NBA 2017/2018: Nothing Is Free In Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear, the only Pacer capable of guarding LeBron without being called for a foul was Sabonis.

Westbrook has tried to tie the game with a 3.... like 4 times... at what point does he realize he should let someone else try lol

and as I typed that Paul George tries and gets fouled but they don't call it...

Good for Utah... Have fun with Houston next round.

Westbrook, TRIPLE DOUBLES!!!! All Westbrook needs is help!!!! Real contender with Carmelo and George!!!! On KD's level!!! Real MVP!!!! Carmelo is still great!!!!

Loses in the first round again. This time to a team who lost their best player. :lmao:

Westbrook has tried to tie the game with a 3.... like 4 times... at what point does he realize he should let someone else try lol

and as I typed that Paul George tries and gets fouled but they don't call it...

Good for Utah... Have fun with Houston next round.
How many times was he going to miss? :funny:

Yeah, I said it as soon as he shot it. George was clearly fouled, but the refs were like, "you have had 20 chances already." :hehe:

Westbrook getting into it with the crowd on the way out. So petty.

yea i dont like westbrook at all.. hes great...but hes a clown.

George and Anthony combined for like 10 points... so i get not wanting them to take the shot... but westbrook was like 5 of 19 from 3.... and missed 4 in a row... then finally paul tried one and actually should have shot 3 free throws lol

OKC is cursed cause westbrook is a diva prick

Westbrook, TRIPLE DOUBLES!!!! All Westbrook needs is help!!!! Real contender with Carmelo and George!!!! On KD's level!!! Real MVP!!!! Carmelo is still great!!!!

Loses in the first round again. This time to a team who lost their best player. :lmao:

So he got help tonight? What was Paul George's FG% again? Was Roberson a DPOY contender? Where was he again?

Better yet, what's GS record without Steph in the lineup?

Lol. But clearly, Russ wasn't going to go down passing the ball around and watching the ship sink, he tried to will it and failed. It happens to every superstar for the most part at some point in their career, and LeBron might be next up (again)

So he got help tonight? What was Paul George's FG% again? Was Roberson a DPOY contender? Where was he again?

Better yet, what's GS record without Steph in the lineup?

Lol. But clearly, Russ wasn't going to go down passing the ball around and watching the ship sink, he tried to will it and failed. It happens to every superstar for the most part at some point in their career, and LeBron might be next up (again)
People who play with Westbrook are worse for it. Look at Oladipo. Even KD of all people is better. I love that they need Roberson to not lose a first round series to the Jazz. Also you were the one pitching the idea that Carmelo wasn't done. Which he clearly is.

KD just won a first round series in rather easy fashion. :funny: And you were the one who argued Steph wasn't that good. :lmao:

LeBron has 3 rings and has been to the final, what 8 times? Are you seriously comparing Westbrook to him? To any legit great player? He chased off KD and is not a problem for the Thunder organization, because he is no true #1 option.

Melo only shot 7 times.... thats ridiculous lol

Melo only shot 7 times.... thats ridiculous lol
I like how it has only dawned on some folk that his entire game is mid-range and has been for years. And that is all he has, making him kind of useless in the modern NBA.

People who play with Westbrook are worse for it. Look at Oladipo. Even KD of all people is better. I love that they need Roberson to not lose a first round series to the Jazz. Also you were the one pitching the idea that Carmelo wasn't done. Which he clearly is.

KD just won a first round series in rather easy fashion. :funny: And you were the one who argued Steph wasn't that good. :lmao:

LeBron has 3 rings and has been to the final, what 8 times? Are you seriously comparing Westbrook to him? To any legit great player? He chased off KD and is not a problem for the Thunder organization, because he is no true #1 option.

Steph wasn't good, when the hell did I say that??!

And yeah, I'm comparing Westbrook to EVERY great player who struggled to adapt his game to his teammates, from Jordan to Kobe to Lebron and everybody in between. Did you forget Lebron got his first ring against OKC? So let's not act like Westbrook hasn't had some level of success, he should've been in the Finals twice.

They had no bench all year, before the season started I said that. And George was like 2-18 tonight, what's he supposed to do, watch?

Melo I'll admit that, he can't move, it almost looks like he's hurt. But you have to swing for the fences...win some, lose some.

Steph wasn't good, when the hell did I say that??!

And yeah, I'm comparing Westbrook to EVERY great player who struggled to adapt his game to his teammates, from Jordan to Kobe to Lebron and everybody in between. Did you forget Lebron got his first ring against OKC? So let's not act like Westbrook hasn't had some level of success, he should've been in the Finals twice.

They had no bench all year, before the season started I said that. And George was like 2-18 tonight, what's he supposed to do, watch?

Melo I'll admit that, he can't move, it almost looks like he's hurt. But you have to swing for the fences...win some, lose some.
Westbrook's success came while playing with KD. He has had not one bit of success without him. Just compare how good OKC was when KD was injured as opposed to Westbrook. But hey, Triple Double!!!!

They need a bench to beat the Jazz, who had a rookie that outplayed Westbrook? Rubio went down, and they still outplayed Westbrook and his Thunder. The problem is this is Westbrook's team. If this was KD's team, it wouldn't have happened. And shooting 40 plus times is never an answer when you suck at 3s and keep on shooting them.

When exactly was Carmelo ever great?

Westbrook's success came while playing with KD. He has had not one bit of success without him. Just compare how good OKC was when KD was injured as opposed to Westbrook. But hey, Triple Double!!!!

They need a bench to beat the Jazz, who had a rookie that outplayed Westbrook? Rubio went down, and they still outplayed Westbrook and his Thunder. The problem is this is Westbrook's team. If this was KD's team, it wouldn't have happened. And shooting 40 plus times is never an answer when you suck at 3s and keep on shooting them.

When exactly was Carmelo ever great?

Well first of all, this wasn't a 1 vs 8 matchup, I mean, they had the same record, so why is it such a shocking thing?

And Mitchell (along with Simmons) are probably the most impactful rookies since the '03 class, he's no regular rookie. The only other person in league history to average 20 in their first 6 playoff games was Kareem Abdul Jabbar, the only other rookies to have multiple 30 pt games in a playoff series were Alonzo Mourning and Michael Jordan. So how about just giving Utah some credit?

And if it was all Durant that got them to the Finals, why isn't it all Durant when they lost their 3-1 lead over GS? He certainly didn't play well at all down the stretch, but that was all Westbrook? Got it.

Last edited:
A lot of people in the habit of "counting the names I've heard of" and assuming that means the team is great. Westbrook, Melo, and George...they gotta be a great team, right?

OKC had problems as a team. They were in their first year together....I'll bet they would be gelling better next year if they got a chance...which they won't. Sounds like the 2011 Heat to me.

----------------------

So...where is this "tough Western Conference" I keep hearing about? The Warriors have never had any trouble with them other than that OKC series.

I was almost wanting to believe that it would be a real race this year. But GS didn't even sweat to embarrass the Pelicans. The Pelicans sure looked good sweeping Portland....but good lord they didn't belong on the same court with the Warriors.

Those guys don't even need Curry to beat teams in the West and this isn't the first time that's happened. So much for the idea that Curry is their heart and soul or "most valuable player".

I'll believe the Rockets can give them a challenge when I see it happen.

Let's Go Cavs! Let's go Cavs! Let's go Cavs!

I honestly think Lebron would have been better off going out in the 1st round for once to get some rest. But it's game 7 and Lebron is always epic in those. Oh well...we got saved from Pacers/Raptors at least.

----------------

Record book assault continues. Lebron just passed Scottie Pippen for #1 on the all time playoff steals list.

Naw beat raps in 6 and get ready for a war in Philly.

At some point, Lebron will be human. He played the most minutes of any player this year....then his team is the LAST team to get out of the 1st round. ....Meaning he gets the least amount of rest until the next series starts.

Hope Sixers/Celtics is a great series. My most anticipated. These two teams could be battling for the next 5 years.

Cavs I think will lose Game 1 out of fatigue, but win the series in 6. I just hope Boston can some how beat Philly, LOL!!! I like our odds more.

I think there is a very good chance the Raptors win this, if their two best players don't completely choke. They have legit depth, where at times the Cavs feel like they are a literal one man team.

Honestly, the Raptors should win this series easily. If it wasn't DeRozan and Lowry, I'd say they'd win it easy. But I still think they pull it off.

I think there is a very good chance the Raptors win this, if their two best players don't completely choke. They have legit depth, where at times the Cavs feel like they are a literal one man team.

Honestly, the Raptors should win this series easily. If it wasn't DeRozan and Lowry, I'd say they'd win it easy. But I still think they pull it off.

The Raptors have a chance most certainly. I think the Cavs are by far the weakest they have been in this newer Lebron run. But, they have had success against the Raptors this year (2-1 this year against them from the schedule I saw), so I think the Cavs have a good chance in this series.

That 2-1 is misleading. Especially when those two losses came. Near the end of the season, when the Raptors were basically locked into 1st place.

Hope Sixers/Celtics is a great series. My most anticipated. These two teams could be battling for the next 5 years.

Would be a lot more exciting if Irving and Haywood were playing. As it stands now, I'm just hoping it goes 5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"