Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather they didn't rush it. We can always rewatch the nine previous Batman films while we wait.

If the film loses 5% quality due to going faster than he wants then I'll be really pissed off. Make a great Batman film and don't have an overly strict deadline.

Based on the images, we can now confirm that The Batman will be a remake of the 1966 Batman film.

Kidding, of course, but liked those images. I can't tell if the Catwoman between Penguin and Riddler is meant to be Lee Meriwether or Julie Newmar, though. Maybe Meriwether because she had brown hair in the movie?

There's a fine line between taking your time to get it right and dragging your feet...

In fact, I think taking too much time to work on something can actually have equally bad results, as you can start to overthink it and do a million drafts and diluting whatever good ideas you had in draft 2.

I'm sure there are tons of screenwriters who could write a good Batman story in 6 months. He's not reinventing the wheel or creating a whole new character/universe. There's literally decades of material to draw from.

The guy has had the job for over a year and a half now. Granted he couldn't start until August at the earliest, but still, asking to start shooting movie almost two years after getting the job is by no means "rushing."

Based on what was said in the original ROTF article, it sounds like the interest was a while back and nothing really came of it.
It better be true. And I'd rather have it as "Matt Reeves is interested in...", not WB...

I mean pretty much every Batman fan is aware of Harrington. There’s a reason he isn’t a popular choice for the role. It’s not some Ledger/Keaton situation where it’s an out of the box choice, it’s actually just a sh***y idea.

The "digital mockups" aspect of the report is slightly comforting, though. I appreciate that the studio is trying to get an idea of what potential Batman actors might look like behind the cowl.

I mean, if they're looking at actors in that height range just give the role to Isaac.

Harrington would make for a better Nightwing, IMO.

I warmed up a bit towards Isaac as Batman. I still believe they need to consider other options, but if Isaac ends up being Batman, I will probably accept it. Besides I really love the actor. Great screen presence and he delivers when script allows that.

Height isn't concern for me. Movies are movies. Illusion.

Would he really wanna limit himself again so soon after the Game Of Thrones commitment ?

Robles also expanded a bit more on the third rumored choice he's thus far been hesitant to reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"