Mass Effect 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tali's the hottest chick in the game though lol so it's not necessary. :o

26861381_nodding_gif.gif

new news my apologies if this was posted already.

'Mass Effect Team Assault' was a canned multiplayer FPS

(21 minutes ago)

In 2010, BioWare Montreal was developing a competitive, multiplayer first-person shooter called Mass Effect Team Assault, but it was reshaped into the third-person co-op mode that shipped in Mass Effect 3, according to a Kotaku report based on the iPad app The Final Hours of Mass Effect 3.

Mass Effect Team Assault saw four months of production before being presented to the Mass Effect hierarchy and transforming into Mass Effect 3's multiplayer skirmish mode.
Source: Kotaku

oh and I finally found that old article about the mp we have now for ME3's which was in it's first original form.

• News: New BioWare game a MP Mass Effect spin-off?
    Posted: Nov 18, 2010
    Online reports suggest mystery game teased yesterday isn't Mass Effect 3, but a new entry in the series targeting the multiplayer shooter market.
since it's way harder to find then when ign reported on it where they were more correct/accurate in wounding if it was gonna be for "ME3" or to be separate from it. point is yes they were planning for it long ago. so all that talk of it being tack on ? Now you know better.
I'm just really glad this made it to the game of ME3

oh and this new video was up on their face book. but just click the youtube url just under the pic/link.

Mass Effect 2

Here's a new, exclusive Mass Effect 3 trailer, giving you some inside pro-tips on multiplayer strategy. Enjoy!

e8tAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
Mass Effect 3: Multiplayer Strategy #1 - Enemies

e8tAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
www.youtube.comSenior Combat Designer Corey Gaspur and Gameplay Designer Eric Fagnan walk you through some of the various enemies you'll be facing in Mass Effect 3 multipla...

BTW How many of you vanguards charged at the mech's and banshee sp or MP? lol

Last edited:
Dragon Age II was fine for what it was, but it didn't feel like Dragon Age for me until the 3rd act. I really liked the tactical aspect of the combat and there were only 2 battles where I really had to think instead of mindlessly slashing away.

What the ending of ME3 tells me is I no longer have any reason to become invested in a story they're going to tell coz it's all for nothing. If they don't (at LEAST) release a proper epilogue for free that ties up the loose ends I'm not gonna be buying anymore of their games.

I was a huge fan of DA1 so DA2 was a huge letdown for me gameplay wise. But, I can see why others don't mind it so much. I think it would've been better received if it weren't named Dragon Age 2 and if they'd played it up as a franchise spin-off or something. Dragon Age Lite? lol

As for ME3, at this point I'd also be happy with some kind of epilogue or ending cutscene of some kind. Still images, whatever. It'd be better than the gaping hole of nothing we have now.

It's not often that I say this, but I totally don't understand how someone could like Dragon Age II. I mean if someone said they "thought it was okay" or whatever, I could get that. But to say you love it? I just can't wrap my head around it. The major problems in that game are numerous, and they run deep. Eh...but this isn't the place for that discussion.

Anyway...Mass Effect!

NEED....CERBERUS ARMOR PACKS!!!

Must...have Centurion HELMET!!

It's not often that I say this, but I totally don't understand how someone could like Dragon Age II. I mean if someone said they "thought it was okay" or whatever, I could get that. But to say you love it? I just can't wrap my head around it. The major problems in that game are numerous, and they run deep. Eh...but this isn't the place for that discussion.

Anyway...Mass Effect!

Yeaah, I'm with ya there.

Anyway, going to probably start my Insanity New Game+ playthrough soon. Looking forward to it.

Not looking forward to Banshees.

Yeah, I agree that the situations are totally different. At least ME3 actually plays like a Mass Effect game for 99% of it, unlike DA2 which was like completely different from DA1.

Thankfully.

DAII, gameplay wise, is miles better than DAO.

The combat in DAO is slow and dull, IMHO. Maybe it plays great on PC but I wasn't a fan of it on the console. I much prefer the action like gameplay of II...

I'd also take Hawkes again over a voiceless whoever.

Oh.. And the graphics... Much better.

I actually thought the graphics were a little worse. I liked the art style a lot though.

DAO was incredible for the PC. If anyone has a chance to play DAO it should be on the PC. Not to sound like the late Spock or anything but that's a case where the PC reigned supreme.

I mean the first game was definitely conceived with the PC in mind.

The combat in DAO is slow and dull, IMHO. Maybe it plays great on PC but I wasn't a fan of it on the console. I much prefer the action like gameplay of II...

I'd also take Hawkes again over a voiceless whoever.

Oh.. And the graphics... Much better.

See, I'm the opposite....I find the tactical combat of DA1 to be much more appealing than mashing the "A" button over and over again. *shrug*

which is the galaxy readiness number that matters? i have one that says around 6000, then two down it says closer to 4000

Bioware has a whole different problem with Dragon Age.

Vastly different, I'd say, from Mass Effect 3.

Dragon Age 2 sounds like it was letdown from start to finish. I'm not sure how much convincing it'd take for Dragon Age 3 to get back the ones they pushed away.

I'm aware of all that, I'm just noting that the company itself has very much soured on me with its last few releases (and the ensuing snark/callousness from devs to fan reactions).

See, I'm the opposite....I find the tactical combat of DA1 to be much more appealing than mashing the "A" button over and over again. *shrug*

Nah. Totally agree. The sad thing about the gameplay in Dragon Age II is that it could have easily had the same tactical depth as the first game, but in an obvious attempt to pad the length of the game, Bioware made the enemies come at you in waves, spawning in from different directions which completely negated whatever tactics you wanted to use.

P.S. I played Origins on the 360 and loved every second of it. Just throwing that out there.

which is the galaxy readiness number that matters? i have one that says around 6000, then two down it says closer to 4000

The bottom number is the one that'll ultimately tweak your ending.

Been away from the thread for a few days. Y'all have been busy, haha.

I caught bits of the Hudson interview, and from the sound of things it looks like people upset about the ending aren't going to get squat. His quote about how he liked the ending because of the "mystery" is an absolute joke deflection.

Seems like this is just going to go down as a fail for me. I'll be sure to keep it in mind when Dragon Age 3 comes around down the line, Bioware.

Yeah, you should see Bioware's forums. I think more than half of them are convinced they'll get some free DLC to fix things which I think is out of the question. I'd like it because I thought the last five minutes were a clumsily written and executed Deus Ex Machina, but I just don't see a company changing the ending of their game because it was badly received. I just don't think it's possible.

Also I swore off DA3 once I was done with DA2. ME3 was never going to factor into that, plus they are two separate teams within Bioware, so the quality or lack there of doesn't necessarily reflect upon the other.

[YT]TG0dR5KwNKU&t[/YT]

:woot:

Now that's just cheating. lol

Someone should edit that vid so it's a troll face underneath and you hear a "wuh-wah" sound. :whatever:

Still at least we know how Tali looks now (and she's attractive), even if some of the fans want to cry over a bit of photoshop.

I'd hardly call it a "bit of a photoshop." I mean, I don't really care either way, but it's a royalty free stock Google image with a couple of black lines on the face lol.

Even if you think she's hot or whatever, you have to admit it's totally lazy.

how the hell is my effect military strength only 3146? ive dont every side mission and am about to go to the cerberus headquarters? ive got most galaxies 100%

He did ,I've seen him say he said he did . weather he's done all the difficulty's however with his budies... and they did say to do multiple times.. and that's exluding that infiltrator ipad thing. among others to help that out. that master chiel did and I'm kinda doing now self.

Last edited:
no multiplayer, i was under the impression you could just collect everything and do all the missions and you could get over 5000

oh you said you played it or was that the demo you were talking about the whole time after you got the game? (that really miss leading man) and you thought that was still going into you galactic redeness? cause that one didn't count. well, "Now" you know what you have to do cory.

Last edited:
I'd hardly call it a "bit of a photoshop." I mean, I don't really care either way, but it's a royalty free stock Google image with a couple of black lines on the face lol.

Even if you think she's hot or whatever, you have to admit it's totally lazy.

Yeah, no argument there. I just don't think it's worth half the fuss some of the fans have made about it, even in game it's still just a photo and her looking attractive is a bonus. I'd have preferred to see her unmasked as an in game model if you romanced her, but at least we have this.

yea Zen, i was talking about the demo.

guess ill be playing some MP tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"