Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little disappointed they couldn't make the 80th anniversary, but I guess that leaves them plenty of time to get their affairs in order. This film is crucial in marking the new era of DC, as many offshoot IPs will depend on its success.
Hitting the 80th Anniversary would have been cool, but I can't fault WB for finally realizing that the "We HAVE to make this date" mentality simply hasn't worked out for them.

I don't care about anniversaries. Great movie is all that matters.

I hope this movie(and it’s sequels) stirs up a new era of Batmania.
I want hyped and celebrated Batman movies goddamnit

I'd love to see Batmania strike again too, though I kind of have my doubts if it could reach 89 or even 2008 heights again at this particular moment in time. The thing with Batmania is it's like a total public obsession where it becomes the pop culture epicenter. It's a very different pop culture landscape now, even from what it was 10 years ago. There is just so much competing for that spot.

So it definitely won't automatically happen even if Reeves makes a holy-sh** great film. Lightning really has to strike there- pop culture phenomenons happen when it's the right film at the right time. As someone nostalgic for the glory days of Batman's cinematic history though, I'd love to see the tradition continue and see a Batman film that people can (very generally speaking) universally lose their minds over.

Last edited:
If they make a decent movie, that connects with the audience - the audience being kids, teenagers, young adults - a film prints don't mind their kids watching but will also enjoy themselves, you have hit gold.

I remember the summer batman forever came out - sure, times have changed - but this beast can look so different to marvel, it can looks cool on camera, if they just dial back the 'sensible realism' and give us something - for want of a better word 'cool and fun'.

The batmania can explode - batgirl, joker, robin - the bat wing, i mean so much for everyone.

I wish, my wish is for Affleck to stay and this movie feel like a standalone, it's its own thing - set in gotham and not setting up anything else.

I personally would love a story line where Bruce takes down the court of owls - the evil behind the shadows - a network that is tainting court houses, business and politics and i would love a die hard, leon vibe.

I personally would love a story line where Bruce takes down the court of owls - the evil behind the shadows - a network that is tainting court houses, business and politics and i would love a die hard, leon vibe.

Would love something like that. Certainly want to see the Court of Owls at some point :up:

"Uh....Yeah. The title of the movie is still The Batman....We think.... Here's a logo poster with no release information.....K bye."
--WB at SDCC.

"Uh....Yeah. The title of the movie is still The Batman....We think.... Here's a logo poster with no release information.....K bye."
--WB at SDCC.

And that'll still be enough to generate weeks of fresh debate on the internet! :funny:

I would love some solid news at comic con, but I am not expecting anything.

It's been a year and a half since Matt Reeve's hiring, I hope they will give a release date at the very least!

I know he hasn't been working on it since January of last year, but come on. Also, if it's likely releasing in 2020, 2 years isn't too early to announce a release date.

I'm not expecting anything Batman-related out of Comic Con. Just have a feeling about it.

It's been a year and a half since Matt Reeve's hiring, I hope they will give a release date at the very least!

I know he hasn't been working on it since January of last year, but come on. Also, if it's likely releasing in 2020, 2 years isn't too early to announce a release date.

Most definitely.

This project is one of those I’m half paying attention to hoping to be pleasantly surprised by a start of principle photography announcement.

Comic Con is about to go back to being focused on the comics. It's becoming clear that studios are about done with this.

Comic Con is about to go back to being focused on the comics. It's becoming clear that studios are about done with this.

Lord Feige has promised a big Phase 4 layout reveal a la El Capitan for next year's SDCC. :p

Lord Feige has promised a big Phase 4 layout reveal a la El Capitan for next year's SDCC. :p

Hmmm. Maybe all is not lost on the movie front but I definitely am not feeling good about this year. DC could really show up big, but they're DC so....Who can trust them to deliver?

Hmmm. Maybe all is not lost on the movie front but I definitely am not feeling good about this year. DC could really show up big, but they're DC so....Who can trust them to deliver?

Yeah, this is the first time since joining the Hype that I've been kind of lukewarm on the whole thing, and that was way back during the Batman Begins days.

What would be nice is a much-needed update on the Reeves film (which absolutely must confirm or nullify Ben's possible involvement w/ the project once and for all); a Superman sequel announcement; and maybe a little something on the nascent prestige label we've all been hearing so much about these days. What are they calling it? DC Black?

Nothing against Aquaman and Shazam. I'm sure their respective teasers will be somewhat enjoyable, but I've honestly never been a real fan of either character. So, the excitement factor is all but nonexistent for me there. We'll see, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"