Modern Warfare 3 reveal in 5 days - Part 1

Is anyone having trouble downloading the new stuff ? I went to the store & it is telling me to download the maps. It is not letting me download the maps. I press a & nothing happens

Last edited:
I don't expect it to work well for at least a week, considering how rocky Elite has been.

I don't expect it to work well for at least a week, considering how rocky Elite has been.

I figured it out. You load up MW3. Go to Multiplayer & then the store. Then select both map packs & finally select confirm purchase. They start downloading. You do not need Elite to download these maps. It is done from within the game

Well, just to be clear you DO need an Elite subscription. Some people might be confused by your post.

Well, just to be clear you DO need an Elite subscription. Some people might be confused by your post.

Okay

You don't need to use the Elite app or go to the Elite website to get the maps

I realize I made myself sound like a *****e, but at the time I could see someone going, "What! I don't need Elite to get the Maps? OMG, that's so cool!".

If anybody has it on PS3 and wants to play survival mode add me... My PSN name is Moplaya

I finally got around to finishing the campaign a little while back. I thought it was pretty epic at parts and had some great level design choices, like the sandstorm and the plane crash and such. Other things I didn't like so much, as in...
Soap's death, for one. It felt flat and meaningless after he almost died at the start of the game already. I thought it should've been Price that died and Soap carries on as the main character. Soap was less generic than Price anyway, IMO.

Not a game breaker or anything, just a thought. Overall, the campaign was pretty sweet, even if it was short as balls (took me 4 hours...:o).

MP, on the other hand, I just can't get into. I know I'm in a COD thread so obviously almost everyone will love the MP, so I'm not gonna go on a whining rant about why I dislike it, but to be brief: I find it to be a bit "stale" and some of the spawns are just outrageously horrible. I guess I'm kinda over the "arcade-style shooter" thing.

We're what 3 months after the release and the spawns are still bad, its unexcusable.

I finally got around to finishing the campaign a little while back. I thought it was pretty epic at parts and had some great level design choices, like the sandstorm and the plane crash and such. Other things I didn't like so much, as in...
Soap's death, for one. It felt flat and meaningless after he almost died at the start of the game already. I thought it should've been Price that died and Soap carries on as the main character. Soap was less generic than Price anyway, IMO.

Not a game breaker or anything, just a thought. Overall, the campaign was pretty sweet, even if it was short as balls (took me 4 hours...:o).

MP, on the other hand, I just can't get into. I know I'm in a COD thread so obviously almost everyone will love the MP, so I'm not gonna go on a whining rant about why I dislike it, but to be brief: I find it to be a bit "stale" and some of the spawns are just outrageously horrible. I guess I'm kinda over the "arcade-style shooter" thing.

Soap's death was just Activision flipping off IW one last time IMO Capt. Price was untouchable cause his marketability is high

Heard there is a possibility of some campaign DLC for this. I wouldn't mind. The campaign was quite fun.

There are some 'Classified' slots on the content drop calendar so it's a possibility. Robert Bowling also hinted at the idea of there being some weapon dlc. They already have the AKs-74u, M14, M1911, M9, M240 and DB Shotgun in the campaign. I don't see why they just don't make them available for mp, I bet it's really easy to do.

And on a side not I just prestiged for the 11th time. Adding in new prestiges is such a cheap way to make this game last longer. They could have at least made all the 10 new emblems different instead of just adding a roman numeral at the top of it.

What is the maximum number of times you can prestige at the moment?

Nice. You're not too far off!

So I'm loving Overwatch.....Survival is pretty awesome....love how they made it more difficult but at the same time balanced..I love it

Yeah, I always wanted them to so it's cool that they've finally started. Really hope for survival based achievements next time.

Gah, I still need those two Survival achievements from the original 50. Just four more maps to do.

I just got the game on the PS3. Anyone want to help me with Spec Ops?

So, I rented this from gamefly, just beat the campaign, and I must say I am impressed, it was better than I thought it would be, and while still short it just felt longer to me this time, gonna try some MP now, got it for ps3 for any fellow ps3 gamers out there, psn id is same as my hype name

I liked the campaign a lot. Very easy compared to previous CoDs though even on Veteran.

Anyone else found it weird that frost wasn't involved in that last mission?

I beat the campaign this weekend and I have to say its the best one in the MW series for me. MUCH better than the dissapointment that was MW2. I definetly liked it better than KZ3, which was another dissapointment from last year

I didnt know there was a survival mode until I got the game. Is this how the Zombie mode was, just with live people instead?

Seems like Survival and Spec Ops might keep me from platinum. That stuff can be hard

I'd still say the original modern warfare campaign was better but yea I really loved mw3's campaign as well, definitely the best fps campaign I've played since kz2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"