Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that Reeves is focusing more on Gotham's loonies than the previous films. Burton kept killing them and Nolan glossed over them after the second movie.

Last edited:
The neurotic ticks of the Mad Hatter seems more like something Serkis would do versus a Penguin.

If he’s Alfred then they definitely are doing Earth One.

There's nothing about Serkis that'd even remotely suggest to me Earth One big military style can kick your ash physically Alfred.

There's nothing about Serkis that'd even remotely suggest to me Earth One big military style can kick your ash physically Alfred.
Lolwut

upload_2019-6-26_4-19-29.jpeg

This guy is whooping any previous Alfred and anyone else vying for the part.

We just had two military Alfreds in a row (four if we're counting Gotham & Pennyworth), I was hoping we'd get a B: TAS Alfred this time

Judging from my screen name, I've been a big fan of Serkis since 2002 in an indie series of films known as the LOTR trilogy.

I'd love to see Smeagol take on any number of roles in The Batman. He's got my support.

For the record even Btas alfred had military/spy experience. The real question is do we want more the traditional butler ?

WGTC is going nuts with the made-up rumors lately.

It might be a good idea to have an "Everything We Know So Far" thread just to separate the more reliable info from the less credible scuttlebutt out there. Maybe I'll get on that myself when I'm feeling less lazy. lol

You never know, Jet could be wrong, and Reeves might surprise us all and lean in heavily on the fantasy elements, with Serkis indeed providing mocap for Clayface, Manbat, Croc, Grundy, etc.
Reeves continuing his streak of vfx-heavy characters would be a dream on this franchise. So many to cover. I can only imagine the magic WETA can come up with under Reeves' deft direction.

Tangentially related, but I saw this awesome concept art over at ArtStation:

david-paget-clayface2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"