The Dark Knight Rises Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she'll end up good in the end (I have a feeling they'd want the audience to root for Selina/Catwoman more) but I do hope that we see her struggle with her decisions instead of her just being a pure villainess. My favorite aspect of Talia is her struggles between her loyalties and love for her father and Bruce.

That's the popular theory, but I still feel the other scenario could work, while at the same achieving the goal of getting the audience to root for Selina/Catwoman.

What if Talia and Bruce end up having a scene similar to what Leo had with Marion’s character in “Inception” in regards to their final moments with each other in the collapsing world, where in this case, Talia is dying in Bruce’s arms having after another battle with him and that before her final moments, she shows regret towards her actions in having hurt Bruce previously, etc? I think it’d be sad and touching in the same time.

I'm hoping she will be portrayed as conflicted, as she is in the source material, rather than just being a one dimensional good guy/bad guy.

Conflicted like she is when written by Denny O'neil? I'll take it. Better than the over the top and hammy evil she is right now.

And I kind of like the idea of her and Batman having some kind of quiet resolution to their story. I'd like it if at the end of the day, they understand each other better than Ra's and Bruce did. It's why I'm kind of hoping that Bruce figures out Tatalia betrayed him before she reveals herself. It be pretty cool if he had a scene like in the latest Count of Monte Cristo: thinking over everything that happened and then realizing what happened.

And I kind of like the idea of her and Batman having some kind of quiet resolution to their story. I'd like it if at the end of the day, they understand each other better than Ra's and Bruce did. It's why I'm kind of hoping that Bruce figures out Tatalia betrayed him before she reveals herself. It be pretty cool if he had a scene like in the latest Count of Monte Cristo: thinking over everything that happened and then realizing what happened.

A plot twist rewarded with another plot twist. I'm down. :woot:

That's always been one of my dream scenarios - that Bruce found out even before she revealed herself. It'll be a good "surprise" to a twist that most of us hardcore fans already know about and it'll be a good way to show Batman's detective skills. It'll be cool if she slipped by saying something and that triggered his suspicion. I'm pretty sure it won't happen though. :funny:

Glamour France Pics (Can anyone check if there's anything TDKR related? I'm guessing nothing.) -

tumblr_m59entY3Vm1qgj42qo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m59entY3Vm1qgj42qo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m59entY3Vm1qgj42qo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m59entY3Vm1qgj42qo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_m59entY3Vm1qgj42qo5_1280.jpg

Ok, I'm predicting on this one, but I don't think Talia/Tate is going to be a villain. Bane has gone rogue. Talia and the LoS is actually trying to stop Bane. Bane is a dark reflection of Bruce. Bruce was too soft for the LoS, while Bane was too out of control. Tate/Talia does die, but by the hands of Bane or his army. Bruce/Batman is believed to be dead near the end of the film, but he's actually working underground training the LoS, as their new leader (something similar to TDKR's ending). Oh, and Selina Kyle is there too (replacing Carrie Kelly/Robin in the scene). Full circle.

Although I'm having fun with this, one interesting thing to think about is that Batman actually cleaned up Gotham in Nolan's version. Without having to destroy the city, might I add. Kind of makes you wonder how the LoS looks at something like that.

Last edited:
I'm hoping she will be portrayed as conflicted, as she is in the source material, rather than just being a one dimensional good guy/bad guy.

But in the source material, if Bruce would ever actually kill Ra's, she wouldn't be conflicted about her actions. She would just straight out seek revenge... she would break him down as much as possible, and then kill him.

But in the source material, if Bruce would ever actually kill Ra's, she wouldn't be conflicted about her actions. She would just straight out seek revenge... she would break him down as much as possible, and then kill him.

He didn't kill Ra's though.

i would actually like to see joker just kill her like he did in arkham city!

He didn't kill Ra's though.

She would have no way of knowing that though. And even if she did find out the truth, I'm pretty sure that him just letting her father die as opposed to killing him wouldn't make her feel any better.

Either way, you look at it... him and Bruce had a battle and Ra's died from it. So his blood would still be on Bruce's hands as far as Talia is concerned. You know what that would be really good dialogue between Bruce and Talia once she's revealed.

Bruce: I didn't kill your father, Talia. I'm no executioner.

Talia: But my father's blood is still on your hands. You opposed him after he accepted you as a decipal and student. He taught you everything. Even looked at you as a son, and yet you left him to die. You may have not been the executioner, but you were certainly the jury and you sentenced him to death. I'm only returning the verdict.

Wow, I haven't had the screenwriter come out in me like that in a long time. Sorry. Haha.

One way or another if there's any ONE word that'll probably end up describing Bruce's relationship with Talia, it'll be "Tragedy".lol

Heck, for all intensive purposes, it may be revealed in the film that if it weren't for Bruce's fallout with Ra's that Bruce could have very well ended up happily with Talia and that the only reason why they can't be together is because of her bitterness towards the fact that Bruce is responsible for her father's death.

Just like comics.
Every single Bruce/Talia story ends tragically, so it'd be fitting if Nolan carried that through here.

Just like comics.
Every single Bruce/Talia story ends tragically, so it'd be fitting if Nolan carried that through here.

Indeed; though one could argue here though that IF Talia does end up developing sincere feelings for Bruce in Nolan's version, then her feelings for him must be super strong since in the comics, Talia met Bruce before her father was killed...but here, her father is already dead so she's a woman on a mission and yet even after having that strong will of hers, she still finds herself pulled towards him.

In the comics, it was admiration of him and how strong and intelligent he was..well that among other things.lol.

I wonder what Talia would find appealing of Bruce enough to develop feelings for him this time around? I mean, I'm assuming that when she meets him, he'll be in somewhat of a bad funk mode due to his guilt with Rachel and probably have been retired as Batman by then.

She would have no way of knowing that though. And even if she did find out the truth, I'm pretty sure that him just letting her father die as opposed to killing him wouldn't make her feel any better.

Either way, you look at it... him and Bruce had a battle and Ra's died from it. So his blood would still be on Bruce's hands as far as Talia is concerned. You know what that would be really good dialogue between Bruce and Talia once she's revealed.

Bruce: I didn't kill your father, Talia. I'm no executioner.

Talia: But my father's blood is still on your hands. You opposed him after he accepted you as a decipal and student. He taught you everything. Even looked at you as a son, and yet you left him to die. You may have not been the executioner, but you were certainly the jury and you sentenced him to death. I'm only returning the verdict.

Wow, I haven't had the screenwriter come out in me like that in a long time. Sorry. Haha.

That might be the way it turns out

Ok, I'm predicting on this one, but I don't think Talia/Tate is going to be a villain. Bane has gone rogue. Talia and the LoS is actually trying to stop Bane. Bane is a dark reflection of Bruce. Bruce was too soft for the LoS, while Bane was too out of control. Tate/Talia does die, but by the hands of Bane or his army. Bruce/Batman is believed to be dead near the end of the film, but he's actually working underground training the LoS, as their new leader (something similar to TDKR's ending). Oh, and Selina Kyle is there too (replacing Carrie Kelly/Robin in the scene). Full circle.

Although I'm having fun with this, one interesting thing to think about is that Batman actually cleaned up Gotham in Nolan's version. Without having to destroy the city, might I add. Kind of makes you wonder how the LoS looks at something like that.

im fine with the idea of the los being against bane n trying to stop him...would show how extreme of a threat bane is that the los wants him out of the way.....but in no way can i see batman n catwoman being the new los leaders:o

Yeah I think that's the big significant difference between the Talia we know vs Nolan's Talia which is why I'm more convinced that she'll be a full on villainess despite me wanting her to be conflicted.

Indeed; though one could argue here though that IF Talia does end up developing sincere feelings for Bruce in Nolan's version, then her feelings for him must be super strong since in the comics, Talia met Bruce before her father was killed...but here, her father is already dead so she's a woman on a mission and yet even after having that strong will of hers, she still finds herself pulled towards him.

In the comics, it was admiration of him and how strong and intelligent he was..well that among other things.lol.

True... I really hope that this is the way they go about with her. I like her gray and conflicted although like what I said above, I'm starting to lean towards her being just all about revenge and her actions were just to fool Bruce with no mutual developed feelings on her side.

I wonder what Talia would find appealing of Bruce enough to develop feelings for him this time around? I mean, I'm assuming that when she meets him, he'll be in somewhat of a bad funk mode due to his guilt with Rachel and probably have been retired as Batman by then.

IF she does end up having feelings for him, maybe it's because in some ways, she saw in him the things she admired most about her father? Also, maybe seeing Bruce in that depressed and lost state throughout those years made her think that he's suffered enough and has paid already for what he did to his father. Bruce might be breathing in those years but he's dead inside (As Nolan described her, "she represents the hope that Bruce can be brought back from the dead").

Last edited:
Gotta admit though that I'm also weak for the more blatantly evil Talia from modern comics.

Interesting theory on Talia/LoS being there to stop Bane. That would definitely be a big twist that not everyone has been expecting.

But I have a feeling that she's just going to end up being a villainess. And if she does, then I don't expect her to have any real feelings for him. I think she'll let him fall for her, and when the timing is right for her she'll break his heart into pieces. Tear his entire world apart.

Last edited:

Well if they're genuine feelings and if Miranda Tate has been present since the end of Begins, my own personal theory, than she would have witnessed his actions in TDK. Even if she herself disagrees with them, she probably admires his guts and determination.

Interesting theory on Talia/LoS being there to stop Bane. That would definitely be a big twist that not everyone has been expecting.

But I have a feeling that she's just going to end up being a villainess. And if she does, then I don't expect her to have any real feelings for him. I think she'll let him fall for her, and when the timing is right for her she'll break his heart into pieces. Tear his entire world apart.

Can't see it, tbh. If this were the case then there'd be no reason for Bats and Selina chasing her down and trying to shoot her to ****.

It still all theory. As it hasn't happened thus far, we won't know for sure yet. :o :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"