MCU X-Men - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiding from every world-ending crisis when two of them happened in the state you live in and you have a Blackbird isn't very mature.
Depending on the age, they'd likely be teens by the time A1 happened. A2 was kinda not publicly out there and on the other side of the world. IW wasn't that public either. But this is all assuming they'd be completely prepped for battle like that or have the blackbird, which isn't necessarily a given. If mutants aren't known about yet, I think there's no reason for Xavier to train a paramilitary attack squad. Train them to control and use their powers properly, sure. Train them to fight aliens with them, not so easy.

Kinda like Storm having a poster of and idolizing Mystique?

That was definitely barf-worthy too.
LOL who says I like that choice? One doesn't excuse the other buddy. Another reason why I don't want this is because it will just be redundant if every new teen marvel character is a super fan of the avengers. They should go in a different direction IMO.

I’m kind of ready for a mature cyclops I reckon. We’ve seen teen cyke in the last few xmen flicks. I’m looking forward to John Conner at the start of terminator 2 esque Cyclops

Agreed. Its about time he got the respect he deserves. I watched the OT recently and its cringewothy just how dirty they did him

What about Ralph Fiennes for Magneto.

Voldemort was great practice for the Master of Magnetism.

I've heard Fiennes tossed about for both Mags and Chuck. He's a bit safe for my tastes.

Terrible choice. Why would Erik be 60? Why would Voldemort be good practice?

How about James D'Arcy for Mags?

Who would you have in mind for Storm?

Im not attached to anyone but Sonequa Martin-Green has a good look

sonequa-martin-green-emmys-640x906.jpg

Way too old. Her powers would have manifested between 2000 and 2007, depending on how much younger adults characters are assumed to be than their actors.

Strongly against the X-Men being 30+ in their first movie

Halle Berry was 33 and Famke Janssen 35 filming the first X-Men. Rehashing that in a shared universe that will have 11 years of interconnected backstory when Peter Parker graduates high school is the worst decision possible.

The worst? Talk about overly dramatic. They could go with a 45 year old Anika Noni Rose

ZmIyOGYwYmEwMCMveDAwVEROODBONjRMOWxEN052U0M5aHRYQVJ3PS8zNHg3MDE6NDk2NngzMjEzLzgwMHg0NTAvZmlsdGVyczpmb3JtYXQoanBlZyk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCkvaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL3BvbGljeW1pYy1pbWFnZXMvNHMyZ2RjdHNhbW5qcnVkdHQxbml4dGM4YjZ4dXBwaXZxbzB2aGRsMmVmaW1saWkxanU0bnN1azBmamV2cnR2Zi5qcGc.jpg

Storm shouldn't be a decade older than all of the core members...

Im not attached to anyone but Sonequa Martin-Green has a good look

sonequa-martin-green-emmys-640x906.jpg

She would be a good look. I don't watch Star Trek to know her acting chops but she definitely has the look for an MCU Ororo.

That woman could easily pass for her twenties.

The worst? Talk about overly dramatic. They could go with a 45 year old Anika Noni Rose

Hey, you're right; actors who would be 49 in 2021 would be even worse than actors in their mid-30s!

Seriously, this pitch sounds like Nicholas Cage as Superman fighting a giant spider. We're going to reboot X-Men with 35-year-old actors and not explain 20 years of backstory just like the first film, and this one will be better because... no Magneto?

Hey, you're right; actors who would be 49 in 2021 would be even worse than actors in their mid-30s!

Seriously, this pitch sounds like Nicholas Cage as Superman fighting a giant spider. We're going to reboot X-Men with 35-year-old actors and not explain 20 years of backstory just like the first film, and this one will be better because... no Magneto?
:up:

Though I would like a primarily younger team of 18-21-year-olds, I think Storm is one of the characters who can be a bit older. I'd love to see her introduced in Black Panther, living as a weather goddess in the Wakandan wilderness, before joining the X-men. So the X-men would consist of Xavier (in his 50's), Storm as his deputy (in her late 20's/early 30's) and then the first class of five teenagers.

Though I would like a primarily younger team of 18-21-year-olds, I think Storm is one of the characters who can be a bit older. I'd love to see her introduced in Black Panther, living as a weather goddess in the Wakandan wilderness, before joining the X-men. So the X-men would consist of Xavier (in his 50's), Storm as his deputy (in her late 20's/early 30's) and then the first class of five teenagers.

One thing missing from previews films is the regal, authoritative presence that she has. Thats something that comes with experience and age. I dont feel it can effectively be portrayed with a teen character which is why IA that she should be at least mid 20s. I think she'd be better as that, then some novice newbie just learning about her abilities

One thing missing from previews films is the regal, authoritative presence that she has. Thats something that comes with experience and age. I dont feel it can effectively be portrayed with a teen character which is why IA that she should be at least mid 20s. I think she'd be better as that, then some novice newbie just learning about her abilities

In X-Men Evolution, Storm, Beast and Wolverine were portrayed as older than the rest of the team, and it worked well.

In X-Men Evolution, Storm, Beast and Wolverine were portrayed as older than the rest of the team, and it worked well.

That Was a new universe that didn't need to be consistent with anything else.
The full list of superpowered mutants who were over 13 during The Avengers and Civil War should be Wolverine, Sabretooth, Mystique, Magneto, Xavier, and the Inner Circle (Wanda we already know the whereabouts of). Pushing that any further turns those films into Idiot Plots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"