MCU X-Men - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Was a new universe that didn't need to be consistent with anything else.
The full list of superpowered mutants who were over 13 during The Avengers and Civil War should be Wolverine, Sabretooth, Mystique, Magneto, Xavier, and the Inner Circle (Wanda we already know the whereabouts of). Pushing that any further turns those films into Idiot Plots.

I don't agree at all. You just need more imagination! I don't get why people think the X-Men are impossible to explain in the MCU.

She would be a good look. I don't watch Star Trek to know her acting chops but she definitely has the look for an MCU Ororo.

That woman could easily pass for her twenties.

She might have the look, but she is so dull on Star Trek Discovery and lacking in charisma. She would be a bore to watch.

Getting Storm's dynamic with the rest of the X-Men right (her friendship with Jean etc) should take priority over making the marriage between her and T'Challa not seem creepy.. It doesn't need to happen and Ororo should be peers with Scott and Jean not a mentor to them...

If you make Storm 30 then you have to age everyone else up too and they should not be 30 year olds at the start of a franchise that will last for 12-17 years. They should be young like they were in the comics when they started.

Agreed with all of that regarding Storm.

As far as casting goes Marvel will Not cast someone outside their 20s early 30s which is why I think someone like Kylie Bunbury she actually has a regal quality beyond her years:

b3oc3o.jpg

Last edited:
I don't agree at all. You just need more imagination! I don't get why people think the X-Men are impossible to explain in the MCU.

They're not: you just make all the mutants pubescent in or after the first film, except for Xavier and those who have to be his age or older.
What's impossibly stupid to explain is X-Men played by 35-year-old actors without all of SHIELD and the United Nations having Down Syndrome or Xavier being a mindraping bigot.

In X-Men Evolution, Storm, Beast and Wolverine were portrayed as older than the rest of the team, and it worked well.

You are right. It was a good decision for them to go that route with her

I don't need to see the core X-Men be 15-16 years old high-schoolers but I would prefer them in the age range of Ultimate X-Men i.e 17-22 yo kids. College kids. It's not as hard of a pill to swallow to imagine them having been a team for a few years (maybe they formed after Thanos attacked) as opposed to 28-30 year olds who have been doing missions for a decade and half with nobody noticing; who have been around since the first Iron Man movie

College kids would live at the colleges they attend, so you lose the setup of them living in a mansion called "Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters." But yeah, the really important part is that they were young enough that their powers manifested after the Thanos event.

They wouldnt need to live at an actual college for obvious reasons

Quick random question:

Does Harley Quinn have more of a pop culture relevance than say Storm? Asking for a friend.

As far as casting goes Marvel will Not cast someone outside their 20s early 30s which is why I think someone like Kylie Bunbury she actually has a regal quality beyond her years:

b3oc3o.jpg
I like this choice :up: :up:

I'm all for an older Storm. It actually makes sense for her character. Not many teen actresses have the gravitas to pull off the regality of Storm. And a lot of us want to see Black Panther and Storm together, so it'd make no sense for her to be a teenager.

That Kylie woman is gorgeous. I approve. Hope she can act

Quick random question:

Does Harley Quinn have more of a pop culture relevance than say Storm? Asking for a friend.

Without a doubt. Storm has been failed time and again by her cinematic appearances. Storm has the potential to be one of the biggest superheroines, and I think the MCU Storm will elevate her to that status.

They wouldnt need to live at an actual college for obvious reasons

Are they getting a university education living in Xavier's mansion? If so, who are all the professors? If not, why are they living in a place called a school and not getting higher education; what sort of villain is this Charles Xavier and why are their parents complicit?

Quick random question:

I would say so yes. At least in the past couple of years. As bad of a movie as Suicide Squad was, Harley made a big splash. Every white girl was Harley that Halloween. Storm has been relegated to a secondary character in the X-men films, she hasn't had that kind of pop cultural relevance.

b3oc3o.jpg

What's her acting like? I don't know her at all.

Without a doubt. Storm has been failed time and again by her cinematic appearances. Storm has the potential to be one of the biggest superheroines, and I think the MCU Storm will elevate her to that status.

to be fair, Harley has only been done once in cinema and that was in a flopped film that was critically panned.

Kylie Bunbury's Storm would have been an adult, and thus had her powers for years, by the time of The Avengers. SHIELD would literally have to be mentally disabled not to have gone after her.

to be fair, Harley has only been done once in cinema and that was in a flopped film that was critically panned.

But there wasn't a negative reaction to her portrayal, it was one aspect that was praised across the board. She was the standout of that movie. Remember Halloween that year? Everyone was wearing that costume. Go to your local mall, and you'll see a ton of Harley Quinn merchandise. No Storm merch to be found. Harley is a pop culture icon at this point. Storm will get there if MCU plays their cards right. And the best way to do that is to slowly build her up by first introducing her in Black Panther 2. Then bring her into the X-Men reboot where she'll already be established.

Kylie Bunbury's Storm would have been an adult, and thus had her powers for years, by the time of The Avengers. SHIELD would literally have to be mentally disabled not to have gone after her.

You're making this too complicated. An older mutant can literally be explained away with a sentence. Storm could've been under Wakanda's protection.

Are they getting a university education living in Xavier's mansion? If so, who are all the professors? If not, why are they living in a place called a school and not getting higher education; what sort of villain is this Charles Xavier and why are their parents complicit?

You do realize that all these questions you're asking could so easily be explained by a good writer. Feige's got contingencies for his contingencies. Any of these explanations won't be a problem at all.

Getting Storm's dynamic with the rest of the X-Men right (her friendship with Jean etc) should take priority over making the marriage between her and T'Challa not seem creepy.. It doesn't need to happen and Ororo should be peers with Scott and Jean not a mentor to them...

If you make Storm 30 then you have to age everyone else up too and they should not be 30 year olds at the start of a franchise that will last for 12-17 years. They should be young like they were in the comics when they started.

I don't think they need to be beholden to the exact dynamics of the comics. Personally, I think that giving Storm a major role in multiple franchises, giving her her own agency and agendas etc. would be the best thing for her character, and truly cement her as one of the big new heroes in the MCU. A friendship between herself and the younger X-men could develop in later films as they grow older and more experienced.

Maybe they did and she said no? Maybe they didnt know about her? If she lived in a simple life in a small Kenyan village, I dont see why she'd be on anyone's radar. You really do make things more complicated than they need to be

You do realize that all these questions you're asking could so easily be explained by a good writer. Feige's got contingencies for his contingencies. Any of these explanations won't be a problem at all.
Its like talking to a brick wall. He's committed to shutting down any theories or explanations for how things could work

You're making this too complicated. An older mutant can literally be explained away with a sentence. Storm could've been under Wakanda's protection.

I'm sure MCU Spider-Man being a 27 year old High-school professor could have easily been explained with a sentence or two. That doesn't mean there wouldn't be countless plot holes; countless articles and blogs trying to the tackle the question of how and why a Spider-Man has existed so long without the public knowing about him. (And the X-Men are not grounded street level heroes like Spidey. They are MUCH larger scale) Same goes for pretty much every MCU hero which is why nobody starts their franchise as seasoned veterans. Marvel starting the X-Men as 30 yo veterans in their first film of a decade and a half long franchise is something that would be unprecedented; that's not how they tell their stories.

I would say so yes. At least in the past couple of years. As bad of a movie as Suicide Squad was, Harley made a big splash. Every white girl was Harley that Halloween. Storm has been relegated to a secondary character in the X-men films, she hasn't had that kind of pop cultural relevance.

Valid points, but we're also talking about a character who's been around for more than 30 years, and idolized by black people too as the most recognized superhero that looks like us. I feel like Harley just got popular. The movies/cartoons helped but it doesn't make her necessarily bigger than Storm. I think she's eclipsing Catwoman, but even that could be a stretch.

But as we were...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"