Nervous about Spider-man 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys, I'm nervous about Spider-Man 3 as well...

TDKR, problems and all, is probably the only good third movie in a superhero franchise, and the better at the same time.

Say whatever you like about Bane but his TDKR version has become very popular, i've seen people who don't read comics talk about the character or using his look to compare a certain helmet.

The guy doesn't seem to be badly received by the public

Say whatever you like about Bane but his TDKR version has become very popular, i've seen people who don't read comics talk about the character or using his look to compare a certain helmet.

The guy doesn't seem to be badly received by the public
I thought Bane was OK. If it weren't for his voice, I personally don't think there would be anything interesting about him.

TDKR wasn't even close to how bad SM3 was, but I really didn't think much of it. Its not a bad film by any means, just nothing spectacular.

Some of mine are of laughing so much.

It breaks my heart, I was so hopeful and then I felt the emotional scars of my favourite hero getting pardon me but frankly IMO raped. Emo Peter makes me cry to this day. SM3 put me off Venom and he was my favourite villain.

It breaks my heart, I was so hopeful and then I felt the emotional scars of my favourite hero getting pardon me but frankly IMO raped. Emo Peter makes me cry to this day. SM3 put me off Venom and he was my favourite villain.

I understand. SM2 is to this day one of my favorites. I really seriously thought Raimi had got the character right forever.

I understand. SM2 is to this day one of my favorites. I really seriously thought Raimi had got the character right forever.

I found out yesterday that Rami wasn't forced to use Venom, just introduce the symbeote. Spidey 3 was 95% Rami's fault.

I found out yesterday that Rami wasn't forced to use Venom, just introduce the symbeote. Spidey 3 was 95% Rami's fault.

If it was me, I wouldve sliced out Sandman and Gwen entirely. And made Venom so powerful that Peter still needed Harry's help.

Not that that wouldve made the movie perfect, but it certainly wouldve given it a better shot in my opinion.

Artists are forced to do things all the time. It's in them to make a wonderful thing out of the circumstances or just oppose them and make a disaster.

No matter how forced Venom was/wasn't, the stupid moments in SM3 were pure Raimi decisions.

But he never writes the scripts either, most of the problems in the film came from there, not from the way it was directed, Sandman's creation scene is a good example of Sam Raimi directing a powerful emotional scene.

But he never writes the scripts either, most of the problems in the film came from there, not from the way it was directed, Sandman's creation scene is a good example of Sam Raimi directing a powerful emotional scene.

So I guess a director like Raimi, after 2 big hits at the BO was absolutely forbidden from changing a script? Cannot buy.

I didn't say he couldn't, but most of the problems come from scenes in the script that he should have asked to be changed, it wasn't exactly like he thought it was cool to incorpurate emo Peter

The only thing that saves it from awful was that scene.

I cannot say with certianty, but I think the OP's fears may have been justified.

lol. Funny that so many were concerned with the number of villains (who's actual origins and subsequent stories were all pulled off quite well for the most part), when the real issue is with the story and direction of the rest of the film.

But that's harder to pinpoint. Blaming it on "too many villains" is easier. Wish Sam had gotten to make the movie he originally intended to...

I cannot say with certianty, but I think the OP's fears may have been justified.

lol. Funny that so many were concerned with the number of villains (who's actual origins and subsequent stories were all pulled off quite well for the most part), when the real issue is with the story and direction of the rest of the film.

But that's harder to pinpoint. Blaming it on "too many villains" is easier. Wish Sam had gotten to make the movie he originally intended to...

It was, just without Venom being in it. He had the option of only the symbeote.

Well,I'd like to know where you heard this.From what I remember,Raimi wanted to end it with the birth of Venom in a "to be continued" moment.But the Sony backstabbers mandated no loose ends.Venom had to appear.(It seems pretty obvious in hindsight they wanted a reboot in all cases.)

Well,I'd like to know where you heard this.From what I remember,Raimi wanted to end it with the birth of Venom in a "to be continued" moment.But the Sony backstabbers mandated no loose ends.Venom had to appear.(It seems pretty obvious in hindsight they wanted a reboot in all cases.)

I originally thought that too untill yesterday. Look at the keep hope alive thread in the F4 a page or two back.

lol. Yeah, you're right, the whole symbiote/"dark" Peter/revenge angle/Venom element wasn't really intertwined throughout the entire story at all. Just some extraneous thing added in on a lark :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"