Marvel Crossover Possibilites starting with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk!

cosmicherosa

king of life
Reaction score
http://www.mania.com/55554.html

Part of Interview (Edward Norton is starring AND wrote T.I.H., FYI:

Edward Norton (Bruce Banner/Incredible Hulk) rewrote the screenplay along with director Louis Letterier to fit their visions as they saw it for the character. They made it a keypoint to bring up the old tv show when talking about the creating process.

Big addition to the Hulk from Norton's rewrite....He says character Leonard "Doc" Samson would be in the movie, and that they were actually going to mention other Marvel superheroes (by name) in the movie. It looks like Norton wants the different franchises to be linked better than they have been in recent years.

Norton said: "I came into this and wrote the screenplay. I was a Marvel kid. I had subscriptions to a lot of Marvel comics. I loved the early incarnation of the Hulk and then the television show, and then in later years, where they took it in the Bruce Jones Return of the Monster series. I always felt like it was like one of those great contemporary myths. Comes right out of the tradition of Greek mythology, notion of suppression of your inner demon. Initial idea of starting from scratch and reconceiving the story as a mythic saga was really appealing to me and I liked the idea of the lonely fugitive aspect of it."

So they will be mentioning other characters by name and will have cameo appearances. This also ties into how Sam Jackson as Nick Fury and that horse-faced actress are making cameos in Iron Man.

With Marvel Studious doing everything their way with their properties, are you excited about the possibilities of big crossovers? Do you have any ideas about some?

Maybe Iron Man is dispatched out to take down the Incredible Hulk in a future sequel, maybe the Hulk is being manipulated by Mandarin???!

So they will be mentioning other characters by name and will have cameo appearances. This also ties into how Sam Jackson as Nick Fury and that horse-faced actress are making cameos in Iron Man.

With Marvel Studious doing everything their way with their properties, are you excited about the possibilities of big crossovers? Do you have any ideas about some?

Maybe Iron Man is dispatched out to take down the Incredible Hulk in a future sequel, maybe the Hulk is being manipulated by Mandarin???!

Avengers. :up:

yeah, they're planning the ultimate crossover film - the Avengers!

yeah, they're planning the ultimate crossover film - the Avengers!

It seems to me that is where they are heading. With Captain America, a Luke Cage movie, possibly Black Panther, that whole Ant Man movie rumor, etc...the possibilities are really there.

I would pay hard earned cash to see Iron Man VS The Incredible Hulk. Which then spawns an Averngers movie.

The way I see it...

Iron Man>Incredible Hulk>Thor>Captain America>Avengers

A solo Fury,Widow or SHIELD film might be a bit much.They would make much more interesting supporting cast members.

Also,Avengers,or Ultimates,whichever they go with,is in my mind only going to be one film.I cannot see these characters committing themselves to these roles for possible sequels of each film plus possible sequels of the team film.

This also ties into how Sam Jackson as Nick Fury and that horse-faced actress are making cameos in Iron Man.

You mean Beta Ray Swank?

The Hulk was too unpredictable to stay with one outfit for long, wasn't he?

Avengers to Defenders to Our Gang, etc.

If Marvel Studios is smart enough to manage a crossover then I have two words: Hulkbuster Armor!

Norton rewrote the script? I had no idea he ever wrote anything. I definitely like the idea of linking the Marvel heroes, it'll be interesting to see how they do it.

hmmm ok, so Edward Norton is doing alot more than just acting for the Incredible Hulk.

Horse faced actress? That's a bit harsh.

I'm happy Norton is invloved with the writing of this. He can write what he wants to play. And I'm ELATED that they are paying homage to Bill Bixby, the concept of the fugitive or man on the run, and the other nods to Bixby they said would be in the movie. That's great.

I'm really excited about this movie.

I kinda hoped they kept Ironman from the Hulk but being as I am not a hardcore fan of Ironman I have no say in it. I hope they make it flow instead of forcing it but chances are its going to have that forced feeling.

i'd rather see teh avengers mentioned or forming at the end of the run of movie franchises, i wouldn't actually want to see an avengers movie though.

kinda how like they all cameo to take down the hulk in like the last hulk movie they make.

Take that back damn you!!

i'm with you casius-jay
if hillary swank is HORSE FACED then I AM IRON MAN

Please, no avengers. I want character driven movies, hopefully artistic and powerful. Not mindless action.

I would pay hard earned cash to see Iron Man VS The Incredible Hulk. Which then spawns an Averngers movie.

You and me both.

I am aware of the Avengers film but imagine two of my favorite characters Hulk and IM battling it out on the Big screen. Marvel has the chance to take the comic book movie to another level. The right scripts, the right directors and they could blow this thing through the roof.

I am eagerly anticipating both films for next summer. The IM footage looks phenominal and the image and news about the TIH film were inspiring.

What's up with all the Avengers hate? An Avengers movie doesn't necessarily have to be some Micheal Bay explosion-fest.

Please, no avengers. I want character driven movies, hopefully artistic and powerful. Not mindless action.

A little mindless action never hurt anyone. :word:

I was under the impression that each character's solo movie would be their personal place to shine "artistically"...then, with origins and motivations out of the way, they can gather together in one big action packed movie and just go for it, adventure-wise.

That way, fans are in a win/win scenario, dont you think?

I was under the impression that each character's solo movie would be their personal place to shine "artistically"...then, with origins and motivations out of the way, they can gather together in one big action packed movie and just go for it, adventure-wise.

I agree. Plus they can still make a great plot despite having a lot of fighting. Really if all the heros and villains develope in the solo films, the Avengers movie wouldn't need much character developement.

Hulkbuster Armor!

This would make my nipples hard like two weightlifting midgets.

I still have the Hulkbuster Iron Man toy on display!

But yea, Iron Man vs. Hulk would be awesome awesome awesome. I would be floored with some good convo exchange between two awesome actors, Robert Downey, Jr. and Edward Norton.

Maybe Brad Pitt as Captain America. Re-unite Ed and Brad from the old Fight Club days.

Mindless action only appeals to the mindless.

i suppose drama could be fit into the writing... and don't hit me (braces self)
but the Ultimates wasn't so bad. It had a clean mix of action and story.

So all i'm saying is that it's possible to have both.

Well I see it has the potential to get ridiculous

I don't think an action packed Avengers movie has to be mindless... just, y'konw... action packed. There's drama in that. There's emotion in that. Especially when you're already emotionally attatched to these characters.

And I don't think making a big showy action packed movie does any harm to people who don't want to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"