Netflix orders modernized 'Haunting of Hill House' from Mike Flanagan

bad place yes bring on Season 2. I love the fact that it's going to be an anthology series as well. As long as Flanagan is still on board I'm on board.

Victoria Pedretti To Headline ‘The Haunting of Bly Manor’ Netflix Series – Deadline

The Haunting of Hill House breakout Victoria Pedretti will be back as the lead in the the second installment of the Netflix horror anthology series, The Haunting of Bly Manor, from Mike Flanagan, Trevor Macy, Amblin TV and Paramount TV.

Pedretti will play the governess, Dani, who is looking after the two unique children. The role has been played by a number of actresses in various adaptations and reworkings of The Turn of the Screw, from Deborah Kerr in the 1961 critically acclaimed feature The Innocents to Michelle Dockery in the 2009 BBC film The Turn of the Screw.

Pedretti was fresh out of college when in 2017 Netflix cast her as “Nell” Crain Vance in The Haunting of Hill House in her first acting job. The role made her an instant fan favorite, earning her an MTV Film and Movie Awards nomination for Most Frightened Performance.

She followed that with roles in Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming Once Upon a Time In Hollywood and Apple’s anthology series Amazing Stories.

She will be playing a new character.

She was amazing as Nell. Very cool to see her headlining this new season.

If this is taking the AHS approach to casting across the anthology, I'll be curious to see how many other actors from Hill House might appear.

I'd be fine with them bringing back the entire season 1 cast for all the main roles of season 2. They all did really well.

Granted I don’t recall the governess having one but is it wrong that I want them to get Oliver Jackson Cohen as her love interest? :p

Last edited:
If this is taking the AHS approach to casting across the anthology, I'll be curious to see how many other actors from Hill House might appear.
Oh, his wife is definitely coming back. She is in like everything he does. :funny:

Oh, his wife is definitely coming back. She is in like everything he does. :funny:

She's better be! She was my favorite character in the first season.

They can leave Daario behind though. That guy is just a lost cause.

Kate is usually the highlight of his projects, unless her role is super limited

Flanagan's tendency to recycle actors has me thinking not just about Hill House, but also Doctor Sleep. I wonder if he might try to entice McGregor or Rebecca Ferguson into taking a role.

bad place yes to both. Not sure about Rebecca but Ewan isn’t opposed to doing TV so I could see it happening.

Yeah she did, but you never know; sometimes when people start doing movies, they don’t want to go back to TV. I honestly have no idea in her case though.

He should play Pedretti's boyfriend this time around, just to make the Hill House viewers uncomfortable.

He should play Pedretti's boyfriend this time around, just to make the Hill House viewers uncomfortable.

Uncomfortable? Pffft, I’m all for it. :o

I'm just glad whenever I see a blu-ray from Netflix, honestly. Though I do wish they'd spring for a 4K release, given that they stream it.

I'm just glad whenever I see a blu-ray from Netflix, honestly. Though I do wish they'd spring for a 4K release, given that they stream it.

Netflix seems to be keeping a lot of their 4K stuff exclusive to their streaming service to encourage people to subscribe. Stranger Things is one of the few that got a 4K disc release, but afaik that was a Target exclusive.

Details:

Release date: October 15

EP 101: Steven Sees a Ghost

Steven Sees a Ghost Extended Director’s Cut

Steven Sees a Ghost Extended Director’s Cut Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan

EP 102: Open Casket

EP 103: Touch

EP 104: The Twin Thing

EP 105: The Bent-Neck Lady

The Bent-Neck Lady Extended Director’s Cut

The Bent-Neck Lady Extended Director’s Cut Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan

EP 106: Two Storms

Two Storms Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan

EP 107: Eulogy

EP 108: Witness Marks

EP 109: Screaming Meemies

EP 110: Silence Lay Steadily

Silence Lay Steadily Extended Director’s Cut

Silence Lay Steadily Extended Director’s Cut Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan

In total there only seems to be about 10 minutes of new footage. So not a huge difference. Honestly I dont know if it's worth it considering the version on Netflix is damn near perfect and lacking nothing imo. And the Netflix version is in gorgeous 4K/Dolby Vision. But I really want to listen to those audio commentaries.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"