be the one that puts it over the top.

Along with all that money they got from advertising/merchandise, has this already cleared $200m...?

Along with all that money they got from advertising/merchandise, has this already cleared $200m...?

Profitability is a foregone conclusion.. I think just from Toy sales alone and some of the tie ins and royalties coming in for the next year or so, they would have made profits... this franchise is going to be very profitable for WB....

Profitability is a foregone conclusion.. I think just from Toy sales alone and some of the tie ins and royalties coming in for the next year or so, they would have made profits... this franchise is going to be very profitable for WB....

I know that, but I was asking if it had cleared $200m yet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"