The Dark Knight Rises Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no time and place for Bruce to ''cry'' over Rachel. that is 8 year old. time for new stories.

IMO

He loved Rachel very much, I don't think it's going to be:

Hey...New Chicks!

I think Rachel is still going to have a profound impact on how he goes about things.

Well yes cause Rachel had such an impact on him. They were friends for decades

He loved Rachel very much, I don't think it's going to be:

Hey...New Chicks!

I think Rachel is still going to have a profound impact on how he goes about things.
its been 8 years and its a movie where Rachel is dead. they dont have 4 hours to set up Selina/Miranda and Bruce. the firsct act should be spend on Bruce and Miranda and Selina.

its been 8 years and its a movie where Rachel is dead. they dont have 4 hours to set up Selina/Miranda and Bruce. the firsct act should be spend on Bruce and Miranda and Selina.

what I'm saying and what you're saying is not counter.

I'm saying I don't think he's going to jump into it with one of them ASAP; I think he's going to be haunted by Rachel.

Have you ever tried to date someone after the last person you dated died?

It can be 20 years, its still difficult, there's an intense amount of guilt there.

Didn't Nolan say Bruce is stuck in an emotional standstill 8 years later? That implies to me he's not over Rachel.

When you lose someone you were so attached to and was so dear to you its like an emotional scar that never fully heals and is really hard to get over. So Bruce probably isnt going to be head over heals for Tate and Selina but I do believe that he might warm up to Tate and eventually opens up to her leaving his recovering heart exposed which she later stabs....ohh metaphors

Its been 8 years! They kissed twice and never even did it. It would be unrealistic if he is not over her.

Why even dig in that direction?

I'm hoping for a sex scene between "Tate" and Bruce. And not because I have a dirty mind, but to see Bruce finally have a love scene and then be stabbed in the back by the one who did the deed would be quite effective imo.

Its been 8 years! They kissed twice and never even did it. It would be unrealistic if he is not over her.

You cannot be that ignorant of the concept of human emotions. Besides the fact she was his life long best friend, he was in love with her.

He doesn't had to have had sex with her to find it difficult to get over her. He had not seen her for 7 years in Begins, but his feelings for her had not diminished any less.

Why even dig in that direction?

Because nobody takes the death of a loved one harder than Bruce Wayne. He's a creature of tragedy.

Yeah but you can't have Selina and Talia in a film without some sexual tension, its part of the characters.

You cannot be that ignorant of the concept of human emotions. Besides the fact she was his life long best friend, he was in love with her.

He doesn't had to have had sex with her to find it difficult to get over her. He had not seen her for 7 years in Begins, but his feelings for her had not diminished any less.

Because nobody takes the death of a loved one harder than Bruce Wayne. He's a creature of tragedy.
Of course he can still be sad about it, but its not normal to having to go 8 years before moving on with his life. They were not even in a relationship. That would be alot harder for me to believe than the football scene in the trailer. Even it this could happen, what would be the point of having him still cry for Rachel?

I think Bruce had some delusions about a future between himself and Rachel. That was clear in TDK when he bought out the ballet Dent was taking Rachel to. He wanted a future with her...not her having a future with Harvey. That was also evident when he joined Dent and Rachel at the restaurant.

So I could see him still being upset a bit over Rachel.

People have different lengths of grieving. Some can get over it in a matter of days while some can't let go even after decades.

Also, keywords are in Tate's character description: "still grieving Bruce Wayne".

No more Rachel please. Mention her in passing once and be done with it.

Of course he can still be sad about it, but its not normal to having to go 8 years before moving on with his life. They were not even in a relationship. That would be alot harder for me to believe than the football scene in the trailer. Even it this could happen, what would be the point of having him still cry for Rachel?

Isn't this exactly how Nolan justifies the 8 year gap and describes Bruce condition?

Is it that you want Bruce to be in perfect condition when the film starts? Because that's not happening

I dont have anything against characters grieving for their past love ones. But since Rachel is not in the movie and Bruce is getting romantic to maybe two women, I just dont see the point of grieving about Rachel. Where would they go with that?

Just bringing this over to the new thread. :oldrazz:

tumblr_lwh8m7mV551qc8801o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lwhaedDoOW1qmbetwo1_500.gif

Can't get enough of that. Both look great and the shot is beautiful (very Kubrick-esque)! Tatelia looks charmingly sly and Bruce looks totally enchanted.

It's definitely reminiscent of Eyes Wide Shut.

Yeah and the shot when Bruce walks in to the party too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"