Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remain firm. Rose is the worst Star Wars character in any of the movies, and The Last Jedi is the worst Star Wars movie by a lot.

Kelly didn’t deserve any of the personal attacks she received though. Neither does Rian Johnson.

I remain firm. Rose is the worst Star Wars character in any of the movies, and The Last Jedi is the worst Star Wars movie by a lot.

Kelly didn’t deserve any of the personal attacks she received though. Neither does Rian Johnson.
Nope and nope. in my opinion, I dont know how anybody could possibly think Jar Jar, one of the goofiest, and unneeded characters of all time is better than Rose is baffling to me. Someone already mentioned how Jar Jar was also a racial stereotype and that just makes it even worse. Rose had a purpose, and the actress was good. I also refuse to think that a film as boring and dull as Attack of The Clones is better than The Last Jedi. The Last Jedi has leagues better acting, action, story and overall feel. its not a perfect movie, and I definitely find the Force awakens to be a better movie (force awakens is in my top 3 star wars films ever), but The Last Jedi is still better than attack of the clones and all of the prequels for that matter. And I say this as someone who likes the prequels for what they are! Also, the fact that Luke isn't the same optimistic person he was 40 years ago along with the fact nobody is perfect, even our heroes, won't change my opinion on that. In fact, it makes sense to me.

This is all my opinion of course haha

Last edited:
NOBODY should be publicly treated the way Kelly Marie Tran was. But that character is the worst character in the franchise by a lot IMO. Way worse than Jar Jar. Signing onto a movie like that invites the possibility of massive rejection. It’s wrong, but there’s always that risk

I liked Rose just fine. She was fun and earned her keep in the franchise as much as any of the prequel trilogy's new characters, many of whom were lame cartoons. That ain't the point, though. The point is that Rose>Max Rebo>Jar Jar>Poochie the Dog>Grace.

Nope and nope. in my opinion, I dont know how anybody could possibly think Jar Jar, one of the goofiest, and unneeded characters of all time is better than Rose is baffling to me. Someone already mentioned how Jar Jar was also a racial stereotype and that just makes it even worse. Rose had a purpose, and the actress was good. I also refuse to think that a film as boring and dull as Attack of The Clones is better than The Last Jedi. The Last Jedi has leagues better acting, action, story and overall feel. its not a perfect movie, and it has its flaws, and I definitely find the Force awakens to be a better movie (force awakens is in my top 3 star wars films ever), but The Last Jedi is still better than attack of the clones and all of the prequels for that matter. And I say this as someone who likes the prequels for what they are! Also, the fact that Luke isn't the same optimistic person he was 40 years ago along with the fact nobody is perfect, even our heroes, won't change my opinion on that. In fact, it makes sense to me.

This is all my opinion of course haha
At least you have good taste in superhero movies :o

The Last Jedi suuuuuucked

But in my opinion, the prequels are unwatchable. The Last Jedi was decent and interesting

I don't think the character was bad but the plot she was written in was terrible. No one deserves personal attacks, specially the actor who have no say in character or plot. Kelly did a phenomenal job, I can clearly see why they casted her. Unfortunately, the story itself couldn't live up to her performance. I just made a large post in the patterson thread pointing out how much a performance relies on writing and direction. Good acting + bad writing + poor direction = bad performance.

But in my opinion, the prequels are unwatchable. The Last Jedi was decent and interesting
Pretty much agree. half of last jedi is amazing, half is terrible. Just a matter of which side wins out for you. It's a failure of a film as a whole, but there is greatness there while the prequels are bad but at least they're consistent and well balanced.

So much of this Batman film relies on Matt Reeves skill at creating and bringing together a vision that the audience needs. That's not an easy thing to do. Hopefully it would be more coherent then Jedi.

Can’t believe people actually enjoy storytelling like they displayed in The Last Jedi, and sincerely hope that mindset doesn’t make its way into superhero movies. That mindset of subverting expectations just to subvert them, not because it services the story. Sometimes the best plot points are the most obvious, Rian Johnson didn’t ****ing get that. So glad his Star Wars trilogy will never happen lmao.

Yeah, TLJ is pure trash. I honestly debate on which movie is worse: Attack of the Clones or TLJ. And I honestly can't figure it out. Both are just laughably terrible. I'll take Ep 1&3 over it, and those movies are pretty bad.

Can’t believe people actually enjoy storytelling like they displayed in The Last Jedi, and sincerely hope that mindset doesn’t make its way into superhero movies. That mindset of subverting expectations just to subvert them, not because it services the story. Sometimes the best plot points are the most obvious, Rian Johnson didn’t ****ing get that. So glad his Star Wars trilogy will never happen lmao.
but...that's the SW movie that made me go...oh, so this is officially like every other copy pasted modern blockbuster, especially superhero movies. yo momma crank call xD lol what a riot

Reeves's intent on something more substantial is more than welcome.

So with that BATMAN MOVIE I was thinking who should be the DP?

I'd be good with him sticking with his Apes DP Michael Seresin, tbh. Not only did he do a great job on those movies, but he and Alfonso injected some much-needed gothic horror vibes into the Harry Potter aesthetic all those years ago...

tumblr_nn5cmvf4VV1rz7ailo2_500.gif

I think it'll probably be one of these
-Michael Seresin
-Roger Deakins (if Reeves can persuade him)
-Greig Fraser
-Lawrence Sher.

I'd be good with him sticking with his Apes DP Michael Seresin, tbh. Not only did he do a great job on those movies, but he and Alfonso injected some much-needed gothic horror vibes into the Harry Potter aesthetic all those years ago...

tumblr_nn5cmvf4VV1rz7ailo2_500.gif

Very true! Seresin would be a great choice for the film and he's the one I'm expecting will get the job.

However part of me would love to see Jarin Blaschke get the job, based on his incredible camerawork in The Witch. Apparently he also knocked it out of the park with The Lighthouse.

Kinda hoping Seresin is the cinematographer. Although he's 76 now, who knows if he'd want to work on something as complex as Batman 24/7 for months but hey Scorsesse is still making films so!

Kinda hoping Seresin is the cinematographer. Although he's 76 now, who knows if he'd want to work on something as complex as Batman 24/7 for months but hey Scorsesse is still making films so!

I think Seresin is a very likely candidate for the cinematographer for this film. However, considering that Reeves is planning for a trilogy of films with Pattinson that will take the better part of the coming decade, I doubt Seresin will be D.P. the entire time.

Yeah, the only way in which maybe he doesn't get hired is because of Reeves wanting someone younger to guarantee to preserve the cinematography of the first film throughout the whole trilogy.

Yeah, the only way in which maybe he doesn't get hired is because of Reeves wanting someone younger to guarantee to preserve the cinematography of the first film throughout the whole trilogy.

Possibly, but I'm not sure that'll be the case. I mean, Seresin stayed onboard with Reeves for both Planet of the Apes films and there are some noticeable differences visually and stylistically from Dawn and War. He might start with Seresin and then select a different D.P. along the way if Seresin opts to retire or something after the first or second film in the trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"