The Amazing Spider-Man Marc Webb to return? - Part 1

I don't think there was too little action in ASM at all. However, what needed to be better was the action itself. I just can't like the school fight as much as most guys here do. When Lizard tosses those bottles, it just feels silly. Lizard moved in a way I just don't imagine he would. The fight wasn't nearly brutal enough. Spidey had some pretty bad quips (I want quips, but they should be better than that). Then Lizard's just gone. I know why he had to leave but Marc should've handled that a little better.

I gotta admit, I did cringe a little when Lizard tossed the bottles... and I also agree that it wasn't brutal enough

I don't think the Lizard's design was the problem, it was that he wasn't acted creepy enough for most part. I loved the moments like when he's at the lab and smells Gwen who's hiding, and when he opens the gass canisters at the SWAT guy's face.

And about the quips... I don't think I remember all of them I think but one that I remember that got me to laugh was the "somebody's been a bad lizard". That was actually a quip that I heard before seeing the movie and I thought to myself "yeah that's a terrible quip..." but it's Andrew's delivery that made me laugh. He said it like he knew it was a cliche and stupid, a nice touch I think

I love how the Lizard hisses while looking for the Ganalli device, or when he screams when the SWAT teams shoots him.

I gotta admit, I did cringe a little when Lizard tossed the bottles... and I also agree that it wasn't brutal enough

I don't think the Lizard's design was the problem, it was that he wasn't acted creepy enough for most part. I loved the moments like when he's at the lab and smells Gwen who's hiding, and when he opens the gass canisters at the SWAT guy's face.

And about the quips... I don't think I remember all of them I think but one that I remember that got me to laugh was the "somebody's been a bad lizard". That was actually a quip that I heard before seeing the movie and I thought to myself "yeah that's a terrible quip..." but it's Andrew's delivery that made me laugh. He said it like he knew it was a cliche and stupid, a nice touch I think

Very true about Lizard's not acting creepy enough. His design was very good (except for the lack of lab coat most of the time). But he didn't come off as intimidating as he should.

©KAW;24224323 said:
At what point did you ever view my posts as very seriously? This isn't a forum about Cancer. Well, at least I made you chuckle. :huh:

Well, truthfully, I never did take your opinions too seriously as much as others, so you do have a point.

Really? I loved the bottle throwing.. Ah well. My favorite quip was the "Don't, Make, Me, Hurt You" As he's getting slammed from wall to wall, it just seemed straight out of Spectacular Spider-Man which is like my favorite Spider-Man in media of all time.

That scene is actually straight up "Spider-Man" period.

Really? I loved the bottle throwing.. Ah well. My favorite quip was the "Don't, Make, Me, Hurt You" As he's getting slammed from wall to wall, it just seemed straight out of Spectacular Spider-Man which is like my favorite Spider-Man in media of all time.

:up: Forgot about that one. There's definitely some really good quips in this film.

The bottles being thrown in that chemistry classroom? LOVED it. Showed Lizard using intelligence instead of his brutal strength as The Lizard. If there's one thing I really enjoy with TAS-M, it was everything about the school fight.

His design was very good (except for the lack of lab coat most of the time).

Imo, I honestly think there should've been less of the lab coat. Maybe shown once on Connors as it became silly for him wearing a lab coat every time before he turns and then shown once as Connors is transforming to Lizard(preferably the first time and only then).

The bottles being thrown in that chemistry classroom? LOVED it. Showed Lizard using intelligence instead of his brutal strength as The Lizard. If there's one thing I really enjoy with TAS-M, it was everything about the school fight.

well good for you :up:
hope the new writters make a better script and that sony doesn´t edit the bad place out of the final product

Well Kurtzman and Orci said they are huge spiderman fans so, maybe they can pull it off

Very true about Lizard's not acting creepy enough. His design was very good (except for the lack of lab coat most of the time). But he didn't come off as intimidating as he should.

Everything outside of Peter and Gwen in this movie is an absolute mess. The movie begins by giving us the classic two antagonist situation. We have Dr.Connors to is set up to be sympathetic, tragic villain and Ratha who on in his entrance gives Peter a look that makes the audience just hate him without saying on word. He represented true evil in the movie and the fact they cut him out was absolutely ludicrous!

If you ask me if Webb goes to franchise needs to be rebooted again, because they're already so many people involved with production that need to go.

#1. James Vanderbilt, needs to go. What the bad place was that? If I turned that script into one of my professors as an assignment I'd get a C tops.

#2. James Horner, needs to go. He's done some great scores but what the bad place was that? That was probably the worst superhero score I've ever heard it was so melodramatic and cartoonish.

#3. Alan Edward Bell, needs to go. He edited the movie and he cut out the most important parts. I don't care if he was told or being payed to do that, because it was also very choppy in the normal transitions.

#4.Avi Arad, needs to stop abusing his power. Studios make movie possible, they give the funds obviously they're going to get their hands dirty in making sure that certain things go their way. But this guy panders more than John Kerry! Okay he did a good thing giving Spider-Man organic web shooters but was it important to the movie? No! So why on earth, was it so prominently featured in the trailer!? We get it, we wanted webshooters and we got em, we don't need you to wave them around in front of us screaming look at me! Also he put Venom in Spider-Man 3 which has to be the stupidest request I can think of, other than maybe saying put Carnage in there too. Also I believe he has something to do with why the editors are on this list.

#5. Marc Web, Okay the story sucked, the movie was edited badly. The score was not great, but he gave it charm. Seriously the only thing this movie has going for it are its cast and it's charm. Some of the best scenes in the movie were the ones with no or little dialogue. Peter's introduction in high school, Peter discovering his powers on the subway, Peter trying to ask Gwen out, Peter being happy about Gwens answer and his powers skateboarding by himself, Peter telling Gwen he's Spider-Man. It was things like this that made the movie something more than mediocre and for him not to come back would be a major blow. He made some mistakes but he's made his first blockbuster and now it's his time to shine.

The cast was great and theres not much more to say about them other than that.

Just my two cents, this movie was good, but taking out web is not the answer to get something better.

in order
Agree-ish for me the story didnt suck it was just editing,Disagree i liked the score (i don´t know why),Highly agree,and Marc Webb did great

now this boards have a lot of negativity for TASM (im not saying is not justified) but now everyone here is just seeing the bad stuff overweight the good stuff (again im not saying is not justified) but well.... it im aware of the bad stuff but i still love

Everything outside of Peter and Gwen in this movie is an absolute mess. The movie begins by giving us the classic two antagonist situation. We have Dr.Connors to is set up to be sympathetic, tragic villain and Ratha who on in his entrance gives Peter a look that makes the audience just hate him without saying on word. He represented true evil in the movie and the fact they cut him out was absolutely ludicrous!

If you ask me if Webb goes to franchise needs to be rebooted again, because they're already so many people involved with production that need to go.

#1. James Vanderbilt, needs to go. What the bad place was that? If I turned that script into one of my professors as an assignment I'd get a C tops.

#2. James Horner, needs to go. He's done some great scores but what the bad place was that? That was probably the worst superhero score I've ever heard it was so melodramatic and cartoonish.

#3. Alan Edward Bell, needs to go. He edited the movie and he cut out the most important parts. I don't care if he was told or being payed to do that, because it was also very choppy in the normal transitions.

#4.Avi Arad, needs to stop abusing his power. Studios make movie possible, they give the funds obviously they're going to get their hands dirty in making sure that certain things go their way. But this guy panders more than John Kerry! Okay he did a good thing giving Spider-Man organic web shooters but was it important to the movie? No! So why on earth, was it so prominently featured in the trailer!? We get it, we wanted webshooters and we got em, we don't need you to wave them around in front of us screaming look at me! Also he put Venom in Spider-Man 3 which has to be the stupidest request I can think of, other than maybe saying put Carnage in there too. Also I believe he has something to do with why the editors are on this list.

#5. Marc Web, Okay the story sucked, the movie was edited badly. The score was not great, but he gave it charm. Seriously the only thing this movie has going for it are its cast and it's charm. Some of the best scenes in the movie were the ones with no or little dialogue. Peter's introduction in high school, Peter discovering his powers on the subway, Peter trying to ask Gwen out, Peter being happy about Gwens answer and his powers skateboarding by himself, Peter telling Gwen he's Spider-Man. It was things like this that made the movie something more than mediocre and for him not to come back would be a major blow. He made some mistakes but he's made his first blockbuster and now it's his time to shine.

The cast was great and theres not much more to say about them other than that.

Just my two cents, this movie was good, but taking out web is not the answer to get something better.

I understand that you didn't like the movie, but I think you are being a bit harsh on it.

1. James Vanderbilt isn't the best screenwriter, but I think the movie became a mess because of the editing, not so much the script itself.

2. James Horner made a pretty good theme. Its nowhere near as great as Danny Elfman's theme for the Sam Raimi films. I'll admit, when I left the theater after seeing TASM, the theme song was stuck in my head. I have heard worse. And honestly, I don't think the theme for The Avengers was all that either.

3. Alan Edward Bell didn't do such a great job with the editing. There were scenes that felt very choppy and didn't flow too well, but it was nothing that stopped me from enjoying the movie. But it would be illogical to keep him for the sequels.

4. Avi Arad is here to stay, whether we like it or not. He has made poor decisions, and will continue making them as long as he is in charge. Its up to the filmmakers to do the best they can no matter what nonsense he makes them put into their movies (like rushing Venom in Spider-Man 3).

5. Marc Webb should stay, and I really hope he does. I completely disagree with you when you say the scenes with little or no dialogue are the best ones. The conversation between Captain Stacy and Peter at the dinner table was amazing. The introduction to Dr. Connors at Oscorp, along with Peter and Gwen talking had displayed great chemistry. Uncle Ben's "responsibility" speech from Ultimate Spider-Man was well done, too.

IDK why you keep saying the movie had a bad story. It told the origin of Spider-Man, and introduced us to this newly created Spider-Man movie universe. It was a bit of a mess, but so were other reboots like X-Men: First Class. Now that the origin is overwith, lets give the sequel a chance to see if this was all worth it or not.

IDK why you keep saying the movie had a bad story. It told the origin of Spider-Man, and introduced us to this newly created Spider-Man movie universe. It was a bit of a mess, but so were other reboots like X-Men: First Class. Now that the origin is overwith, lets give the sequel a chance to see if this was all worth it or not.
Optimism i like it !:up:

Well Kurtzman and Orci said they are huge spiderman fans so, maybe they can pull it off

As long as its more Star Trek than Transformers if you catch my drift.

As long as its more Star Trek than Transformers if you catch my drift.

yeah , i think the same but wasn´t the script for Transformers 2 during the writters strike or something and Michael Bay was involved with the script?

yeah , i think the same but wasn´t the script for Transformers 2 during the writters strike or something and Michael Bay was involved with the script?

Yes, the writers strike had a lot to do with Transformers 2 turning out to be a horrible movie. The script was so... awful.

X-Men: First Class was a mess? :huh:

It did suffer from plot holes, historical inaccuracies, continuity errors, etc.

It did suffer from plot holes, historical inaccuracies, continuity errors, etc.

I'd have to watch it again to get a better idea on the historical inaccuracies as I never thought of it whenever I watched the film, but for continuity errors? There didn't have to be any continuity whatsoever with the other trilogy or Wolverine's film. bad place, all continuity was lost because of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, so I only see FC as a reboot.

And what plot holes? Not asking this in a pompous tone, but I didn't really find any; not as much as TAS-M.

It did suffer from plot holes

Name one.

...historical inaccuracies

...I don't know if I should dignify this with a proper response.

...continuity errors, etc.

Since there is a sequel on the way, I'd say First Class is a reboot, in which case it has as many continuity errors as The Amazing Spider-Man did to the original films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"