Netflix orders modernized 'Haunting of Hill House' from Mike Flanagan

Can’t wait for this! The Haunting of Hill House was one of the scariest things I’ve ever watched.

well...not scary at all

The phone number isn't working for me.

But that trailer looks great. Not sure they'll be able to top the first season but I'm looking forward to seeing them try!

I was slightly concerned when I first found out Flanagan was sharing directing duties on S2 just cuz I think he is one of our best horror storytellers. But now I see we got Liam Gavin (A DARK SONG), Axelle Carolyn (SOULMATE), Laurie Penny wrote an ep (!)... So, yeah. I am expected.

I’m just glad they didn’t bring back Replacement Daario. Drying paint could teach that guy some lessons in how to be more interesting.

Last edited:
lol people really liked the first Daario? not me

The first Daario looked like he belonged on a beach with a surfboard. His replacement was an improvement.

Yeah I liked the Daario replacement and thought the actor was fine in Hill House. Planning to rewatch the series this month since I haven’t seen it since it was first released last year.

I even didn’t recognised Michel Huismann in Haunted Hill season1.
Ed Skrein was good in Deadpool though

The only problem I had with Michiel Huisman was his Dutch accent. It kind of took me out of it sometimes because they were all supposed to be (American) siblings. But maybe it's not really noticeable if you're not Dutch. (And I'm Dutch)

Anyway I'm not going to watch that teaser. I don't want to see anything yet, I want to be surprised. Just knowing it's Flanagan is enough for me

Ya’ll are crazy. Daario 2 was a massive downgrade. He sucked in GOT and he sucked in this.

That’s more like it.

Looks good.

Though, I’m a little disappointed that each episode has a different director. I loved the fact that Mike Flanagan did the entire first series.

Yeah, but he’s a helluva lot busier now than he was during Hill House.

Anyone remember the Hill House movie they made in 1999? LOL that was so bad. I still need to see the original.

Anyone remember the Hill House movie they made in 1999? LOL that was so bad. I still need to see the original.

Do it! The Haunting is a classic haunted house picture for a reason.

And while you’re at it, also check out The Innocents which was an adaptation of The Turn of the Screw for which this “sequel” series is based on.

I saw the original Haunting and that genuinely freaked me out. I’ll take the old black and white horror movies over the current crop of gory slasher movies any day of the week

Do it! The Haunting is a classic haunted house picture for a reason.

And while you’re at it, also check out The Innocents which was an adaptation of The Turn of the Screw for which this “sequel” series is based on.

Cool, yeah since I'll very likely be spending Halloween in my living room this year, maybe I'll do a double feature of those two films.

Just finished rewatching the Hill House season. Now I’m ready for Bly Manor!

It's going to be hard to top such a great first season but I am eager to see them try. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"