Marvel vs. Capcom: A Thread of Two Worlds - Part 7

It's beyond stupid that they aren't in it or Storm. All of them are more known than Captain Marvel who I get they want to be their lead female but she isn't, not yet. As of right now I think Black Widow and Storm are marvels two most popular females and neither of them are on this initial roster for unknown and petty reasons. And as someone said earlier Scarlett Witch could basically be a good substitute for Jean especially the way the movies portray her.

How popular is Captain Marvel actually right now? I really haven't kept up with current Marvel. Only recently I actually found some videos on Marvel with, let's say "interesting" titles. From what I've gathered, Marvel is trying like crazy to make Captain Marvel happen, though they had to reboot her comic line several times, with sales being nothing to write home about.

No she's (carol danvers) captain marvel is just being pushed that way cause marvel via their movies and over all them selves are looking for their version of wonder woman . and that was before the wonder woman movie did well. Marvel made this clear at SDCC and befor that. it's something that's been missing for since joe q and bendis like to push the avengers are their version & answer to the justice league.

Last edited:
It's beyond stupid that they aren't in it or Storm. All of them are more known than Captain Marvel who I get they want to be their lead female but she isn't, not yet. As of right now I think Black Widow and Storm are marvels two most popular females and neither of them are on this initial roster for unknown and petty reasons. And as someone said earlier Scarlett Witch could basically be a good substitute for Jean especially the way the movies portray her.

I totally get Captain Marvel. And I'm glad she's in cuz otherwise there wouldn't be any new character that interests me.

but that shouldn't exclude other female characters. and this roster is severely lacking with the female characters on both the Marvel and Capcom side.

For starters, get the f** rid of Spencer and replace him with Trish...want a new gal? Then fine, Nina from Breath of Fire.

I totally get Captain Marvel. And I'm glad she's in cuz otherwise there wouldn't be any new character that interests me.

but that shouldn't exclude other female characters. and this roster is severely lacking with the female characters on both the Marvel and Capcom side.

Oh I agree I'm just saying I don't get how she's in over BW, SW, and Storm. But yes I've ranted about the lack of females on some earlier pages.

That might have more to do with capcom and most fighter games going the limited number fighters route , with the exception of King of Fighters XIV (
multipage.gif
5 )

which had 50 fighters at launch

Would be interesting to see what would happen, if this game were to utterly fail at launch. Do you think Marvel would stick to their guns and keep their no Mutant rule, or would the loss of money actually make them reconsider their stance?

Don't know but I'm not buying it and I kind of do hope it fails but maybe that's too harsh.

Hard to say Bill Roseman of marvel said some different from the capcom producer prior. it's hard to say it's all marvel. so ... we'll see what happens at launch . there might be people that just buy it regardless even though alot of people across the web are saying they aren't .

Last edited:
How popular is Captain Marvel actually right now? I really haven't kept up with current Marvel. Only recently I actually found some videos on Marvel with, let's say "interesting" titles. From what I've gathered, Marvel is trying like crazy to make Captain Marvel happen, though they had to reboot her comic line several times, with sales being nothing to write home about.

They've been pushing her for about a decade now. Her book doesnt sell well but she is arguably the line's lead female and has been for quite some time

Would be interesting to see what would happen, if this game were to utterly fail at launch. Do you think Marvel would stick to their guns and keep their no Mutant rule, or would the loss of money actually make them reconsider their stance?

The initial roster is already set. The rumor from months ago (which now seems true) was that the X-men would be DLC. Nothing on Marvel's part will change bc at this point the only way they will be included post-release is DLC

For starters, get the f** rid of Spencer and replace him with Trish...want a new gal? Then fine, Nina from Breath of Fire.

yes please!!!

if I recall, BOF 1 Nina used a sword/rapier in battle. so, you can combine that with her magic and create an interesting moveset for her.

plus, she's blonde!! :hmr:

I remember when Danvers was basically known as the flying brick with the big ass. Now as Captain Marvel she's pretty much their Wonder Woman.

The initial roster is already set. The rumor from months ago (which now seems true) was that the X-men would be DLC. Nothing on Marvel's part will change bc at this point the only way they will be included post-release is DLC

Yeah, I know the roster is set. But with Marvel being totally set on not having X-Men, I would've been surprised if we even get them as DLC, unless the game just sells poorly. Well, I hope that rumor is true.

two artilces one video one written

[YT]RLN7_6aErh4[/YT]
REAL TALK: What's Going On w/Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite

Check out our Livestream! http://twitch.tv/maximilian_dood
My official hardware provider is ASUS ROG, check 'em out!

[FONT=&quot]
Aslo with

safe_image.php

How Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will eliminate infinite combos Read more June 29, 2017

Capcom is trying its hardest to eliminate looping in its upcoming

Read more

Capcom is trying its hardest to eliminate looping in its upcoming fighter.

| 06/29/2017 02:00 PM PT

marvel-capcom-infinite-combo.jpg

Capcom is introducing two new systems into its upcoming mash-up fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, that will attempt to eliminate those pesky infinite combos.

For those unfamiliar with fighting game terminology, infinite combos happen when one player gets another player into a damage loop from which the other player cannot escape, due to the recovery time from an attack being slower than the startup for the next attack.

Infinite combos have been something of a staple in Marvel vs. Capcom games, but Capcom is looking to change that by not only introducing hit-stun deterioration but also by utilizing a prevention system that will automatically roll players out of a ground combo once it reaches 20 hits.
Hit-stun deterioration basically reduces the amount of recovery time an attack causes, so that with each hit in a combo, your recovery time gets shorter, allowing you to block or counter-attack after taking enough hits.

The purpose of these systems is to allow the “players to maintain engagement, which is the opposite of what happens when a player is put in an infinite combo,” according to producer Peter Rosas in a recent interview with Kotaku.
In other words, Capcom finally figured out that not being able to get out of a combo isn’t fun for most people, although the automatic roll-out seems like an extreme solution. This does seem to fit into Capcom’s desire to make the game a “great introduction to the [fighting game] genre as a whole, far more simplistic and technically easier to pick up and play.”

These fixes are only for ground combos, however, so it’s possible to get an infinite ground-to-air combo going, though that would be significantly more difficult to pull off.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will be coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on September 19th.
Source: PVP Live
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]source: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]maximilian_dood's Youtube channel & http://www.egmnow.com/

[/FONT]

yo I usual don't do meme like at all. but what your saying is the drake version of Goku doing this

19030561_10158772494680065_3545764106650142231_n.jpg

I honestly never thought I'd see the day where I am more excited for a DBZ game than MVC, but here we are.

I honestly never thought I'd see the day where I am more excited for a DBZ game than MVC, but here we are.
it happen with street fight and king of fighters for other's out side of the hype. it'll happen with many others too sadly . capcom isn't doing great in the chose making. we'll see the dlc is like though.

While we're on that subject...Spencer had one game...ONE FRICKIN' GAME...and it got terrible reviews and underperformed sales wise. And he's far from iconic.

Why...the hell...is he still in these games??!

That game was bad. The gameplay was OK at times, but the story was utter garbage and just crapped on the Re-armed PSN title that was actually good (though Re-armed 2 was awful too). I don't mind him being there, but I can't stand his god awful grunge look from that game. It's try-hard edgy nonsense (much like the script of the Bionic Commando game lol).

Give me the Re-armed 'Rad' Spencer like in the Shinkiro art from Re-armed and the dlc for MvC3.

latest

latest

I'd also add Super Joe as long as they're adding obscure characters like Spencer (hated how he was somehow the villain after Re-armed).

latest

Jedah is one of the best looking characters. I really wish they'd make a full fledged Darkstalkers game.

^ me too. it's due time for a new Darkstalkers game.

would like to see another Rival Schools game, too.

The video commentator is mistaken when he says Jedah is the 1st male DS character in a MvC game, since Anakaris happened.

Seeing Gamora in action today was great. Game looks slow, especially compared to MvC3, but it still looks really good in terms of gameplay imo. They have also clearly cleaned up the models.

Nice to see both Gamora and Cap Marvel.

Gamora and Jedah both look good.

still wish it had a more robust roster with characters I wanted ( Scarlet Witch, Magick, Psylocke, Gambit ).

since that leaked roster seems true, it seems like (Lady) Death will be on the roster?

she could be interesting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"