Movies By Yourself

I love going to the movies by myself but it's nice to go with friends as well. Maybe you should join a club or something and maybe go to the movies as a group? Being solitary is fun but having people in the background is good too

For the greater part of the past decade, me and my crew usually ended up going as a group to movies. Spidey, Lord of the Rings and so on. But for the last couple years, most movies I've been tohave been all by my lonesome.

:csad:

I'll go to an occasional movie where I'm by myself, because my friends aren't into what I'm out to see...

and fortunately, when I DO go with friends, when the lights go down and the movie starts, we all have the common courtesy to shut the **** up, unlike some of the other groups of people who MUST be a pack of cackling and yapping hyenas and whisper constantly as to what's happening on the screen, along with the occasional texting during the movie that they just CANNOT seem to avoid doing...

you ever text when I'M around in the theatre, I give you a word of warning ONCE in a firm voice to knock it off, but if you don't get the message and keep at it, I head for the lobby and get security into the mix...

amazing how these goofballs toe the line afterwards... they grumble and mutter and curse when security walks away, but **** 'em...

I'll go to an occasional movie where I'm by myself, because my friends aren't into what I'm out to see...

and fortunately, when I DO go with friends, when the lights go down and the movie starts, we all have the common courtesy to shut the **** up, unlike some of the other groups of people who MUST be a pack of cackling and yapping hyenas and whisper constantly as to what's happening on the screen, along with the occasional texting during the movie that they just CANNOT seem to avoid doing...

you ever text when I'M around in the theatre, I give you a word of warning ONCE in a firm voice to knock it off, but if you don't get the message and keep at it, I head for the lobby and get security into the mix...

amazing how these goofballs toe the line afterwards... they grumble and mutter and curse when security walks away, but **** 'em...

[YT]61iZXRCAL6s[/YT]

I go to the movies with my gf, but there are some movies I love going to see alone. Like the drama films. I also do repeat viewings alone, she doesnt like to see them more then once

Just came back from the cinema seeing Iron Man 3, and it's a perfect example of why I usually go alone and sit at the front by myself where no one else ever seems to want to sit.

Went with my friend, sat nearly at the back. Literally as soon as the movie started and Tony's voiceover began, the girl in front swore loudly and stood up. I think she'd lost something. She then began looking for it, standing right in my friends way and making so much noise neither of us could hear what was being said.

Couldn't help it... couldn't hold it in...

Told her to sit the **** down. My friend laughed. She sheepishly sat down.

:hehe:

I go to movies all the time by myself. I used to go to many sporting events by myself as well but usually ended up finding someone I knew there and hung out with them afterward if there was an open seat. I probably think there's more stigma in eating alone than going to a movie alone.

I go to the movies by myself sometimes, though I prefer to go with friends.

I'm just curious does anyone else go to movies by themselves? I always do and rarely go with anyone else mostly because I have 0 friends and no girlfriend. It's been this way all my life and I'm just use to it by now. I'll be seeing Man Of Steel by myself most likely unless my parents go with me. I also go to sporting events by myself. At sporting events one can feel really out of place by themselves. Anyone else do this?

Sometimes I go by myself. Like I saw Evil Dead by myself. -_-...I...I was a 100% wuss. I was like Shawn and Gus from Psych.

Sometimes I go with my bro cause he is deaf and someone needs to go with him.

Sometimes I go with family.

It depends on the movie really. Saw Jurassic Park 3D with Mom and bro. Saw Evil Dead by myself.

I usually always go with a group of friends, and currently i've found a perfect girl who likes movies that I do so i'm cool with that. She doesn't like comic book movies though so IM3 will be the first comic book/overall general movie that i'll see by myself.

I've only seen a couple movies by myself. I oftentimes consider going to more when I can't get in touch with my friends, but I don't like going to movie theatres anyway. I prefer the comfort of my own home.

Movies by myself. Not always my preferred method but it's great for blockbusters so you can pick the viewing, arrival time and the seats.

I often go by myself, have no GF at the moment, my main group of friends just arent into going the cinema and no were near the movie lover that I am.

I used to go with an old work friend but he has no job at the moment so cant go much. If there is a movie I want to see I am going to see it no matter what.

i mostly go with Friends but when is a movie that anyone wants to see with me i go alone , but is very unlikely that happens

I prefer going to the movies by myself.

Back when it was first released I went to see Spider-Man 2 and was the only person there so I basically had a private screening.

More recently I saw Amazing Spider-Man and was one viewer of only about 8

Now that is how I like to see films because I can actually hear what is going on without all the damn annoying whooping and hollering and stuff that you get with crowds of people

Sometimes it's more convenient to go by myself. I'd miss most of what I want to see waiting on someone to go with me.

Going to the movies by yourself is totally fine. The only people that think it's "weird" or "unusual" are the people who are insecure and unconfident because they constantly need someone/a group with them because they've been brainwashed to understand that if you appear in a public social space by yourself, then you're not "normal". In other words, they are very, very concerned about what other people think about them.

If I want to see a movie or eat out, I'll do it regardless of whether my friends/wife/other familiy members go along.

It depends on the context: if I am working for the paper, I usually see it alone.

However, leisure viewings are based on who's available and interested in seeing the film I want to view. In a way, leisure viewing are governed by the frequency of a coin toss.

I usually take the aisle seat, then comes the evil stares from couples walking in late because there's an empty seat next to me.

tumblr_mk2hzynkSz1r9kfc5o1_500.gif

Went to the midnight release of IM3 on my own this last Wednesday, but then went to see it with some friends on Saturday.

I go mainly because where I live right now away from home I don't like anyone enough to sit next to them for 2 hours. When I'm home I'll go see anything with my friends though.

I usually go by myself if it's a movie my wife has no interest in seeing. I know I'll be seeing only god forgives alone. I am making her go to man of steel with me though.

I occasionally go to the cinema by myself. It`s no big deal to me. I don't have a huge circle of friends and my other half does not always want to see the same things that I do.

I usually go with my girlfriend or friends but sometimes I go alone because they aren't into the same movies I am or we don't have time in which we can all see it together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"