NEW Friday the 13th

42 Hi-Res 'Friday the 13th' Stills, New International Poster
Monday, January 19, 2009

Wait, there's more! While last week we brought you 35 hi-res images and two new posters from New Line Cinema's Friday the 13th (revised trailer), today another seven were found, along with an international one sheet, both courtesy of Filmz.ru. The story follows a group of young adults that find themselves going toe-to-toe with the infamous Jason Voorhees (Derek Mears) at a cabin near Camp Crystal Lake. Jason returns to theaters on February 13th.

New images and international poster courtesy of Filmz.ru. Click here for the full gallery of 42 hi-res stills:
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15004

Damn the goods keep on coming!

Hollywood had an originality machine? :huh:

Blade Runner
The Princess Bride
Stay
Gone with the Wind
Titanic
Star Wars
Scarface
Ghostbusters I and II
A Clockwork Orange
The Ten Commandments
etc..

Yeah...For a while.

Blade Runner
The Princess Bride
Stay
Gone with the Wind
Titanic

Star Wars
Scarface
Ghostbusters I and II
A Clockwork Orange
The Ten Commandments

etc..

Yeah...For a while.
Bold ones are based on books or remakes

What is with the theme of remakes and super heroes in the last decade?
So what you would never wanna see these characters or what again?

That's all people seem to do is complain,complain. It's so damn annoying.
But why do i even bother saying anything anymore.

Because all you do is complain...and complain...and complain. It's really annoying.

But why do I bother saying anything anymore?

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Thank you, thank you. It was a genius quote I admite. I'd like to thank Hollywood for sucking for the past decade, the actors involved who helped make it easier, and the mindless generation Y for making it all possible.

And to those who supported my quote, thank you. This is for YOU!

Hollywood's Originality Machine broke and it cost too much to fix it.

The Myth, The Legend, The Inspiration: The Meaning of the Quote, by A Bleeding Corpse.

Before 1996, Hollywood had pride in itself for finding and producing original material. Writers, Directors and Studios with visions of bringing people something they haven't seen before. Of course, a small mix of films were produced that copied formula's for sucess (mosly horror films). However, this formula worked 50% of the time and very few had sequals that people can honestly say they know of. Though this doesn't mean Hollywood was fully original, as many of the inspirations came from material that were once books but the idea of bringing people something they haven't "SEEN" was still stronge.

Horror films for the most part crew from writers imaginations of the unknown and unseen. However, in 1996, a film called Scream hit theaters and killed the notion of scary films. Very original, clever and smart, Scream single handedly stopped the original horror film in it's tracks. A film that not only brought out the reality of such films, but forced audiences to accept that it truely is just a movie. Scream was the film that every horror writer and director had dreamed of and knew of for many years before it was even made, but knew in it's mind that if made it would change the way we see movies.

Since then, Hollywood has reverted back to it's earlies days of film making. Making films over and over, trying to capture an emotion from many angles. Sometimes it works, most of the time it falls flat and you are left searching through the muck looking for something that stands out. Knowing what worked once, Hollywood has constantly tried to make lighting strike twice or 4 times in a row. You get many films that look the same, feel the same and the hope is that one or two of them will have an impact. Unfortanitly, one usually only takes and the rest are left as disappointments. What's left is to bring back familer characters who were once on top of the world and so begings the remake era all over again.

Instead of spending a lot of money on unsure, unknown and original material, Studios decide to put their eggs in a basket that once had success and hope that success will hatch those eggs. Of course, it works because we are attached to such movies and characters that they hold a special place in our minds that wants us to see more of it. Like Jason and Michael Myers, I will always want to see more.

The problem right now is though we have this type of film making going on, Hollywood is unsure of making something different for the sake of keeping things fresh and new. We aren't getting a new Iconic figure to find. Films aren't standing out. Remakes are kept strong souly based on the notion that we want to see this character, regardless of the story or how well it is made.

In the past 6 years though, international studios have started to understand this and are leading in originality. Though failing to capture iconic status, France and Spain are pumping out fresh horror that is unknown to America. Though of course, even Hollywood sees these things and decides if it's worked once, it can work again and a remake is born once more.

Instead of spending money on new writers and directors with interesting new visions, Hollywood has put too much money in franchises for remakes and copy cats for the soul sake of making a dollar to repeat the process. The originality machine went unused for too long and eventrually has become worn out. Like that rusted lawn mower you found in a shed, or that classic Chevy you found in a junk yard, it takes a lot of time and money to restore such a machine to the point of working like new. But it's very expensive to do so, and will put you in debt for many years until it is able to restore itself and make a profit.

This is where the quote comes from. This is what I meant. Hollywood is not willing to loose money or invest in new ideas in order to make something profitible in the very long run. The machine is indeed broke, it cost too much to fix it. But just think, if they spent a lot of money to restore it, they could remake their money with it, but it won't be instant and it won't be fast. It'll take trial and error to get it up to speed, but the pay off would be amazing.

Bold ones are based on books or remakes
I'd consider movies from books originals imo. I just don't like the idea of those movies just being rehashed over and over...
There are thousands of books/novels of sci/fi,drama,romance,action,history that can be made into a good movie,but hollywood for most part would rather take a movie thats already been done and call it a reboot or remake..
Anywho with that being said as much as I hate remakes I usually get suckered into seeing them anyways:whatever:

I'd consider movies from books originals imo. I just don't like the idea of those movies just being rehashed over and over...
There are thousands of books/novels of sci/fi,drama,romance,action,history that can be made into a good movie,but hollywood for most part would rather take a movie thats already been done and call it a reboot or remake..
Anywho with that being said as much as I hate remakes I usually get suckered into seeing them anyways:whatever:

Some remakes are good though. One instantly springs to mind, the one I watched last night: The Thing.

It can be worthwhile to update a story if it is indeed needed and new tech allows for the story to be told in a better manner. Most, however, fall flat.

Some remakes are good though. One instantly springs to mind, the one I watched last night: The Thing.

It can be worthwhile to update a story if it is indeed needed and new tech allows for the story to be told in a better manner. Most, however, fall flat.

Very true. Some remakes bring fresh and new ideas and visions to the screne. The Thing was one of those films. Dawn of the Dead remake even did this. Texax Chainsaw Massacure, however, I felt didn't do much but change the story around to express more gore for the new generation. But a decent remake no less. But this process has worn itself out.

Most of the time they remake a film and it fails to do the same thing as the original. They ignore the passion and emotions of those films, and just turn around to make it BIGGER.

Very true. Some remakes bring fresh and new ideas and visions to the screne. The Thing was one of those films. Dawn of the Dead remake even did this. Texax Chainsaw Massacure, however, I felt didn't do much but change the story around to express more gore for the new generation. But a decent remake no less. But this process has worn itself out.

Most of the time they remake a film and it fails to do the same thing as the original. They ignore the passion and emotions of those films, and just turn around to make it BIGGER.

Agreed. I think the remakes that fail are the ones that aren't taken seriously, churned out, done for the money. Passion should be a big thing in making a movie, after all, it is an art.

Passion feeds art. *waffle*

A remake / reboot / re-imagining of Friday The 13th was inevitable since its hard to come up with new ideas for the series. Originally, I was against it, but I really enjoyed the Halloween remake so I'll give the new Friday movie a chance. I guess Jason is back to being a "normal" guy so they're going with the realism aspect again, but without the character study.

Another problem with the Friday movies is that some of them wouldn't even bother the follow the events of the last film, which was REALLY annoying so its better off they start off fresh again.

I do love that Nana Visitor a.k.a. Major Kira from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine plays Jason's mother.

I don't have a problem with remakes, but when all you see is one after another after another, you just want to see something new and original for a change. I have no problem with a remake of Friday/13th because I love Jason and want to see him in a movie. Yeah, I watched Friday part VI the other night and that's one of the most interesting Friday films in the series. Not because of the story, because it just screwed Tommy Jarvis's character up so much. But he director that filmed it was an artistic ******. I watch that film souly for the amusment in all the "mediphoric" images insurted into that film. If you've seen it, you know what I mean.

Jason X. Really?? Seriously?? I even hear that film title and it takes me back to two years before the movie was made and the infamous MadTv sketch that was indeed 'JASON GOES TO SPACE'. It was poking fun at where else could they take the series in, and guess what? The producers couldn't even think of an idea so they made a parody of the parody. WTF??? REALLY??

The only series that ended on a good note was Elm Street because Craven came back to finish the damn thing. New Nightmare was the only logical way to end the Elm Street series and he did it with such ease in the plot, story and characters used. It's litteraly was Scream before Scream. To take the movie out of the movie and place it somewhere in surreal reality was genius.

Halloween Reserection. NO NO NO NO NO. Movie made no sense. Michael kills Laurie, okay, the only logical way to go from there is to hunt down her son....not go back home and jerk around killing people he could have cared less about.

So it all depends, when a series goes nowhere and dies, a remake or reboot is allowed. However, all the classic horror/slasher films are indeed dead and they are quickly making a remake of each and every one of them. And then what? Sequals to the remakes are now in the works.

But please, I just want to see a new villian come into the picture. I want something that isn't a remake or reboot or copy paste knock off. I don't mind a remake, but it's become so unbalenced that remakes with unoriginal or lackluster efforts are outnumering fresh creative films.

And as for the Friday the 13th remake. I'm looking forward to this. Why? Because they took the path of letting Jason grow in the movie. I was weary about the remake at first, but the moment I heard that it was mixing the first 4 films together and that Jason would indeed wear the sack over his head...I was sold. Don't care if the movies' bad or good, but I seriously hold Sack head Jason from Part II as my favorite version of Jason. I know, the hocky mask is what made Jason to so many other people but to me, seeing Jason run around in overalls and have a sack on his head with one eye, that was just so very cool to me. So to see THAT again in a Friday movie, has me ticked to death.

The only series that ended on a good note was Elm Street because Craven came back to finish the damn thing. New Nightmare was the only logical way to end the Elm Street series and he did it with such ease in the plot, story and characters used. It's litteraly was Scream before Scream. To take the movie out of the movie and place it somewhere in surreal reality was genius.

Halloween Reserection. NO NO NO NO NO. Movie made no sense. Michael kills Laurie, okay, the only logical way to go from there is to hunt down her son....not go back home and jerk around killing people he could have cared less about.

So it all depends, when a series goes nowhere and dies, a remake or reboot is allowed. However, all the classic horror/slasher films are indeed dead and they are quickly making a remake of each and every one of them. And then what? Sequals to the remakes are now in the works.

i love new nightmare, agreed -- however im beginning to suspect i am the only person alive who digs "Freddys Dead" for what it is.

halloween rsurection was crap, i agreed. it was awful, but i dug zombie's remake a lot and cant wait for "H2" and yeah, i know ill get flamed for that sadly... i dont get the hate to RZs film.

i know this is gonna sound bad, but i dont mind a sequel to the remake, as long as its good. but i dug TEXAS CHAINSAW: BEGINING (technically a prequel), the other platinum dunes sequel/prequel to one of their remakes... so im all for F13 2. but i can totally understand your position on it... it sounds crazy on paper...

"a sequel to the remake of the original which had 9 sequels, a spin off, a tv show..." it sounds silly lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"