Friday the !3th Part 2 Due 2010

Its time to clear some things up.

Let's talk Friday 13th. We have busted our ass to get that movie going! The script is great- dare I say, better than the first. Shannon and Swift have outdone themselves. We are working with New Line to get that movie going. I had hoped to be able to tell you that we started prepping the movie, but that isn't the case. We are hoping that New Line decides get us started early next year.

We also have a couple of new projects we are getting ready for the new year. As they become real I will reveal all here.

I wish you all a great holiday season and appreciate your continued support. Let's hope that 2010 is a record-breaking year for horror!
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/platinumdunes/

Well, atleast they got a script, that's good to hear.

didn't get a chance to see the reboot in theaters, but saw it the other day on tv and really liked it. The opening scene is great.

next one should be good, if it gets made.

Not much, but cool none the less to hear back from Fuller on his intake from the fans.

Brad Fuller Updates 'Friday the 13th' Sequel Death

Last week it was revealed that talks were dead between Platinum Dunes and New Line Cinema on Friday the 13th Part 2 3D, which was originally supposed to be ready for release this coming Friday, August 13th. Bloody Disgusting's Chris Eggertsen caught up with Platinum Dunes producer Brad Fuller who talked a but more about the situation - and what you can do to get it made.

"Right now it’s not happening," Fuller told Bloody Disgusting. "Nothing’s happening on it…[but] for a movie like that, the door is always open. Obviously we’d really love to go back to Crystal Lake, and we’ve been very lucky on our last two films working with Jackie Earle Haley and Derek Mears [the new Jason Voorhees]. And being able to go back-to-back between those guys, and then to go back to Derek, I would love that."

He continues, "You know, it doesn’t feel to me like – and this isn’t specific to any studio – it doesn’t feel to me like the studios are making horror movies in the same way that they were making them three or four years ago where every studio had a couple horror movies in production or that they were prepping. I think if you look at the calendar for this year, there’s probably four or five horror movies, and they’re all either remakes or sequels to something else. So it just doesn’t feel like there’s the same appetite at the studio level. And we’ll see how the appetite is at the audience level when ‘Nightmare’ comes out."

Fuller also talks about what it takes to get these movies made.

"If horror fans really want more horror movies, they have to support…if you’re only gonna support the bigger-title horror movies, then the studios are gonna give ‘em. So the part that everyone always hates to hear, but it’s the truth, is the audience votes with their money, and then the studio responds to that. So I’m sure you’re aware of all the **** that we get cause we don’t make original horror movies…but when original horror movies come out and they don’t do as well as a remake, if you’re the person who’s writing the check to make the movie, which movie do you make?"
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19968

he's right about the genre. If more people would have went to see Drag Me to Hell they would be making more of those films. Studio's go where the money is. and right now Moneys on the remakes.

This is stupid. Why buy the rights, then sit on sequels when the reboot just made more than any previous F13 film? Stupid, stupid, stupid...

This is stupid. Why buy the rights, then sit on sequels when the reboot just made more than any previous F13 film? Stupid, stupid, stupid...
I don't know its Warner Bros. they're stupid as hell. The rights just came along with New Line when they bought New Line.

This is the same company that sat on Trick R' Trick for two years cause they didn't know how to promote it.

WB doesn't care about the Horror genre. I don't know how many times I've said this. They see it as a ugly red headed step child who made them money. And now whats to lock them up until they need it again.

I guess cause the critics didn't like it, but again what Slasher movies do critics like? They're for the fans not stuck up movie critics.

I think it has to do with how the movie fell more than the usual 50% at the box office the second week.

The movie had heavy marketing, and the series was gone for a few years, Fuller and company are just being smart. The movie hit huge numbers it's first week, and they most likely don't think it can do that again.

If Nightmare does the same thing as Friday, I'd be willing to bet they'll move on as well. But if Nightmare has legs unlike Friday, I'm sure it'll be fast tracked.

I think it has to do with how the movie fell more than the usual 50% at the box office the second week.

The movie had heavy marketing, and the series was gone for a few years, Fuller and company are just being smart. The movie hit huge numbers it's first week, and they most likely don't think it can do that again.

If Nightmare does the same thing as Friday, I'd be willing to bet they'll move on as well. But if Nightmare has legs unlike Friday, I'm sure it'll be fast tracked.
Like I said before I think the 13 release date was a gimmick and they should have expected to see a movie that weekend. Plus they showed no promotion after the 13 at all.

And them releasing NOES a week before IM2, one of the biggest movies of the year, just shows how much WB cause for the series and the genre together.

Like I said before I think the 13 release date was a gimmick and they should have expected to see a movie that weekend. Plus they showed no promotion after the 13 at all.

And them releasing NOES a week before IM2, one of the biggest movies of the year, just shows how much WB cause for the series and the genre together.
I think it has less to do with repect and more of fear. Ever sense SAW came out. Every horror film has come out at odd dates away from Halloween. Save for the ones that are just dumped in Oct that they don't think will really do well.

Like Nightmare, why the hell is it this weekend and not in Oct? Oh I know, because it's 1. Produced my Blockbuster Bay all his movies need to come out near this season and 2. Fear of Saw.

I think it has less to do with repect and more of fear. Ever sense SAW came out. Every horror film has come out at odd dates away from Halloween. Save for the ones that are just dumped in Oct that they don't think will really do well.

Like Nightmare, why the hell is it this weekend and not in Oct? Oh I know, because it's 1. Produced my Blockbuster Bay all his movies need to come out near this season and 2. Fear of Saw.
I don't think it has anything to do with the Halloween release dates. I don't think any of the original from either series came out in October.

I think the only Bay remakes to come out in October where TCM and its prequel.

Most of the other ones have come out in the first couple months of the year and have all done very well.

The Unborn and The Hitcher(lease grossing of the remakes) come out in January.

F13 in February.

Amityville Horror in April.

So yeah I don't think it has to worry about them being scared of Saw. They could have released the new NOES film earlier maybe. Seeing how it wrapped like in May of last year and waited to release it now. The original date was April 16, then got pushed back two weeks to its official spot.

I'm surprised to hear that they killed the sequel...

I wouldn't say killed really, just perhaps put on hold for a while. But I could be wrong.

I don't know why Paramount and New Line are putting this sequel on hold. It's so much cost-effective to produce a Friday sequel (since it requires a $10M-$17M budget), and even though the box-office take dropped hard during the first several weeks it made a profit nonetheless. $91M worldwide is no laughing matter, especially on a production budget of $19M.

It's even more cost-effective than a Final Destination sequel IMO.

I don't know why Paramount and New Line are putting this sequel on hold. It's so much cost-effective to produce a Friday sequel (since it requires a $10M-$17M budget), and even though the box-office take dropped hard during the first several weeks it made a profit nonetheless. $91M worldwide is no laughing matter, especially on a production budget of $19M.

It's even more cost-effective than a Final Destination sequel IMO.

Blame it on Warner Bros, that's all I gotta say. They are the ones who give the greenlight, Paramount is just putting it out there into theaters.

I'm sure everyone else wants to do one, but its up to big brother. WB.

Paramount isn't the one holding it up at all, they were the studio behind all the original Jason movies. I'm sure if they had final say, there would be no hold up.

Paramount isn't the one holding it up at all, they were the studio behind all the original Jason movies. I'm sure if they had final say, there would be no hold up.
Like i said it's Warner Bros, they hold the rights to NOES Via New Line. Since Warner Bros own's them.

The F13th remake was good enough. No need for a potentially sh**ty sequel.

I'm for a sequel to the 2009 remake. Especially if it did have Camp Crystal Lake re-opening and a section of the script featuring Jason in the snow.

I'd think Warner Brothers would just push for a Friday sequel more, since like the Saw movies, they're cheap to make and produce a quick profit. Maybe they're waiting to see how Nightmare does box-office wise before greenlighting any other Platinum Dunes film productions.

I'm for a sequel to the 2009 remake. Especially if it did have Camp Crystal Lake re-opening and a section of the script featuring Jason in the snow.

I'd think Warner Brothers would just push for a Friday sequel more, since like the Saw movies, they're cheap to make and produce a quick profit. Maybe they're waiting to see how Nightmare does box-office wise before greenlighting any other Platinum Dunes film productions.
That's what I think their doing.

Yeah, but they sold the rights to New Line when the eighth film didn't do as well as the others. They were involved with the 2009 movie because PD wanted to use elements from the first four movies and obtain the remake rights.

I really wish the sequel would come out. The remake deserves it. Jason in the snow, etc. It would just be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"