Multiple deaths at Pittsburgh synagogue shooting

Listening to the police chief, it sounds like it is horrific inside.

The closer we get to these elections.

The way some of the officials were near tears, I am not looking forward to descriptions of the crime scene.

This is absolutely tragic. We cannot afford to be desensitized to this sort of hateful violence. We must make our voices heard! Vote!

This is absolutely tragic. We cannot afford to be desensitized to this sort of hateful violence. We must make our voices heard! Vote!
And if you do vote, make sure it actually votes for who you want because Texas has developed a vote for Democrat O'Rourke, get Republican Ted Cruz instead.

Everything Trump says is pure lunacy. I pray to every God I can think of, that in 2020 he gets voted out of power. We need to change our country's gun laws. And we need to do it now.

Events like these make me glad that people in real life don't run around with super powers.

The closer we get to these elections.

Dude, cut the irresponsible crap. It's already been established from his twitter feed this guy was hardly a fan of the president.

He's a loon, an anti-semite, plain and simple.

Sounds like there's a good chance the feds will kill him over it though, which is nice.

You think all this **** is sudden coincidence huh?

Dude, cut the irresponsible crap. It's already been established from his twitter feed this guy was hardly a fan of the president.

He's a loon, an anti-semite, plain and simple.

Sounds like there's a good chance the feds will kill him over it though, which is nice.

You need to cut the crap. Stop defending Trump. This guy was a far right extremist who also hated refugees. Trump may not have been extreme enough for him, but he's definitely not a left leaning guy. He fed off of Trump's conspiracy theory narrative bull**** that the left is in bed with George Soros and they're trying to smuggle in immigrants.

I'm sure if this guy was Muslim, you wouldn't give him the nice title of "loon."

You'll go to any lengths hey?

Last edited:
Events like these make me glad that people in real life don't run around with super powers.

The only super-power need right now is for this planet to begin to heal itself, for nations to believe in one another, for leaders to emotionally engage in their own country's direct issues and for the entire population of this planet we've been privileged to be placed on and continue to ruin, in every way possible, is to realise, there is one race, the human race. Peace and love to all.

It just goes to show once again that domestic terrorism is a far bigger threat than ISIS, even if some would want you to believe otherwise.

You need to cut the crap. Stop defending Trump. This guy was a far right extremist who also hated refugees. Trump may not have been extreme enough for him, but he's definitely not a left leaning guy. He fed off of Trump's conspiracy theory narrative bull**** that the left is in bed with George Soros and they're trying to smuggle in immigrants.

I'm sure if this guy was Muslim, you wouldn't give him the nice title of "loon."

You'll go to any lengths hey?

Nobody's "defending Trump". All that was said is this guy wasn't a Trump fan.

Yes, he had bull**** problems with refugees. That's not on the president. Millions of people across the country buy into the Soros stuff (moronic as it is), they're not going to go out and try to blow away a temple service on some "Soros is Jewish, me no likey der juden" kick. The guy was ****ing crazy.

Again, if this is the standard, it's going to backfire. You don't seriously think it's going to be rational to lay any potential further Scalise-type shooting by a hardline leftie at the feet of Waters & Booker & Clinton over their "we can't afford to be civil! Go get in their faces!" rhetoric, right? That'd be ridiculous.

That's what the Trumpies would do should it happen. Be better.

Trump's language on this stuff is idiotic. That's also different to koo-koo-ca-choo wacky Schizo McGee, who had no love for the guy in the first place, being Trump's fault. Life's about degrees. You can oppose Trump's language on most of this stuff and still realize he's not personally responsible for ****ing wackos.

By that metric all the bombings through the 90s by the militia hillbillies were on Bush Sr & Clinton. Which. Is. Insane.

His rhetoric is giving these *******s a voice and justification. Just like van guy. They feel empowered. Is that so hard to understand? His words have power.

He encourages violence (offered to pay legal bills of supporters who beat people up), he fosters conspiracy theories about Democrats and the media, he uses derogatory language when referring to people who are "beneath" him (Pocahontas, pig, etc), and some of his biggest supporters are Neo-Nazis that he is unable to denounce publicly. That's all on him. And he can absolutely be blamed for inciting hateful acts, just like Alex Jones can be sued for encouraging his followers to harass the Sandy Hook parents.

Last edited:
I think Trump's indirect responsibility for the synagogue shooting is quite a bit more tenuous a connection to draw than Cesar Sayoc's 's would-be bombing spree. Bowers (the synagogue shooter) is not a Trump supporter and in fact erroneously lumped Trump in with "globalists" (which doesn't make much sense, as Trump is pretty blatantly isolationist/nationalist and has done everything he can to weaken NATO).

Sayoc was revved up by Trump's rhetoric, no question. One would have to be hopelessly naive and/or in denial (as a lot of Trump supporters are) to think it's just a coincidence that Sayoc's hit list reads like a greatest hits of the people Trump trashes the most (though he weirdly left out Elizabeth Warren, who you'd think would be a primary target).

Bowers sounds like a run-of-the-mill conspiracy theorist anti-Semite who blames a Jewish conspiracy if he gets a flat tire.

Last edited:
I think Trump's indirect responsibility for the synagogue shooting is quite a bit more tenuous a connection to draw than Cesar Soyac's would-be bombing spree. Bowers (the synagogue shooter) is not a Trump supporter and in fact erroneously lumped Trump in with "globalists" (which doesn't make much sense, as Trump is pretty blatantly isolationist/nationalist and has done everything he can to weaken NATO).

Soyac was revved up by Trump's rhetoric, no question. One would have to be hopelessly naive and/or in denial (as a lot of Trump supporters are) to think it's just a coincidence that Soyac's hit list reads like a greatest hits of the people Trump trashes the most (though he weirdly left out Elizabeth Warren, who you'd think would be a primary target).

Bowers sounds like a run-of-the-mill conspiracy theorist anti-Semite who blames a Jewish conspiracy if he gets a flat tire.

The MAGA morons on Twitter seem hell bent on trying to spin Bowers' actions into something left leaning because he didn't vote for Trump. Which means they know that the shooter and Trump shared similar views (like on migrants and conspiracy theories). He also hated the "evil" Muslims. Trump's views didn't go far enough for him and that's what pissed him off about Trump. It's sad that this guy resorted to murder because his president wasn't hating on the Jews enough.

Also sounds like the FBI needs to shut Gab down. Those websites encourage so much hate. It worries me because of people like my brother who calls Israelis the "worst people in the world" and idolizes Hitler for being the first person to "uncover the Jewish globalist conspiracy that the world is a globe." The sort of passive aggressive hateful speech from a person in a power position like Trump gives legitimacy to the hate that people like Bowers and my brother feel and it gives them the power to be more vocal about it. That needs to stop.

Survive the Holocaust, get murdered decades later in the "land of the free" at a synagogue by some paranoid idiot who blames a Jewish conspiracy if he gets a flat tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"