The Amazing Spider-Man Marc Webb to return? - Part 1

X-Men:FC is a reboot, and yet, another one that I liked. And wouldn't have gotten rid of ASM's origin story even if it was in my power.

webb got to make decision soon dont he? they studio will need time to find a replacement to make that may 2014 date. i would think they would be shooting jan 2013

©KAW;24247809 said:
X-Men:FC is a reboot, and yet, another one that I liked. And wouldn't have gotten rid of ASM's origin story even if it was in my power.

You're happy with Spider-Man being received as mediocre compared to Batman and Avengers?

You're happy with Spider-Man being received as mediocre compared to Batman and Avengers?
lol now ur just looking to argue. Whats ur proof it was mediocre? Oh because it went against established franchises that were going to make bank because of their prior films and didnt receive the profit that tdkr and avengers made? Dude please. Like donald thomas said, spidey rules the reboots. From the beginning ASM had so much backlash because it was a reboot and still became a hit, with a sequel on the way. Youre comment about it being mediocre is merely opinion and not even close to being fact.

Last edited:

it wasn´t mediocre
Avengers: THE END OF THE FIRST MCU phase! and the first modern hero team up!
TDKR:The conclusion of the highly acclaimed Nolan´s Batman films

TASM: a reboot of a very fresh franchise , which was competend for a reboot
and wasn´t recieved as mediocre for many

lol now ur just looking to argue. Whats ur proof it was mediocre? Oh because it went against established franchises that were going to make bank because of their prior films and didnt receive the profit that tdkr and avengers made? Dude please. Like donald thomas said, spidey rules the reboots. From the beginning ASM had so much backlash because it was a reboot and still became a hit, with a sequel on the way. Youre comment about it being mediocre is merely opinion and not even close to being fact.
:up:^100000000000000000000

The Avengers is the movie that's all action and crap worthy acting throughout the film, that's the mediocre movie out of the three. I'm not fooled by the big box office numbers, no more than I am with a Michael Bay film. When you have an action scene running 45-50 minutes non-stop to avoid enduring the actors hokey performance, something is wrong. When Michael Bay does it, we bash the bad place out of him, when the Buffy director does it, we praise him...or you all praise him. I think he sucks as a director.

©KAW;24250909 said:
The Avengers is the movie that's all action and crap worthy acting throughout the film, that's the mediocre movie out of the three. I'm not fooled by the big box office numbers, no more than I am with a Michael Bay film. When you have an action scene running 45-50 minutes non-stop to avoid enduring the actors hokey performance, something is wrong. When Michael Bay does it, we bash the bad place out of him, when the Buffy director does it, we praise him...or you all praise him. I think he sucks as a director.

tumblr_lig62vOdZ41qc3ioj.jpg

Umm....it was mediocre :up:

And "ruling the reboots" means the money it made. But that doesn't mean ****. Awful films can make a lot of money too, and while The Amazing Spider-Man wasn't awful, it wasn't great either.

©KAW;24250909 said:

Wait, I know who this is...this is KAW :funny:

I liked TAS better than Avengers and TDKR. Don't care who doesn't agree.

Just got back from my third screening of The Amazing Spider-Man. (Had the best audience of the three BTW.)

Ya I enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man more than The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises.

But I'll admit The Avengers was more iconic than The Amazing Spider-Man, had more laughs, and had better special effects.

The Dark Knight Rises had better performances and a more engrossing story. (If Michael Caine doesn't get an Oscar for Best Supporting Oscar...:doh:)

But Overall The Amazing Spider-Man was the best Spider-Man film for me, and I enjoyed it more than TA and TDKR. It had the best drama, had performances past my standards, and was all I wanted from summer movie: One that didn't try to be one at all.

And on topic: If Marc Webb doesn't return, that will make me very hesitant in seeing the sequal. Which is sad because I LOVED his past two films. He brought the right amount of drama and romance into the franchise and with him gone we might not get that.

Just got back from my third screening of The Amazing Spider-Man. (Had the best audience of the three BTW.)

Ya I enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man more than The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises.

But I'll admit The Avengers was more iconic than The Amazing Spider-Man, had more laughs, and had better special effects.

The Dark Knight Rises had better performances and a more engrossing story. (If Michael Caine doesn't get an Oscar for Best Supporting Oscar...:doh:)

But Overall The Amazing Spider-Man was the best Spider-Man film for me, and I enjoyed it more than TA and TDKR. It had the best drama, had performances past my standards, and was all I wanted from summer movie: One that didn't try to be one at all.

And on topic: If Marc Webb doesn't return, that will make me very hesitant in seeing the sequal. Which is sad because I LOVED his past two films. He brought the right amount of drama and romance into the franchise and with him gone we might not get that.

Agree with many of your points, chief among them that Webb needs to come back for the sequel. And I also loved his past (and only two films). He's batting a thousand for me. He really has a magic touch with human drama and romance.

Wow I see many objective statements about a subjective matter of opinion here. I'm not surprised.

It seems some people have been overly sensitive. The comment made was that Amazing Spider-Man was received as mediocre compared to The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises. Regardless of how you feel personally about the films, it's pretty undeniable that in terms of critical reception and box office, Spider-Man's reception was fairly mediocre in comparison to its competition. That much is essentially objective.

I personally think that the success of the sequel is going to rest in the hands of the screenwriters rather than Webb. Although I guess it depends on who made the call to edit out the parent stuff, given as they were the ones who made the most damaging decision, in my opinion.

it's pretty undeniable that in terms of critical reception and box office, Spider-Man's reception was fairly mediocre in comparison to its competition. That much is essentially objective
Avengers: THE END OF THE FIRST MCU phase! and the first modern hero team up!
TDKR:The conclusion of the highly acclaimed Nolan´s Batman films
TASM: a reboot of a very fresh franchise which was loved by many which was competend for a reboot and made 700m Worldwide!
and Critical Reception: ASM 76% RT (top critics) TDKR 76% RT (top critics)

yeah it was mediocre:o

Webb is magic for Spider-Man, if he goes, I will die a little inside.

Sam Raimi was magic to Spider-Man for creating two amazing films of the character. Webb has only made one and one that wasn't very great...how is that magic for Spidey?

It seems some people have been overly sensitive. The comment made was that Amazing Spider-Man was received as mediocre compared to The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises. Regardless of how you feel personally about the films, it's pretty undeniable that in terms of critical reception and box office, Spider-Man's reception was fairly mediocre in comparison to its competition. That much is essentially objective.

:up:

It's hard to say whether the parent stuff being edited out is the real problem here.

What seems most likely is that is was intended to be in the movie (of course, otherwise they wouldn't have shot it), but test screenings before release gave birth to alot of criticism against this parents sub plot (and with it; possibly the Ang Lee origin). I myself would have hated that "Do you think what happened to you was an accident?" stuff , and I can see it would anger alot of fans and even the general audience.

Editing out that part might actually have saved the film from being a through-and-through failure to at least being a love-it-or-hate-it film with a rather good but not extremely great box office numbers.

The problem I'd say is that they even had those ideas in the first place and discovered too late that it didn't work. So I don't complain about the editing out of that stuff but rather about the idea of having Peter's father being a little bit too involved in Spider-Man's origin.

About the story of Peter's parents death, that's in my view not a problem at all so far if you see this as a trilogy with one big, connected story (as it's intended to be). Regardless of what people say about it being dropped bla bla, it isn't. It's clear that this story isn't dropped, it's just left as a mystery to be solved later on. I can see that people might think "huh? did they forget about all that stuff?" when Lizard became the big threat, but that's exactly the reason. Lizard had to become the main focus because he was the threat against the city. Peter didn't have time to further search for clues about his parents, he had to stop Lizard. And even then, it isn't dropped because the after credits scene, while a very cheap one IMO, reminds you of it.

Sam Raimi was magic to Spider-Man for creating two amazing films of the character. Webb has only made one and one that wasn't very great...how is that magic for Spidey?
tumblr_llgaeahjah1qiyqyfo1_500.gif

Sam Raimi hasn't delivered any amazing film at all while Webb has two really good films over a short time span already. Webb is better than Raimi.

See, I can too ;)

You post the same thing almost every time when it comes to something you don't agree with. Change it up man, lol.

Sam Raimi hasn't delivered any amazing film at all while Webb has two really good films over a short time span already. Webb is better than Raimi.

See, I can too ;)

The Evil Dead trilogy, Darkman, Spider-Man duology(see what I did there :cwink:) and Oz looks amazing. So...really? Raimi hasn't delivered any amazing films? Haha.

You post the same thing almost every time when it comes to something you don't agree with. Change it up man, lol.
NO, is because you make it sound like an objective statement
and no i won´t sorry
i could use it with every time you post your opinion but sometimes you make it sound as a fact i could use it too with Oscorp´s post about Raimi i give you that

Compared to (500) Days of Summer, The Amazing Spider-Man wasn't a great film from Webb.

Compared to Raimi's duology, The Amazing Spider-Man wasn't a great Spidey film.

Look everything up in comparing the films. How is that not fact?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"