Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it sucked? Its at 75% on rt.

Rotten Tomatoes' ratings doesn't mean anything.

Superman Returns
is at 76% and yet many say it sucked. Ditto The Amazing Spider-Man (73%), Iron Man 2 (75%) and so on. bad place Avatar is at 83%.

Rotten Tomatoes' ratings doesn't mean anything.

Superman Returns
is at 76% and yet many say it sucked. Ditto The Amazing Spider-Man (73%), Iron Man 2 (75%) and so on. bad place Avatar is at 83%.

RT scores dont determine whether i see a movie or not, considering i saw GL. But usually it is pretty much on par with how good i think a movie is.

Superman returns was a solid movie, nothing special and certainly not the superman movie many of us wanted. All of those movies IMO were good, not great. I guess you basically confirmed to me that the Hobbit is in fact pretty good. Thanks.

I guess you basically confirmed to me that the Hobbit is in fact pretty good. Thanks.

From those I've talked to who have seen it (and not giving Peter Jackson a free pass or blinded by Tolkien fanboyism), the opposite. A bad movie. Then again... all signs point to it.

From those I've talked to who have seen it (and not giving Peter Jackson a free pass or blinded by Tolkien fanboyism), the opposite. A bad movie. Then again... all signs point to it.

Using other people's opinion is no different than a RT score. Thought u actually saw the film, which was why i was asking. Never read the book so i guess i'll find out this weekend if its a bad movie or not.

Hoping it does extremely well around 600-700 mill worldwide

It's too early to predict, I atleast want to wait until the Hobbit audience gets to see it.

i am no BO expert but in my life i saw bad movies making money and good movies losing money. i also saw good movies making money and bad movies losing money. bla bla bla.

what is important is what the general public wants and the realese date. when is MOS realesed? ohhh in the middle of june. bravo WB bravo. november/december 2012 would be bad?

They could've done November but then you had competing audiences with Twilight and Skyfall. Certainly not December with The Hobbit.

Dream : $800,000
Reality : Around $350,000

They could've done November but then you had competing audiences with Twilight and Skyfall. Certainly not December with The Hobbit.
when dark_b says december he means that Hobbit should been thrown to 2013. the movie cost an insane amount of money to finish the effects at 48fps in november 2012. MOS on the other side could be finished in october without a problem.

the complexity of the Hobbit effects are like 6-8 bigger compared to MOS.

You mean donestic right?

No, someone was asking about the budget.

But since you're asking, yeah I have no doubt. This is going to do $300M domestic. You can sense it's going to go over very well.

Last edited:
I think 700 WW is a very realistic and not an all unachievable high end number. PROVIDING of course, that movie is good enough to spawn good WOM and that the marketing campaign does it's job properly. The trailer was a very good first step, the reaction is good both in numbers and positivity.

Anything over 700 is going into unrealistic fan-wish territory but im not saying it's totally impossible, stranger things have happened, but regardless, its highly unlikely.

No, someone was asking about the budget.

But since you're asking, yeah I have no doubt. This is going to do $300M domestic. You can sense it's going to go over very well.

Oh sorry :oldrazz:

Anything over 700 is going into unrealistic fan-wish territory but im not saying it's totally impossible, stranger things have happened, but regardless, its highly unlikely.

$700M is already in that territory with all due respect.

Let's be realistic about the worldwide gross and keep it around $500M. $100M up from Superman Returns with the average price of tickets gone up plus 3D/IMAX bumps. That I could see. Superman is still viewed as an American superhero, hiring a British actor will make no difference.

The Man of Steel still has a lot of prove to people. But the domestic front will be easier to win over than overseas. Look at Star Trek for example.

Last edited:
$700M is already in that territory with all due respect.

That's OK, we all have our opinions. I just think if a mediocre and not that well marketed film with no good WOM like TASM (and yes, I know Spidey is more popular than Supes, but the point still stands) can make 750, opening two weeks before TDKR, MOS can approach that as well, especially with Nolan's name attached, 3D and if they market the huge action in the final trailer. However, if I had to bet on it right now, I'd say $550-600.

But It could very well be a big surprise at the BO...both positively or negatively. :oldrazz:

That's OK, we all have our opinions. I just think if a mediocre and not that well marketed film with no good WOM like TASM (and yes, I know Spidey is more popular than Supes, but the point still stands) can make 750, opening two weeks before TDKR, MOS can approach that as well, especially with Nolan's name attached, 3D and if they market the huge action in the final trailer. However, if I had to bet on it right now, I'd say $550-600.

That was off the brand-name though. It was established. Different circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"