• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Supergirl Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl/Kara - Part 1

Him guest-starring as her love interest has an added ick-factor when you take into account her testimony about his controlling jealousy and not wanting her to have romantic scenes with other actors.

The guy was up for Han Solo as well. What a creep.

She's very brave. She seems like such a genuine and kind person.

Chris Wood is a lucky to have her.

Melissa very bravely opened up today about her heartbreaking past experience with domestic violence, and she revealed the awful truth about that permanent eye injury she sustained in 2015. Trigger warning for violent details:

She is a superhero, and my heart goes out to her. Glad she seems to be in a good place and a happy marriage now. Blake Jenner can rot.

My God. That poor woman. It’s absolutely awful that she was put through that abuse and I hope Blake Jenner suffers consequences for a long, long time for it.

It was unbelievably brave of her to speak out about this. I could only hope to possess even a tiny bit of her courage if I was ever in a similar position. This seems almost trite to to say, but Benoist is truly a superwoman.

116161616-1.jpg

116161616-2.jpg

It seems that moving to Vancouver was not just saving the show, but saved Melissa as well.

It seems that moving to Vancouver was not just saving the show, but saved Melissa as well.
This came up in my FB newsfeed I've Represented Hundreds Of Women In Domestic Violence Cases. Here's What I Know. | HuffPost because the writer is a friend of my cousin. One of the sentences that stands out for me is "On average, it takes a victim seven times to leave an abusive partner before staying away for good." @Kelly you could be right that the show moving to Vancouver was the final thing that helped Melissa stay away for good.

"My son's generation" So they're having a baby boy.
In the pregnancy announcement the first week of March they were wearing blue. Chris also posted this at the end of March and said they’re having a boy.

Beautifully written, she reached out to Mehcad. If all you’re getting out of what she wrote is that she’s carrying a boy please read it again.

Last edited:
Last week Melissa did her first ever IG Live video, it was with Michelle Saahene one of the founders of From Privilege To Progress. The conversation was about anti-racism, internalized racism, complicity, and gaps in the education system that leave black people out of history. I didn't know Michelle's story and wasn't familiar with From Privilege To Progress so I'm glad Melissa starts the video by asking her to tell the story of why and how the organization started. It's almost 95 minutes so it's quite long but IMO worth the time. Throughout their talk Melissa listens a lot more than she talks but that's appropriate for the conversation they're having. I was aware that Melissa is well read but dang she reads some heavy books. You can actually see a friendship between these two women being formed in a little over an hour and a half.

Kara and Mon-El are married and having a baby? What!? I had no idea. Congrats to them

yeah... IIRC, she's due very soon

Melissa looks very pretty without makeup or little makeup. Has she ditched the bangs though? It looks like she has. Maybe it's lockdown hair.

It saddens me that the takeaways are not about the content of the video and the conversation that occurred.
Kara and Mon-El are married and having a baby? What!? I had no idea. Congrats to them
They got married last September with David Harewood officiating. Space dad J’onn married two of his adopted space kids. This is why Supergirl is scheduled for a “mid-season” premiere instead of the usual “fall” next season. As she said she’s due soon.

Melissa looks very pretty without makeup or little makeup. Has she ditched the bangs though? It looks like she has. Maybe it's lockdown hair.
She’s been in LA where salons have been closed since mid March so she hasn’t been able to legally get a haircut for almost four months. Yes, it looks like she hasn’t gotten an illegal haircut or DYId. We’ll have to wait to see what she chooses when a haircut is possible.

What's Kara doing with that big gun? And why does she need it instead of her heat rays?

I can see Melissa focusing on her family and moving to other projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"