Netflix orders modernized 'Haunting of Hill House' from Mike Flanagan

This should be a lot of fun. Like American Horror Story, but you know, actually good.

This should be a lot of fun. Like American Horror Story, but you know, actually good.

Oh come on. Wouldn’t this show be sooooo much better with Jessica Lange constantly barging into the room with an over-the-top Southern accent, hamming it up?

I love the Hill House cast, but I do hope we get some newbies too...

I wonder if this anthology series will link the story behind Bly Manor to Hillhouse in some way?

Of course 2 separate authors and books but I do wonder if there'll be easter eggs for fans of season 1 to catch upon re-watch.

Mike Flanagan Confirms THE HAUNTING OF BLY MANOR Will Still Hit Netflix Later This Year
Flanagan tells CinemaBlend’s ReelBlend podcast: “I don’t expect it to be delayed one bit. We didn’t really miss a step, believe it or not. We had already wrapped before the whole COVID shutdown hit all the productions. We had a couple of weeks where we had to kind of figure out how to continue post remotely. But my post team also, you know, where I’ve been with now, my whole career, they cracked it real fast and we’ve been doing everything on these virtual sessions.”

He adds: “I think Netflix, they haven’t announced when it’s coming out. They’ve got their own plan. But we’ve been jamming through post. It’s been going great. It’s definitely later this year. It’s not going to get kicked off into 2021, or anything. Everything’s on schedule.“

YES PLEASE

Man I love Hill House. Man I love Turn of the Screw. Man I love Flanagan.

At night I still think about the ghost who looks for his hat...

I read a theory, that he was looking for his children and probably mistook the boy (i forgot the name) for his son and wanted to check, if he‘s ok
In the end not so scary at all

Last edited:

Really liking what I see so far, hope we get a trailer soon, though I'm a bit worried about Netflix's penchant for revealing too much in their trailers.

Really great cast they've built with the new additions. Can't wait to see the returning members in new roles and how they interact with the newbies. Also, Oliver Jackson-Cohen looks freaking incredible here. I want him as Moon Knight SO bad.

He would make a great Superman or Moon Knight and if we didn't get Pattinson in Reeves The Batman I definitely think he would have been a good choice to play Bruce Wayne as well.

I can has trailer pls?

... are people still doing the “I can has ____” bit? I’m very out of the loop.

Netflix throws out trailers not so early. I expect an October start, so trailer maybe in mid September

I can has trailer pls?

... are people still doing the “I can has ____” bit? I’m very out of the loop.

According to some memes I’ve seen on google, that’s how cats talk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"