The Dark Knight Rises Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate VIII (Team Frenchie Edition)

It always irritates me when this thread goes from discussing Miranda/Talia/Marion to talking about how great Anne was and how Selina is Bruce's perfect "soul mate" or how "organic" their courtship was (HUH??). Sorry, it just really irks me, because there are threads for that.

Just saw this post. Uh, sorry my earlier post seemed to have bothered you. My point was that I think there is an intentional contrast between the way the Bruce/Selina and Bruce/Miranda's relationships are portrayed. It's not about one being better than the other, I'm just saying Bruce and Selina's natural chemistry and Bruce and Miranda's "lack" of chemistry is very much a part of the story. Miranda is like the girl your parents are trying to set you up with (like Alfred and Lucius are), while Selina is the cooler girl he actually has the hots for. Pretty simple.

I won't go so far as to use word "soulmate", mainly because I think Bruce and Selina would roll their eyes at such a concept, but I do think they make a great pair and balance each other out in a lot of ways.

Then again, Talia imo has always been a pretty one note character . Catwoman is the better role.
Well that's nice for you if you think that, but I certainly don't.

Again, if you want to discuss Selina/Anne and how fabulous she was, there's a thread. I don't even dispute that Anne did an excellent job with the role or that Catwoman was who fans were invested in when they saw this movie. It's just very irritating to come in here and read whole discussions about it. Because there are fans who still wish that Nolan had done a better job bringing Talia to life. Catwoman may be the more popular character, I even like her, but I prefer Talia, always have.

But I wish this thread would just die out honestly and never return, because you're right, there's not a whole lot to discuss when it comes to her. And even when people start discussing the comics, it always come back around to Talia vs. Selina. Annoying.

Last edited:
Just saw this post. Uh, sorry my earlier post seemed to have bothered you. My point was that I think there is an intentional contrast between the way the Bruce/Selina and Bruce/Miranda's relationships are portrayed. It's not about one being better than the other, I'm just saying Bruce and Selina's natural chemistry and Bruce and Miranda's "lack" of chemistry is very much a part of the story. Miranda is like the girl your parents are trying to set you up with (like Alfred and Lucius are), while Selina is the cooler girl he actually has the hots for. Pretty simple.

As Batman said in the College Humor Parody of the Reveal scene, if someone were trying to set me up with a woman that looked like Miranda who would comfort me in the way that she did to Bruce just after only having met her 3 times in person, then "sign me up for that".haha

tumblr_mfclc3kOGK1qckmajo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfclc3kOGK1qckmajo2_1280.jpg

Watched the film for only the second time last night and her performance wasn't as bad as I remembered but her death scene was terrible mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"