Mass Effect 3 - - - - - Part 14

hmm I thought it had more to do with what your shepard and admiral Anderson taught her and the fact after that she despised what Cerberus stood for as what most people thought about how they treated aliens as in them wanting all aliens wiped out, in ME2.

Any way all the way of reaction she had of killing rex just shows me her family really did a number of putting false blame on the problem they suffered from. again I don't care what any one says she took on the wrong occupation. it was the alliance military that made her grand father suffer cause they said he lost the war and made him feel shame about and what ever penatys they put on him for it. . and they chose to put the blame of that on aliens in general. But they bred her to be stupid along with their brain washing of xenophobia.

Last edited:
Ah, gotcha. Ashley in general bothers me, though. I mean, I know it's purely a political move by Udina to prop up humanity's rep, but nothing she does ever convinced me she was SPECTRE material.

I figured he got her the position as a last line of defense against Shepard during the coup.

I'm more surprised that she got to keep her position after her sponsor tried to murder the Council.

"Ashley not around to do your dirty work for you?" :hehe: :(

"Oh right! You killed her too!" :funny:

I thought they said you only lose that position of specter if you die. or do some thing like genocide to one of the Alliances planetary citizens . Isn't that the case? if I'm not correct.

Last edited:
Well, I guess anyone who accompanies Shepard on the field, goes through all the crazy stuff and lives to talk about it, is considered SPECTRE material.

I suppose--it just seemed off that most of your other squadmates get their own little moment in the sun (Garrus vs the merc groups, Liara becoming the Shadow Broker, Mordin being himself, etc.) but Ashley's notable moments were basically distrusting you and getting over it. Not saying it's a bad arc, but I honestly thought she'd have some kind of rallying moment later in the game where she steps up to the SPECTRE position and leads a charge into battle or something.

I figured he got her the position as a last line of defense against Shepard during the coup.

I'm more surprised that she got to keep her position after her sponsor tried to murder the Council.

Well at that point, she was either carted off to Hackett or onboard the Normandy with that "other" human SPECTRE, running off doing stuff--not their problem. Plus they were probably figuring out new ways to be as unhelpful as possible...

I thought they said you only lose that position of specter if you die. or do some thin like genocide.

Saren got stripped of his rank for "just" attacking a human colony. Shepard, on the other hand, did NOT lose his SPECTRE status for annihilating 300,000 Batarians...

oh yeah so it doesn't matter what the sponsor does. But one thing does bug me, the sponsor has to be a specter doesn't he/ she ? I thought that was the point of being inducted into that fold. Or their supposed to over see if that person is specter material and it's some one else that put that persons name on the list to be a specter that is the real sponsor. when I think about it now saren was more of a overseer then sponsor.

Last edited:
oh yeah so it doesn't matter what the sponsor does. But one thing does bug me the sponsor has to be a specter doesn't he/ she ? I thought that was the point of being inducted into that fold. Or their supposed to over see if that person specter material and some one that put that persons name on the list is the real sponsor. when I think about it now saren was more of a overseer then sponsor.

That may have just been with Shepard. Anderson got nominated by Alliance command until he was sabotaged by Saren, IIRC, so it makes sense that the Council wanted a little more oversight with the next one.

According to the ME wiki:

Each Spectre is hand-picked by the Council after proving that they are an individual of exceptional ability and self-reliance. In theory Spectres can be chosen from any race; in practice they are usually selected from the Council races. Having a Spectre chosen from their kind often raises a particular species' profile on the Citadel. Many alien races have been part of the Citadel for centuries without a Spectre being chosen from their ranks.

Ambassador Anita Goyle and later her successor Donnel Udina were both desperate to get a human into the Spectres, as this would be the first step toward humanity gaining a seat on the Council. The first possible candidate was David Anderson, but his observer, Saren Arterius, sabotaged the evaluation, falsifying his report to make Anderson look responsible for casualties caused by Saren's own ruthless tactics during the mission. After Saren submitted his report, the Council refused Anderson entry into the Spectres.

Getting inducted into the SPECTREs in ME1 was such a great moment.

ok see that's where my confusion stem from, like I said Saren was the one administering the test or seeing how the specter prospect handles him/her self or in Andersen's case . since our shepard had a better overseer. Any way That makes the specters more of an overseer to see if some one like shep or who ever it was who did it for Ash to be a specter. So the specter doing that job aren't sponsors at all .

It has to be some one from the council that's the sponsor. Unfortunately it was Udina that time. So those are two different situations.

Last edited:
I think either a Specter or somebody on the Council has to nominate somebody. In the case of Anderson (I haven't read Revelation all the way through) it sounds like the Human ambassador made a big enough stink that the Council agreed to nominate Anderson under Saren's observation.

It sounds like Udina did something similar with Shepard but with a willing Specter (Nihilus) serving as his sponsor.

That's fine I kinda figured the same. I want to know who Ashlee's specter overseer was? lol that's the person that says the person/ prospect pass's to become a specter or not . Unless killed like in Shepard's case. But I'm pretty sure Nihilus was going to pass him any way. Cause it's one of two things like I said you (your Shepard) and Andersen rubbed off on her enough that some one of her out look on life was changed and it showed and she passed as a specter that way especially with she said in ME 2 on Cerberus . Or she had one stupid over seer. of which the latter isn't likely to me. she has to interact with aliens to be one.

Last edited:
Well, I guess anyone who accompanies Shepard on the field, goes through all the crazy stuff and lives to talk about it, is considered SPECTRE material.

Yeah, I like to imagine that Garrus, Vega & Grunt (If the Genocide is cured/Wrex is alive & leading the Krogan) all became Spectres after ME3.

Yeah, I like to imagine that Garrus, Vega & Grunt (If the Genocide is cured/Wrex is alive & leading the Krogan) all became Spectres after ME3.

Grunt as a SPECTRE reminds me of that excessively polite Krogan on Illium after you take care of Pitne For.

:hehe:

Garrus for sure, but I'm not 100% convinced on the other 2. Don't know if they can do stealth quite as well when necessary.

Well, Grunt is the best Krogan warrior since Wrex. So if the Korgan were to nominate someone to be a Spectre, it'd be him.

If like to imagine that Vega didn't survive the finale battle of ME3.

Well, Grunt is the best Krogan warrior since Wrex. So if the Korgan were to nominate someone to be a Spectre, it'd be him.
Yeah, I'm kind of saying I don't know if Krogan in general are best suited for this kind of role. Let the top Krogan warriors command armies and be your ultimate fighting champions for wars and non-subtle confrontations while others are possibly better suited to the loner role of carrying out political goals anonymously, efficiently, discreetly etc & being capable of formulating the best strategy for completing military & non-military objectives without 'blowing the bloody doors off'! Turians, Asari & even Drell I think would be a better fit.

Last edited:
Yeah Krogan are a bit too aggressive to be SPECTRES.
The same has been said about wolverine and he even admitted it him self in the comic's that he's no good for under cover stuff cause his covers usually blown cause of his personality when he did that for landune, luckmen and lake. yet marvel pushed him to be the leader of X-force for black ops. when what he really did when he was in weapon X was merc style works which a different thing.

But I don't the writers at marvel know the full details for what black op's entails in the full scope. Besides what they may have picked from call of duty possibly. apparently it's all about killing from how they talk on about it there, which isn't really the case. It's a lot broader and doesn't always deal with that at all.

Last edited:
So my Omega DLC hasnt become available yet... i just finished Rannoch missions... when does it come up?

Did you check your messages?

I thought Vega was totally fine, bought him along a bit and what have you. He's not my fav or anything but he didn't bother me honestly.

So my Omega DLC hasnt become available yet... i just finished Rannoch missions... when does it come up?

You need to talk to Aria at least once on the Citadel if memory serves.

You know, I actually didn't hate Vega. :o
I don't know if people hate him rather than just think his character is seriously underdeveloped compared to the other top characters.

To be fair most of the other characters had two games to get fleshed out and grow on the player.

I thought Vega was totally fine, bought him along a bit and what have you. He's not my fav or anything but he didn't bother me honestly.

You need to talk to Aria at least once on the Citadel if memory serves.

but I have, many times...every time i go to the C i talk to her.

Most of the new ones in Mass Effect 2 were great by the end of 1 game & they had to share time between 12 squad mates. He should have got more opportunity in a smaller squad, especially when all the other characters (apart from Edi who managed to be awesome within the confines of ME3) are already developed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"