Men In Black: International

If they play this right, MIB 23 could be a great satire towards the whole crossover concept.

Oh, they'll try, but I don't think it'll be as clever as Lord and Miller who actually understand these things.

I hope this lives up to its potential.

It won't. This is just a miscalculation. And it won't just **** up one franchise, but two.

If we have to talk about a cross over, even though it still wouldn't be a great idea, a Ghostbusters and Men in Black crossover just makes more sense. Tonally and stylistically both have similarities.

I haven't read the Men In Black comics but I heard that they handled more paranormal stuff than just aliens in the comics and a Ghostbusters crossover would be cool.

It won't. This is just a miscalculation. And it won't just **** up one franchise, but two.

If we have to talk about a cross over, even though it still wouldn't be a great idea, a Ghostbusters and Men in Black crossover just makes more sense. Tonally and stylistically both have similarities.

Of course GB and a MIB crossover sounds like it makes more sense but I think that is the running gag with this idea. Its such a ridiculous concept that all you can do is laugh at it.

Personally I dont see why they needed to even make it a cross over and not just have it that Hill and Tatum just end up working for the governments alien investigation unit. The idea of the MIB has been around a lot longer than the films.

Either way I liked the Jump Street films and look forward to seeing where this goes.

I won't lie, I will pay money to see it if only because they had the balls to actually move ahead with this thing.

That they don't have tonal and stylistic similarities is why it's so brilliant. And let's be honest, MiB isn't really a great franchise, just one pretty good movie.

This sounds so dumb.

Men In Black could have been revived easily without a gimmick. Now, presumably four leads will be jockeying from screenwriters for quality lines without coming off like a hokey forced mess.

MIB worked great (except for the sequel) with two main agents carrying the movie, ditto Jump Street.

Don't see this working without Lord and Miller.

This is one of the lamest ideas ever.

That they don't have tonal and stylistic similarities is why it's so brilliant. And let's be honest, MiB isn't really a great franchise, just one pretty good movie.

This is Sony and without Miller and Lord, these people aren't smart or clever enough to even make what you said come true. It'll be a jarring, total disaster where I do think the good will from the previous Jump Street films will actually be the thing that it parodied but without any clever self awareness. Oh, there will be self aware lines and references all right, but the question is will they actually be good? Right now, definitely not.

James Bobin is no slouch. He's just as responsible for Flight of the Concords and Ali G as Jemaine Clement, Bret McKenzie and Sasha Baron Cohen are.

Didn't know that but that's interesting. But that doesn't give me much more confidence. To me he could just be a Marc Webb situation. Seemingly good fit with the right sensibilities, only to be controlled by the studio who seem desperate to have their own cross over. And after Alice sequel's opening, in which it will disappoint, his power will lessen.

Most likely dead
“I had the idea, but I doubt that movie will ever get made. They’re trying to make all the deals, but it’s kind of impossible with all the Men in Black stuff. The Jump Street films were so fun to make and the whole joke of them was they were making fun of remakes and sequels and reboots and then now it’s become a giant sequel, reboot. It’s almost become what we were making fun of and it’s hard to maintain that joke when it’s so high stakes.”-Jonah Hill
http://collider.com/jonah-hill-jump...ersocial&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

LOL.......Sony is determined to cross something over aren't they.

I want to say thank Christ but somehow I think this will rear its ugly head one day.

it did not sound like a very good idea anyway.
I hope that it stays dead.

I think it's for the best. I just think it's an idea that sounds good in theory but would never work in reality.

screw this just give me MIB 1 back on the big screen and I will be happy :D

it did not sound like a very good idea anyway.
I hope that it stays dead.

never liked this idea. it would suck. and it would be another sony's flop. maybe even end of sony's studio.

I actually think that a standalone MIB IV could have potential. But I fear that a new Jump Street would get hit by the "third movie curse".

I wanted to see it happen out of morbid curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"