Marvel vs. Capcom 3

I hate how companies do online these days, though. I have friends right beside me who can't play my game, but I have to play with people I don't know just because they have a WHOLE separate Xbox as opposed to just a controller?
and with the systems being HD and the games made widescreen to be played on bigger HDTVs, you'd think they'd take advantage of split screen more

and with the systems being HD and the games made widescreen to be played on bigger HDTVs, you'd think they'd take advantage of split screen more

Thats just a result of the direction the industry is moving. Online gameplay is growing and the call for that is louder than local MP.

Thats just a result of the direction the industry is moving. Online gameplay is growing and the call for that is louder than local MP.
I dont get why the two are mutually exclusive though. Why cant there be online play AND local splitscreen multiplayer?

I dont get why the two are mutually exclusive though. Why cant there be online play AND local splitscreen multiplayer?

Your guess is as good as mine bro. Time is money i guess? I mean if you focus on one thing that takes time away from another. I mean thats my best guest.

Your guess is as good as mine bro. Time is money i guess? I mean if you focus on one thing that takes time away from another. I mean thats my best guest.

You're right. But I wish they'd think of fans and not just of how they are going to get paid. Local MP is awesome and is a great thing at parties. But it's almost as if they're now forcing you to be a lazy bum and sit at home with no one over.

I hate watching my friends play online. I'm just sititing there and I have to wait for a turn, if I even want a turn. Nowadays, you don't even need to buy a second controller with your system.

Anyways, someone made a great suggestion on the first page.

Shocker 9000 suggested Dante and more RE characters. I think a good way to kick off the versus series is to start with some Capcom vs. Capcom games.

Devil May Cry vs. Resident Evil would be a great series, because not only do they have the same number of sequels now, but they also are connected in that DMC was going to be Resident Evil 4.

Omnimusha, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil and Dino Crisis would make a great Versus game because they all have similar themes and similar weapons and powers. You could even call it "Swords vs. Guns" or something.

See, the good thing about Capcom is that they have a great back catalog upon which they could make an awesome, extremely varied and balanced roster. They have tons of characters who would play quite differently from each other and would be awesome to fight as.

Rad Spencer and Arthur, for example. Always overlooked, and yet would be great in this. They just have to explore their catalogue better. TvC was certainly a step in the right direction on that regard. :up:

The original Marvel vs Capcom had tons of helper characters from throughout Capcom's history, many of which are forgotten or were unheard of. Theres alot of characters in that game they could pull and put in future rosters

Anyways, someone made a great suggestion on the first page.

Shocker 9000 suggested Dante and more RE characters. I think a good way to kick off the versus series is to start with some Capcom vs. Capcom games.

Devil May Cry vs. Resident Evil would be a great series, because not only do they have the same number of sequels now, but they also are connected in that DMC was going to be Resident Evil 4.
Omnimusha, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil and Dino Crisis would make a great Versus game because they all have similar themes and similar weapons and powers. You could even call it "Swords vs. Guns" or something.

What do you mean by that?

What do you mean by that?

"Officially announced in 2001, Resident Evil 4 underwent a long development period in which several proposed versions of the game were discarded by the developers before the finished product was released in 2005. The first attempt for a build of the game was developed for the Playstation 2 from 1998 to 2000 after the completion of Resident Evil 2. The project was lead by Resident Evil 2 director Hideki Kamiya and "Team Little Devil" from 1998 to 2000.[6] However, in prototype status, the game proved to be a radical departure from the established Resident Evil formula and the survival horror genre in general. Rather than abandon the project entirely, the premise was changed and the game eventually became Devil May Cry.http://www.answers.com/resident evil 4#cite_note-Interview_with_Shinji_Mikami-6"

-http://www.answers.com/resident%20evil%204

This is true because I actually remember it.

Huh... I did not know that. Hmm, learn something new everyday. Awesome when failed plans turn into something good. Great thing that happened the DMC series is for sure one of, if not my favorite game series of all time. Dante and Nero are musts for me in a MvsC3.

yeah I rememebr reading that as well.

I'm guessing that if and when Marvel vs. Capcom 3 comes out, the roster is going to be significantly smaller than in MVC2 since they're almost definitely going to be using a new engine. If it's based on the Street Fighter IV engine (which IMO it should be), then they'll at least have a head start on the Capcom side of things. They'll probably be able to port over most of the Street Fighter fan favorites from SFIV relatively easily, however everyone beyond that will have to be built from scratch-- and that's going to be an especially big task on the Marvel side. The returning characters from MVC2 will probably play similar to their predecessors, but re-creating all of that with the new 3D engine and making it work with the new mechanics is going to be a lot of work.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the team-play aspect gets cut back from 3-on-3 to 2-on-2, since the roster will be much smaller and the computation demands are going to be much greater this time around. Obviously it would be disappointing if the game turned into "Street Fighter 4.1 + Marvel," since SFIV is already a great game on it's own, but in terms of roster size I think it'd be wise to have realistic expectations. Optimistically, I imagine we'll see maybe 20-25 fan-favorites re-created, and 5-6 new characters. Here are the six new ones I'd be most eager to see in the game:

Capcom:

Dante (Devil May Cry)
Rad Spencer (Bionic Commando)
Viewtiful Joe

Capcom:

Deadpool
Thor
Doc Ock

I'd actually prefer if they used the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom engine. Just fits better, IMO.

And I wouldn't mind if they had like 12 character for each side. Here's my roster:

CAPCOM
Ryu
Chun-Li
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Samanosuke (Onimusha)
Arthur (Ghosts n' Gobins)
Ada Wong (Resident Evil 4)
Zero (the one from Mega Man X, not from the Zero series)
Frank West (Dead Rising)
Viewtiful Joe
Captain Commando
Phoenix Wright

MARVEL
Thor
Doctor Strange
Iron Fist
Miss Marvel
Super Skrull
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Hulk
Captain America (the Bucky version)
Iron man
Silver Surfer
Ghost Rider

I'd actually prefer if they used the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom engine. Just fits better, IMO.

And I wouldn't mind if they had like 12 character for each side. Here's my roster:

CAPCOM
Ryu
Chun-Li
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Samanosuke (Onimusha)
Arthur (Ghosts n' Gobins)
Ada Wong (Resident Evil 4)
Zero (the one from Mega Man X, not from the Zero series)
Frank West (Dead Rising)
Viewtiful Joe
Captain Commando
Phoenix Wright

MARVEL
Thor
Doctor Strange
Iron Fist
Miss Marvel
Super Skrull
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Hulk
Captain America (the Bucky version)
Iron man
Silver Surfer
Ghost Rider

that roster would piss me off, honestly.

The guy with the Mega Man avatar leaves Mega Man off of his list :wow:

My Marvel vs Capcom roster, I went with 13 per side and two secret characters for each side:

Marvel:
1) Spider-Man
2) Green Goblin (Gotta have a Spidey villain, Venom sucks, Doc Ock's arms would complicate things too much, and Goblin's glider could make for a cool character).
3) Iron Man
4) Captain America
5) Thor
6) Hulk
7) Wolverine
8) Storm
9) Magneto
10) The Thing
11) Invisible Woman
12) Daredevil
13) Dr. Doom

Capcom (sorted by franchise):

Street Fighter:
1) Ryu
2) Chun Li
3) M. Bison

Mega Man:
4) Mega Man
5) Dr. Wily

Final Fight:
6) Mike Haggar

Ghouls 'n Ghosts:
7) Arthur

Resident Evil:
8) Leon Kennedy
9) Wesker

Dino Crisis:
10) Regina

Viewtiful Joe:
11) Joe

Devil May Cry:
12) Dante

Breath of Fire:
13) Ryu

Secret Characters

1) Phoenix/Dark Phoenix
2) Galactus
3) Akuma
4) Captain Commando (of course)

Yeah, that would be my roster...I think its pretty good.

Last edited:

Heh. :hehe:

I would have, but I wanted to keep a smaller roster, big variety and preferred to use new characters.

Probably means nothing but Marvel entered into a 3 year deal with Tatsunoko last week to produce animes for its franchises. Capcom just released its latest crossover game Tatsunoko vs Capcom in Japan late last year. With the 3 companies connected through doing business with each other, I wonder if we could see Capcom create a crossover game featuring all 3 of them. I could definetly go for that

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...noko-marvel-aim-for-joint-tv-anime-in-3-years

Last edited:

My Marvel vs Capcom roster, I went with 13 per side and two secret characters for each side:

Marvel:
1) Spider-Man
2) Green Goblin (Gotta have a Spidey villain, Venom sucks, Doc Ock's arms would complicate things too much, and Goblin's glider could make for a cool character).
3) Iron Man
4) Captain America
5) Thor
6) Hulk
7) Wolverine
8) Storm
9) Magneto
10) The Thing
11) Invisible Woman
12) Daredevil
13) Dr. Doom

Street Fighter:
1) Ryu
2) Chun Li
3) M. Bison

Mega Man:
4) Mega Man
5) Dr. Wily

Final Fight:
6) Mike Haggar

Ghouls 'n Ghosts:
7) Arthur

Resident Evil:
8) Leon Kennedy
9) Wesker

Dino Crisis:
10) Regina

Viewtiful Joe:
11) Joe

Devil May Cry:
12) Dante

Breath of Fire:
13) Ryu

Secret Characters

1) Phoenix/Dark Phoenix
2) Galactus
3) Akuma

Great list, but one character I would want them to keep is Tron Bonne for Mega Man's side. She was awesome and one of my mains in MvsC 2. Make Dr. Wily another secret character.

I got really bummed when I came across a few of my old Dreamcast games including Marvel vs. Capcom 2. This was because I had already sold my dreamcast for a whopping $3. I would have kept it if I would have remembered what games I had. That was the only one worth playing though.

I bought MvC2 on ebay for the PS2, but that disc scares me as it made my PS2 make strange noises and finally my PS2 broke. So I don't know if it was the game or what, but I don't want to risk hurting my PS3.

Anyway, I hope that they make a MvC3 as well. If they kept the same style from back in the day, they could probably push a huge character selection. Of course, if they updated the graphics a lot, that would make the character selection more limited.

I want all the characters from the first two titles plus more to make it interesting.

I can't remember the whole roster, but here are a few characters that should be added (if they weren't already in the old games) in addition to the previous characters.

Marvel

Daredevil
Beast
Deadpool
Mr. Fantastic
Human Torch
The Thing
Ghostrider
Punisher
Ronin
Namor
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hawkeye
Falcon
Vision
Nightcrawler
Storm
She-Hulk
Electra
Moon Knight
Sasquatch
Dr. Doom
Mageneto
Doc Ock
Kingpin
Jigsaw
Red Skull
Bullseye
Carnage

Capcom

Mega Man X (Multiple versions of armor such as ultimate armor etc.)
Zero
Sigma
Leon
Dante
Veiwtiful Joe
All Street Fighter characters from SF2 including Vega, Sagot, etc.
Captain Commando

I'll be honest, I'm much more of a fan of the marvel characters than the capcom characters. That said, I wouldn't mind just a Marvel fighting game with tons of characters.

Or the greatest, Marvel vs. DC. That would be awesome.

With Activision making crappy Marvel games, I'm hoping Marvel will end their partnership with Activision and give their license to multiple developers, including Capcom, so we can finally see a MvC 3.

With Activision making crappy Marvel games, I'm hoping Marvel will end their partnership with Activision and give their license to multiple developers, including Capcom, so we can finally see a MvC 3.

Anyone know when it ends?

Sega and other publishers also makes Marvel games.

Matt, If There is a...Marvel Vs Capcom 3, don't you think that there should be more of Marvel's heroes that have actual...Martial Arts skills, than just DD? I would include....
Iron Fist
Shang-Chi
Blade
The Silver Samurai
Psylocke
Elektra

I would also add...The Punisher and Nick Fury, as they are 2 of my favorite heroes.

Marvel:
1) Spider-Man
3) Iron Man
4) Captain America
5) Thor
6) Hulk
7) Wolverine
8) Storm
9) Magneto
10) The Thing
11) Invisible Woman
12) Daredevil
13) Dr. Doom

Street Fighter:
1) Ryu
2) Chun Li
3) M. Bison

Mega Man:
4) Mega Man
5) Dr. Wily

Final Fight:
6) Mike Haggar

Ghouls 'n Ghosts:
7) Arthur

Resident Evil:
8) Leon Kennedy
9) Wesker

Dino Crisis:
10) Regina

Viewtiful Joe:
11) Joe

Devil May Cry:
12) Dante

Breath of Fire:
13) Ryu

Secret Characters

1) Phoenix/Dark Phoenix
2) Galactus
3) Akuma

good list but 4 street fighters won't cut it.

i'd expect they add ken and guile to that list at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"