Friday the !3th Part 2 Due 2010

How about having a group of gorgeous female fitness trainers helping overweight kids. The new installment take place at a FAT CAMP. The writers can really have fun with this story and it’s something we haven’t seen in the franchise.

Sounds interesting. Though I would expect a homage of part 5 to appear with that type of scenario.

You know. Fat kid Joey. A candy bar. And a axe. :hehe:

Roy Burns wasn't so bad, just far fetched and forced into the killer role. He's no Jason, but damn it, he killed a lot of people that night!

How about this, get people like the kids in the opening of the first one (remake that is) and make the whole movie centered around them cause the new remake would of been MUCH better if the whole movie was about the kids in the begining cause oddly they had that old slasher 80's teenager vibe to them.

I agree. The first fifteen minutes was the best.

I want the camp counselors in the sequel....We have not had them since Friday The 13th Part 2!...Bring them people back!...Thats Jason right their...And I agree the remakes should of taken place in the 1980s not 2000s.

I'd love for the franchise to go back to it's "camp" roots. Have the sequel pull from the old films where they would constantly re-open Camp Crystal Lake under a new name like a bunch of idiots.

I'm very interested to see where they go with the sequel either way. I think it'd be a great homage to have Clay and Whitney die in the opening scene though a la the original Friday Pt. 2.

I would love to see the camp as a main theme, I think it's about time!

That’s similar to Predator, but as long as they don’t send Jason into outer space again or have him take another boat trip to Manhattan I’ll be happy.

Jason came before Predator so it be all good....Jason Takes Manhattan was actually a good slasher movie.

Roy Burns wasn't so bad, just far fetched and forced into the killer role. He's no Jason, but damn it, he killed a lot of people that night!

Dude who killed fat guy with the axe should of been the killer....Roy could of helped Tommy and them take him out for revenge.

I hope we get another Tommy Jarvis like character to stand up against Jason.

Sounds interesting. Though I would expect a homage of part 5 to appear with that type of scenario.

You know. Fat kid Joey. A candy bar. And a axe. :hehe:

hahaha, so classic.

I still say the guy with the axe who killed the fat kid with the candy in Part 5 should of been the killer.

Okay, the guy with the axe who killed fat kid was the killer...for one death. But it was Roy Burns, who saw his dead son chopped to pieces who lost his mind and blamed the others for it happening...appearently they should have been watching him better??? Sound familier? That's why Roy was the killer.

Although I have no desire to see Part V updated/redone/re-imaged or whatever, I will say it's very unique to the series. And the film should stay that way. Roy Burns, for all intents and purposes, wasn't anywhere near as pleasing to audiences as the fake Jason, but on the other hand, he was extremely relentless and creative with his kills. Not to mention his hockey mask was pretty sweet as well.

And really, how can you not love how he dispatches those hillbillies. :woot:

Part V wasnt that bad, kind of a guilty pleasure of mine.

Okay, the guy with the axe who killed fat kid was the killer...for one death. But it was Roy Burns, who saw his dead son chopped to pieces who lost his mind and blamed the others for it happening...appearently they should have been watching him better??? Sound familier? That's why Roy was the killer.

I'm saying the cray guy with the axe to me would of been a better fake Jason....Roy Burns could of still been in the movie but to exact revenge on the crazy axe guy not the other people...But its whatever.

Platinum Dunes has removed Friday the 13th Part 2 in 3D from its release calendar and has now filed it under TBD. The sequel to the Platinum Dunes remake being scripted by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift was intended to hit theaters on Friday, August 13, 2010.

Platinum Dunes' Brad Fuller has said time and time again Friday the 13th Part 2 is not a greenlit project.

And while the August 13, 2010 release was discussed, there was nothing ever official about it. So, when Box Office Mojo reports that the sequel to Friday the 13th now has a release date of "TBD" (which they have), it shouldn't really come as any surprise.

Although, Voorhees fans - including myself - were hopeful they'd hit that date.

Platinum Dunes isn't a company that rushes their projects along. Look at the first Friday the 13th. It was shot in the first half of '08 and was released in February of this year. If the sequel is greenlit, they might follow the same production model allotting time for test screenings, etc.

Also something to consider? If it is going to be shot in 3D, they'll need more time for that as well.
http://www.shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=13197

I'm still trying to figure out why studios are feeling the need to make everything 3D. 3D should only be used if it adds something to the story. People are going to get burnt out (again) on 3D if everything is in 3D. You know?

Cause they think it makes more money that's why. They can charge a couple bucks more for 3D, then rather the 2D version.

Cause they think it makes more money that's why. They can charge a couple bucks more for 3D, then rather the 2D version.

I know everything ultimately comes down to money, but there's going to come a time when 3D is no longer that appealing. You know? They are going to run it into the ground.

Its just about any horror themed movie that's coming out. I kinda blame The Final Destination for doing do well in 3D and being #1 for 2 weeks straight.

I thought that was kinda too soon anyways, id like if they pushed it back if that meant a better overall movie.

So I know this is late, and it really has nothing to do with a Friday sequel, but I'm bored and I just wanted to share the idea I had for the Friday the 13th reboot, one that I think is better than the run of the mill film we received, which wasn't BAD, it was bland, atleast in mind of this die hard Jason fan.

I would have kept the original in technical continuity for starters. I would have established that Mrs. Voorhees went on a killing spree and then was murdered on June 13th, 1980 at Camp Crystal Lake and that the lone survior later fell into the lake and claimed that it she was pulled down by a dead boy. I would have opened the film itself with a few teens dicking off in the woods, the usual sex and drug filled scamping trip. Obviously, Jason offs there unlucky asses. I would have then faded out from the final death scene in that sequence in similiar fashion to the first and second Friday, rolling the credits along with a voiceover about Mrs. Voorhees bloodbath at camp blood, some grainy footage of the police on the scene and dead bodies being carted away, and then newspaper clippings about Jason jumping out from the lake as well as the legend of Jason Voorhees in general. After that, the story would kick in. That story would have seen a skeleton production crew and young, unheard of actors (what, no A-lister, stupid snobs) that were party hardy tools for the most part head to Camp Crystal Lake to film one of those quasi-documentry style films about the events of Mrs. Voorhees and the night of June 13th, while also mixing in and dramatizing the myth of Jason Voorhees and all the bad things and disappearences that have happened in the area even after the death of Pamela Voorhees.

Like Rob Zomie did with Halloween, don't flame me, the film would pay homage to the horror movies like Zombie's films have been. The casting would have reflected this. For example, I can already see Corey Feldman as the *****e bag director in charge of the whole operation, Danielle Harris as one of the actresses in the documentary and maybe even the lead, Pamela Springsteen as Mrs. Voorhees, Gunner Hansen as some townie, Bill Mosley as a crazy ralph variation, you get the idea. After that, I'd go out and get the kind of actors that appear in direct to dvd movies such as the American Pie presents crew. Those guys can make immature smut fun, one of the keys to a successful horror movies. Seriously, a guy like Jason Siegel/Coose or Steve Talley/Dwight Stifler would be great for this film. It's not like those kind of actors have anything else to do, any of these type of actors for that matter.

Anyway, in the midst of smut filled debauchery, obviously Jason would show up and brutally murder everyone. I would have left him in the burlap sack longer than the actual reboot. I might have kept him out of the hockey mask until he final third of the film. I think the burlap sack would make Jason as intimidating as he can be at this stage. When he finally gets the hockey mask I think it would come across as an awesome pay off and the audience would think to themselves, "now the **** is about to the hit the fan".

During the classic chase sequence, Jason would take a few death worthy blows and keep coming. I know that realistic horror is the cool thing these days, but I don't care. Part of what makes Jason awesome is tha he can't be stopped by a simple gun shot wound or by being stabbed. And don't give me crap about Jason only being indestructable after becoming Zombie Jason in Part 6. Part two I will give you, Jason doesn't take much of a beating other than getting the machete in his back. But he walked away from that and went on to being pushed over the edge of a barn with a rope around his neck, took an axe to the head, took a hammer to the back of the neck, got to wear a television as a momentary hat, and moved his arms after a machete found his head. All this happened in part three and four when he was still human looking Jason.

As a fun tidbit, the horror film known as The Burning would be brought a few times for fun. In this particular universe, there was obviously no Jason move so the Burning turned out to be the definitive camp horror movie. It would just be a neat little wink horror movie fanatics. Speaking of which, I'm sure that you all see can tell that my idea is for horror fans by a horror fan. If a Friday thr 13th movie can open at number one in the box office and turn an awesome profit for a Jason despite being bland, I'm confident enough to say that at the very least my idea would have made the same amount.

Oh, and there would be plenty of 80's hair band music.....thats all,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"