Marvel’s First Family Casting Thread

I really really don’t think we’re seeing Ben in human form

I really really don’t think we’re seeing Ben in human form
Depends on when and how Marvel wants to use him. Ben Grimm could show up in a non-F4 MCU movie or show pre-transformation, or they could always show flashbacks to the incident in the movie. Either way, I suspect the MCU F4 won’t focus on the F4’s origin as much as the previous movies.

About the Seth Rogen thing, if he could get himself in Green Hornet shape again maybe. Ben was a football player before he was the Thing. maybe Jason Segal would be a better fit. Stan and Jack should be represented.
I don't know if anyone in this thread has seen Seth Rogen lately but he's looking pretty lean these days.
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F0e199667-462d-47ce-94aa-7dabcf9160fa

I don't know if anyone in this thread has seen Seth Rogen lately but he's looking pretty lean these days.
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F0e199667-462d-47ce-94aa-7dabcf9160fa

maybe he already got the part lol

^not sure that image helps your argument
I'm not trying to make an argument. I don't have any preconcieved notions of how Ben Grimm would be portrayed because ultimately, I only know the F4 from the crappy movies and a couple of video games. But if he can cut down, I'm sure he can bulk up with some hollywood trainers, and with a character like Ben Grimm who has a 99% chance of being CGI it isn't really a hard sell. Ben Grimm wouldn't even be my first pick for Rogen in the MCU, maybe if Alpha Flight ever gets a shot on the big screen, he'd be a decent Sasquatch.

Could that guy be someone who played football in college and is currently a pilot? Yep

At his previous weight, that would have been less plausible.

His clothes, hair, expression etc. led to my previous flip “homeless” comment, but the tough thing is the weight loss.

With a decent hair-cut, I wouldn’t have problem with his appearance for Ben.

Could that guy be someone who played football in college and is currently a pilot? Yep

At his previous weight, that would have been less plausible.

His clothes, hair, expression etc. led to my previous flip “homeless” comment, but the tough thing is the weight loss.

With a decent hair-cut, I wouldn’t have problem with his appearance for Ben.

That appearance might be for his role in the mini series "Pam and Tommy" in which Seth Rogen also stars alongside Lily James and Sebastian Stan. They've all undergone physical transformations where they don't even look like themselves.

I am the one who has to watch this High School Musical series with my girlfriend and I thaught with todays episode: Matt Cornett for Johny Storm? Thaughts?

^ only if he is a better actor than Dacre Montgomery or Zack Efron

That appearance might be for his role in the mini series "Pam and Tommy" in which Seth Rogen also stars alongside Lily James and Sebastian Stan. They've all undergone physical transformations where they don't even look like themselves.

Looks like he's lost some weight and has shaved off his facial hair:

I am the one who has to watch this High School Musical series with my girlfriend and I thaught with todays episode: Matt Cornett for Johny Storm? Thaughts?

it’s funny, I thought the same about Joshua Bassett but he might be too nice for Johnny

It's been said before.. but I wonder if the casting of Kang (sometimes known as Nathaniel Richards, potentially the father of Reed) means we'll get an African-American actor as Reed.

I could see that, unfortunately, being an issue of contention with some fans.

Yeah but Kang isnt even human though - just as Thanos was cast as a black man and a white man so the same should apply to characters like Silver Surfer and other non human humanoids. I prefer Marvel Studios does a comic book accurate take on FF first, show FOX how its meant to be done.

Feige should do their trilogy or whatever and once they finish their run culminating in Secret Wars or X-Men v Fantastic Four v Avengers they are free to make it as wild as they want and interpret and reinterpret as they see fit because by that time i will have gotten my fix and they will have made their millions.

Last edited:
Yeah but Kang isnt even human though - just as Thanos was cast as a black man and a white man so the same should apply to characters like Silver Surfer and other non human humanoids. I prefer Marvel Studios does a comic book accurate take on FF first, show FOX how its meant to be done.

Feige should do their trilogy or whatever and once they finish their run culminating in Secret Wars or X-Men v Fantastic Four v Avengers they are free wo make it as wild as they want and interpret and reinterpret as they see fit because by that time i will have gotten my fix and they will have made their millions.

Kang is human and related to Reed in some way whether that is a descendant of Reed's father (the guy got around) or Reed himself.

It's been said before.. but I wonder if the casting of Kang (sometimes known as Nathaniel Richards, potentially the father of Reed) means we'll get an African-American actor as Reed.

It’s possible the race of the actor in a role could mean MCU Reed could end up black, but it’s just as likely Marvel simply ditches that connection(which was always kind of loose and nebulous) and make him tied to someone else. Even if they keep the Nathaniel Richards aspect of Kang’s character I don’t think that automatically means MCU Reed will be black. It’s been pointed by others before that there are black people with white ancestors, and vice versa. So Reed could still be related to Kang and still be a white guy like he’s always been in the comics. Regardless of what happens with that, I do think Quantum-Mania will be the first movie to name drop F4. I just can’t see a world where known Fantastic Four fan Peyton Reed(who was at one point going to do a movie about them before it fell apart) could resist throwing in a nod to everyone’s favorite superhero quartet in someway. Marvel mentioned Strange in Winter Soldier before an actor was even cast in the role, so it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility to name-drop a major character like Reed who will be appearing in the movies in the near future.

I'm just referring to the possibility of Nathaniel and Reed being father and son.

That being said, Kang could take the form of a white man during his time living as 'Nathaniel Richards,' so anything's possible.

Aside from MJ (who isn't really Mary Jane), Feige hasn't really race-bent any major human-esque characters.

He racebent Anicent One for political reasons, and apologized for it.

It sounds like they're having a Mayan Namor, but that works with the comics.. since his ethnicity was undefined.

When last I checked, Nathaniel Richards is *not* the same person as Kang. That was a theory passed around for a while, but it didn't turn out to be the case. Kang really is a dude from a thousand or so years in the future, though he might be descended from one or more of Reed and Doom ( or both, its a thousand years ).

Yeah but Kang isnt even human though

Um, what? No, Kang is absolutely human, unless that got seriously retconned. Even when his exact identity was uncertain, he was always human, it just varied on his exact relationship to other ancestors and time travelers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"