Mass Effect 3 - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I know I said I didn't want any more spoilers than is necessary, but one thing's got me curious: Does anyone know how the hell the Alliance got its grubby paws on the Normandy SR2? I'm replaying ME 2 now and it mentions that the Illusive Man sunk the majority of Cerberus' resources into the ship. I can't imagine he'd be cool with handing it over to Shepard to commission into the Alliance fleet, effectively cutting off any future return on Cerberus' investment, and if Shep stole it, shouldn't Cerberus be hunting his ass down pretty much every second of every day to recover it?

Renegade Shep is a bit less clear to me, but with Paragon Shep there's not much the Illusive Man can do to track the Normandy. The crew, including Miranda/Jacob and EDI are pretty much loyal to Shepard at the end of ME2 and with its stealth capabilities he really doesn't have much say in where Shepard decides to take the ship.

Sounds a little simplistic. I would've thought he'd have put something in there to track it if Shep ever decided to turn on him or something. Plus, there's the quantum entanglement comm thing. Seems like he should be able to use that to get a general location of the ship, at least.

Maybe I'm overthinking it. Maybe the Illusive Man just sees the big picture well enough to know that letting Shepard do his thing is probably the best chance humanity's got. Cerberus supposedly has unbelievable resources, so I guess it could recover from even the loss of the Normandy somehow.

As far as Anderson and the Alliance are concerned they see both Cerberus and the illusive man as criminals especially after what kai leng did to him. I'm sure Shepard went beck to the alliance to warn them after arrival and take back that operative on that mission and they just ceased the ship. And I'm betting Anderson want's Cerberus to try and take it back.

In the mean time I'm sure the alliance wanted to take a look at the tech the ship had, and see what they can do to improve on it and make copies. And most of that crew Shepard had on board, I don't see them really fitting into Cerberus.

I bet the illusive most likely won't miss most of them. They seem to fall into the category they just fell into the job cause there wasn't another job that would take them/ or they really need the money or forced in some how , other wise they don't fit in there. It's been done with certain merc story's before like the show Jericho (main character) or the anime area 88.

Last edited:
Yeah, can you guys try to keep spoiler talk to a minimum? This is basically the only place on the internet I can discuss ME3 nowadays. I've already spoiled a little bit because of the Bioware forums. Which I'm now avoiding like a plague.

Sounds a little simplistic. I would've thought he'd have put something in there to track it if Shep ever decided to turn on him or something.

The ship is covered in tracking and monitoring devices, but EDI states that she maintains all of those so it would be a simple matter for her to just shut them down.

Plus, there's the quantum entanglement comm thing. Seems like he should be able to use that to get a general location of the ship, at least.

Hm, don't know if it works that way - I can't imagine he'd allow anything that could be used to be traced back to him.

So, I know I said I didn't want any more spoilers than is necessary, but one thing's got me curious: Does anyone know how the hell the Alliance got its grubby paws on the Normandy SR2? I'm replaying ME 2 now and it mentions that the Illusive Man sunk the majority of Cerberus' resources into the ship. I can't imagine he'd be cool with handing it over to Shepard to commission into the Alliance fleet, effectively cutting off any future return on Cerberus' investment, and if Shep stole it, shouldn't Cerberus be hunting his ass down pretty much every second of every day to recover it?

Shepard probably just took it.

well then corp, go with what I said formerly before that last post. but I remember the illusive pretty much gave me the hint I can do what ever I want with that ship. It's all mine. I said gave me the hint. (technically speaking). they can always make story out of it as well, comic wise. With Cerberus trying to steal it back and failing.

Last edited:
Im sure ILM has control over EDI. no way would he put something as advanced and useful as EDI in someone elses control.

Well, hopefully when people with the Space Edition start uploading their playthroughs on Youtube, we'll find out. I can't wait. I did the same with Batman Arkham City, it held me off till I got to play it.

I found out that a nearby EB Games is hosting a Midnight event at the cinema they have there.

They'll be playing the game on the big screen!

I can't go though :(.

I hope none of my local stores are doing a midnight launch. Ive preordered mine from Amazon and if i find out ill be able to get this game at midnight i might not have the willpower to resist. Although i dont think i have a choice as i purchased the N7 edition and NO way that sucker is gonna be available without a reserve come release.

I'm curious about one aspect of the gameplay. Is it possible to go out on a mission with say one or two guns? Or do you have to choose a weapon for all slots?

I'm curious about one aspect of the gameplay. Is it possible to go out on a mission with say one or two guns? Or do you have to choose a weapon for all slots?

I heard Soldier is the only class that can bring multiple guns without penalty, or something.

Im sure ILM has control over EDI. no way would he put something as advanced and useful as EDI in someone elses control.

EDI proved herself as a valuable and loyal team member in 2. She would never choose Martin Sheen over me Shepard.

I recently found out you can restore Jack's loyaly AFTER the fight with Miranda. I tried it out and BOOM, all is well.

All crew alive
All crew loyal
Miranda sexed
Collector based destroyed

I am now ready for ME3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads