MCU X-Men - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realisticly speaking is Tom Hardy even interested in the character? He seems way more into Venom than Logan. If Venom is a success than don't think Tom Hardy will play him, but you never know he could pull a Josh Brolin.
I don’t thonk so considering Brolin is CGI as Thanos. I don’t think Disney would want Hardy playing an MCU role while being Venom especially since that is a SpiderMan character which already confuses people whether it ties into the MCU

True. A less famous actor born 1989 or later would be more forward looking.
Who can we think of that age who's actually good and no taller than Elevator Shoes Downey?

The person I just suggested for one. For another off the wall choice I'd go with Shia Leboeuf someone who wouldn't look like a total perv making on a young Jean Grey is also important.

The person I just suggested for one. For another off the wall choice I'd go with Shia Leboeuf someone who wouldn't look like a total perv making on a young Jean Grey is also important.

The character of Wolverine shouldnt be making out with Jean. Let that triangle die with the old franchise

The character of Wolverine shouldnt be making out with Jean. Let that triangle die with the old franchise
wasn't that a thing in the comics or was that a FOX only thing?

one question I have is that will the x-men be superfans of the Avengers like spiderman, Will they be aware of them at all, or will they just not care about them?

wasn't that a thing in the comics or was that a FOX only thing?

It was barely a thing in the comics and was blown out of proportion by the movies.

one question I have is that will the x-men be superfans of the Avengers like spiderman, Will they be aware of them at all, or will they just not care about them?

The Avengers are public figures; of course they will be aware of them. The only way they wouldnt is if they have been living under a rock for the past decade

It was barely a thing in the comics and was blown out of proportion by the movies.

The Avengers are public figures; of course they will be aware of them. The only way they wouldnt is if they have been living under a rock for the past decade
the funny thing is that them living under a rock this whole time is actually a possibility LOL. We won't know until thery're actually introduced.

the funny thing is that them living under a rock this whole time is actually a possibility LOL.

Yeah, maybe the Blob sat on them twelve years ago and Prof X hid him from every human who walks by so they don't form a lynch mob. That's why they're in their late 20s and haven't done anything. :oldrazz:

Yeah, maybe the Blob sat on them twelve years ago and Prof X hid him from every human who walks by so they don't form a lynch mob. That's why they're in their late 20s and haven't done anything. :oldrazz:
By living under a rock I was thinking maybe they've been living on Genosha or Asteroid M this whole time. Admittedly I don't want this, but my point is it's as much of a possibility as anything else right now.

People like to fan cast Tom Hardy for everything. Even when the James Bond thing was going around, I could never see it.

By living under a rock I was thinking maybe they've been living on Genosha or Asteroid M this whole time. Admittedly I don't want this, but my point is it's as much of a possibility as anything else right now.
that still doesn’t make sense why they’d have zero knowledge of The Avengers. They weren’t tuned into any news for nearly a decade?

I guess mutants being controversial would be pretty logical when having to register if you have & want to use superhuman abilities is already the law (although some of the public still likes Captain America despite him defying the law).

The characters being big fans of each other feels like a marketing tactic Disney will probably want to continue.

I guess mutants being controversial would be pretty logical when having to register if you have & want to use superhuman abilities is already the law (although some of the public still likes Captain America despite him defying the law).

Exactly!
Captain America is controversial for breaking the registration law, but a large percentage of the population still loves him because he's a WW2 hero who also saved New York from alien. Mutants start as 14-15 year-old kids, so inability to control their powers is rational grounds to fear them. Xavier's plan would be to swoop in and find all these adolescents before they hurt normal humans, hoping to make them as responsible as Captain America.

It wasn't a thing until the 90s cartoon.

No there wasnt much of one in the cartoon. Like the comics, it amounted to Wolverine pining away for her but she was firmly with Scott with Logan never being an option. It wasnt till the movie that they downplayed Scott and wrote it like she was meant to be with Wolverine.. That wasnt the case for the comics or cartoon

Ansel Elgort as Scott Summers
Olivia Cooke as Jean Grey
Ezra Miller as Bobby Drake
Cameron Monaghan as Hank McCoy
Luke Benward as Piotr Rasputin
John Boyega as Warren Worthington III
Hailee Steinfeld as Kitty Pryde
Zoey Deutch as Anne Marie
Ryan Potter as Kurt Wagner
Jack O'Connell as Logan
Lana Condor as Jubilation Lee
Brandon Larracuente as Remy Lebeau
Wallis Day as Emma Frost
Lindsey Morgan as Raven Darkholme
Tyler Hoechlin as Victor Creed
Keke Palmer as Ororo Munroe

The characters being big fans of each other feels like a marketing tactic Disney will probably want to continue.
Being completely honest with you I might vomit in my mouth a little If I ever saw a prof x or cyclops gushing about the avengers. It just feels wrong TBH. Can you imagine the x-men having captain America funko pops in their rooms? I hope they don't go that route since the last thing I want to see is the x-men groveling to the Avengers Homecoming-style(sorry if that came off a little harsh). I'm fine with them liking each other professionally, but if its going to be a Fanboy and Idol type relationship than....

Being completely honest with you I might vomit in my mouth a little If I ever saw a prof x or cyclops gushing about the avengers. It just feels wrong TBH. Can you imagine the x-men having captain America funko pops in their rooms? I hope they don't go that route since the last thing I want to see is the x-men groveling to the Avengers Homecoming-style(sorry if that came off a little harsh). I'm fine with them liking each other professionally, but if its going to be a Fanboy and Idol type relationship than....
Kinda like Storm having a poster of and idolizing Mystique?

That was definitely barf-worthy too.

I actually think it would make sense for Captain America to be a hero to the mutants given the side he took in Civil War, like the Harriet Tubman to Professor X's Martin Luther King, Jr., or at least the closest equivalent that they have. I don't think the X-Men should aspire to be The Avengers, though.

A small thing I'd like to see more of is the various X-Men speaking other languages. We got a healthy dose of that in First Class with Erik, and those were some of the coolest scenes in the franchise. And it was rad seeing Storm speak Arabic. With a cast of characters from all over the world, it seems like a no-brainer.

It bugged me in Logan that Logan doesn't speak Spanish, even for a guy as old and well-traveled as him. Made him seem like kind of a hick. Wolverine is no hick. I recently rewatched the scene in Origins where he meets Gambit, and realized Logan should've greeted him in French. He's over 100 pre-memory loss and Canadian, Gambit's Cajun, and they're in New Orleans. Have Remy comment on Logan's accent. It wouldn't have saved that s***show of a film of course, but it would've added a little something.

True. A less famous actor born 1989 or later would be more forward looking.
Who can we think of that age who's actually good and no taller than Elevator Shoes Downey?

Jack O'Connell as Logan
That was the first name that came to mind. He has kind of a boy-next-door look, though. I had a hard time buying him as a mysterious stranger with a dark and violent past in Godless.

Another talented short actor close to the age MasterCat suggested would be Jamie Bell. But he also looks and sounds kind of boyish. Of course if we're all willing to pretend Inhumans never happened, Iwan Rheon might be an option worth considering.

... I can see Logan having been like Jack O'Connell's character from Skins before WWI and an Unbroken-level survivor. Good call.

I’m kind of ready for a mature cyclops I reckon. We’ve seen teen cyke in the last few xmen flicks. I’m looking forward to John Conner at the start of terminator 2 esque Cyclops

Hiding from every world-ending crisis when two of them happened in the state you live in and you have a Blackbird isn't very mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"