The Dark Knight Rises Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate VII (Team Frenchie Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys do realize bane was a grown man(I'd say at least mid 20s) when yalia was about ten-12? I think in no way was there any romance intended at all the love she had for him was as her protector saving her life and as her friend. I've seen a couple times on the board where people keep saying bane was "friend zoned" or whatever. I think it's clear their relationship was nothing like that for obvious reasons.

I sense Leon & Matilda thing going on :woot:

You guys do realize bane was a grown man(I'd say at least mid 20s) when yalia was about ten-12? I think in no way was there any romance intended at all the love she had for him was as her protector saving her life and as her friend. I've seen a couple times on the board where people keep saying bane was "friend zoned" or whatever. I think it's clear their relationship was nothing like that for obvious reasons.

She pretty much states that he loved her ... :o

I don't think Nolan's Talia can love anyone but herself. Bane is like her Alfred. It won't stop people from shipping them though. Tumblr and fanfics are already all over the 2 already. :hehe:

Well, as we all know, there's only one type of love. It's not like brothers can love their sisters, parents their children, or anything like that. It's either romantic, or non-existent. :up:

The only part i hate about talias reveal is that she basically says bane was exiled from the los cuz talia gave him a stiffy between his pants...kinda dissapointing after all the bane was too extreme for ras talk

The only part i hate about talias reveal is that she basically says bane was exiled from the los cuz talia gave him a stiffy between his pants...kinda dissapointing after all the bane was too extreme for ras talk

She stated Ra's didn't want him because he reminded him what happened to his wife there something.

Must of missed that but even so thats still underwhelming...even after all that extreme talk

Must of missed that but even so thats still underwhelming...even after all that extreme talk

What i wonder if Ra's didn't want Bane because his injuries reminded what must happened to his wife or Bane's himself reminded him those savages in the pit so what must be happened his wife. After all Bane is extremely (or insanely) brutal even towards to his men.

I forgot what Talia actually said but if second one is true, Alfred still can be right.

I love how people constantly believe that people have problems with Talia just because they knew the twist already.

Keep believing that if it makes you feel better. I read the Batman Begins script a year before the movie came out, and the Ras twist was still badass to me.

Relax dude I wasn't singling any person out I meant in general... And since most of the people who saw the film and didn't know the twist beforehand actually reacted very well to it- it's not a huge leap to think a lot of the issues people on this particular board have with it are due to knowing way too much about it way too long beforehand.

I can see both of your arguments. On the one hand EVERYONE on this board KNEW Miranda was Talia... it was obvious... we had photos... and honestly i think it was lazy casting by Nolan seeing as how Cotillard was JUST A CRAZY B&^% in Inception.

That being said... if the twist had actually meant something to us we might have forgiven how obvious and cliche of a villain she ended up being.

I think this movie played a lot better for general audience people and non-comic fans because literally everything was fresh and a surprise. I really thought Nolan was going to out-smart us like he did on TDK but we had everything pretty much layed out just based on guesses and speculation.

Fwiw I was one of the one who HATED the whole Los/talia angle when it was rumored beforehand. And I still think its not a great idea. But it was handled well enough in the context of the story where I can forgive it. This is one of those things where I do feel had ledger lived-talia wouldn't have been around, and the Los angle would've been minimized.

Fwiw I was one of the one who HATED the whole Los/talia angle when it was rumored beforehand. And I still think its not a great idea. But it was handled well enough in the context of the story where I can forgive it. This is one of those things where I do feel had ledger lived-talia wouldn't have been around, and the Los angle would've been minimized.

Or nolan could have gone a diffrent route n given us Bane and a diffrent villian

Actually, I feel that had Ledger lived, Catwoman wouldn't have been around.

I love how people constantly believe that people have problems with Talia just because they knew the twist already.

Keep believing that if it makes you feel better. I read the Batman Begins script a year before the movie came out, and the Ras twist was still badass to me.

Exactly. Ra's reveal was handled well because he was the guy who trained Bruce and gave him a path. We were given reasons to care about him. He left an impression.

I didn't give two hoots about Miranda Tate or her out of the blue contrived sex scene with Bruce. She was such an unmemorable presence in the movie, and when she was revealed as Talia it was underwhelming. Then she dies 5 minutes later. I couldn't care less.

exactly. Ra's reveal was handled well because he was the guy who trained bruce and gave him a path. We were given reasons to care about him. He left an impression.

I didn't give two hoots about miranda tate or her out of the blue contrived sex scene with bruce. She was such an unmemorable presence in the movie, and when she was revealed as talia it was underwhelming. Then she dies 5 minutes later. I couldn't care less.

spot on sir!

I think people are obsessing too much over this aspect. No, she wasn't as effectively woven into the story as Ra's/Ducard was in BB, but she works for some myself and every non-comic reader I know who was stunned by it) and not for others (most of those complaining on these boards).

But the movie works and the twist serves its purpose. It only seems glaringly awful if you pick at it for days and days after viewing the movie.

I think people just need to accept that others don't like or care much for her role in this movie. I think people need to accept that as a message board, criticizing this role is not being obsessive, but is actually why this thread is here: to discuss the character, for good or bad. Throwing out things like "oh, people dont like it cause they knew the twist" or "They dont like it cause they pick at it" just makes you sound like you're desperate for people to like every aspect of the movie and that you want things to be a lovefest.

No, I accept you don't like it. I just think it is being blown out of proportion with its effect on the movie when everyday you reiterate how much you dislike it in this thread.

Except I don't think its blown out of proportion at all. I don't recall anyone saying Miranda's role ruins the movie totally or anything like that. This is the thread to talk about Miranda, and a key aspect to Miranda is that her role is completely underwhelming. Frankly, besides that, there's really not much to talk about, which shows you just how undeveloped her role was.

There's already a GIF of her death scene... OMG. :lmao: Poor Marion. :(

Sorry man but you couldn't be more wrong.

Bane was excommunicated because the violence and anger he displayed reminded Ra's of the same murderers and criminals who commited monstrosities against his wife in the pit. So yes, he WAS too extreme for Ra's and NO it was never stated that Ra's did not approve of Bane being with Talia and that's why he banished him. If this was the case, Ra's would be treating Bane just like the Warlord had treated him regarding the Warlord's daughter. And while Ra's has shown himself to be a hypocrite in the past, that would be a bit much even for him I think.

I didn't give two hoots about Miranda Tate or her out of the blue contrived sex scene with Bruce. She was such an unmemorable presence in the movie, and when she was revealed as Talia it was underwhelming. Then she dies 5 minutes later. I couldn't care less.
I have to agree. Maybe if Bruce already had a relationship with her by the time we see the movie it would have made a difference for me in terms of caring for her, but i dunno. Something's just off.

lol @kvz5. Indeed, poor Marion. That scene is just so unintentionally funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"